It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim US President 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
America is about to go a huge political upheaval.

Expect to see riots in every major city.

There will be National Guard deployed on the streets.

Chaos will be everywhere in towns across America in 2008.

Anarchy will prevail, and there will be violence.

Why?

United States will soon have a muslim President.

Leftists are about to give Washington to an Islamic guy.

Christians will not tolerate it.

AP - Friday December 22, 2006

Rice: U.S. ready for black president

By ANNE GEARAN, AP Diplomatic Writer

WASHINGTON - America is ready to elect a black president, says Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 22-12-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
United States will soon have a muslim President.

Only if he/she is voted in and if they are voted in then you will not see riots.

Barack Hussien Obama had a muslim father. He attended Muslim school for two years. From what I read, once a muslim - always a muslim. Just like in the Catholic church, once a catholic - always a Catholic. Even if he left the religion, those who are still in that religion see him as a muslim gone bad. (In the Catholic faith, OFFICIALLY - those who stop practicing the Catholic faith are called lapsed Catholics and their new faith isn't recognized.)

Obama will not be president. Hillary won't let it happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
.....again with this "obama is a muslim" bs

does obama consider himself muslim?
NO

is this a stupid point to bring up?
YES

are all of the statements in the original post purely speculative?
YES

hell, even the part about obama being elected
i doubt he will
he lacks the money to do it

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Obama is not a Muslim. People don't get to say what religion other people are. That's something a person professes himself...

From a speech Obama gave in June:

Speech

I was not raised in a particularly religious household, as undoubtedly many in the audience were. My father, who returned to Kenya when I was just two, was born Muslim but as an adult became an atheist. My mother, whose parents were non-practicing Baptists and Methodists, was probably one of the most spiritual and kindest people I've ever known, but grew up with a healthy skepticism of organized religion herself. As a consequence, so did I.
I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ on 95th Street in the Southside of Chicago one day and affirm my Christian faith. It came about as a choice, and not an epiphany. I didn't fall out in church. The questions I had didn't magically disappear. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side, I felt that I heard God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth.

Barack Obama is a Christian. Get over it.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I went to catholic church for 18 years, baptized, communion, and confirmed. I have since left, and now hold the church in some of the lowest regards.

Not in agreement with the "once a muslim, once a catholic, always...."

The church is bogus, primitive, in denial, corrupt, hipocritical, among other things, so yeah.....

If qualifications is the arguement we have to debate in any capacity regarding Obama's qualifications to be our leader, we must hold those same standards over the head of our downs syndrome stricken current president. And if we do that, it seems obvious that Obama is many times over more competent to be a leader..

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Obama is not a Muslim. Barack Obama is a Christian. Get over it.

You entirely missed what I said. I'll try to make it more clear.

Obama went to Muslim school for 2 years. His father was Muslim. He was a muslim.

Once a person is muslim they are OFFICIALLY considered a muslim forever by their fellow (former) muslims. Obama is a practicing Christian and you and I consider him to be a Christian but in the Muslim faith once a person is Muslim they are considered Muslim, bad or good, forever. It's the same in the Catholic faith.

Obama doesn't consider himself muslim. I don't consider him muslim. You don't consider him muslim. BUT the Muslim world considers him a muslim who has 'gone bad'.

Catholics who leave are OFFICIALLY considered to still be Catholic by the church even though those people reject it. They are called 'lapsed catholics' by the church.

See?

Originally posted by tha stillz
Not in agreement with the "once a muslim, once a catholic, always...."

You and I wouldn't consider you a Catholic. However, OFFICIALLY the Church still considers you a Catholic. A lapsed Catholic.

See what I'm saying?

To all of us Obama is not muslim. But in the Middle East ... they will consdier him a Muslim, gone bad.

And my original statement stands - If someone is Muslim and they are elected president there will be no riots. I do NOT think Obama will be president in 2008 (muslim or not). It will be Hillary.

[edit on 12/22/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
is this a stupid point to bring up?
YES

NO it's not stupid. Because he's the closest thing to a 'muslim' that will be running in 2008 and that's what the question was basically about. Would America accept a Muslim president. (I say yes)

Part of the world considers him to be muslim. You and I don't, but part does.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The only thing that scares me more than an open Muslim, is a closet Muslim. Barak Hussein Obama fits in that category.

Muslims have a goal to take over the world. Getting one elected to Congress is only a start for them, it would be quite a coup to get one elected President.

But just like in 2004 when Hillary prevented Kerry from getting elected, Hillary will also stop Barak Hussein Obama.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You entirely missed what I said. I'll try to make it more clear.

I didn't miss what you said. Having a father that was a Muslim and attending a Muslim school for 2 years doens't make someone a Muslim, though.

He was a muslim.

How do you know this?

My post was aimed at the OP, btw.

But in the Middle East ... they will consdier him a Muslim, gone bad.

Who cares what they think? Since when do we care what the Middle East thinks about our president? Not me.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
The only thing that scares me more than an open Muslim, is a closet Muslim. Barak Hussein Obama fits in that category.

WTF is a "closet Muslim"? And what information can you share with us that supports this whacked theory?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Once a person is muslim they are OFFICIALLY considered a muslim forever by their fellow (former) muslims.

Where is this said? I'd like a quote in the Qur'an where this is displayed. I think you'll find there's not one that deals with it. If you're talking from a purely social point of view, certain Islamic groups do think this but then they're not representative of the whole.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

WTF is a "closet Muslim"? And what information can you share with us that supports this whacked theory?

i second this
why are people making outrageous statements like that?
obama went to a muslim school, so he's a muslim
obama's dad was a muslim for 2 years of barrack's life, so he's a muslim

first of all, a 2 year old has no religious persuasion
anyone who says otherwise is slightly deluded
there is no such thing as an "insert religion's name here" child
just a child who's parent(s) follow that religion

second, just because you go to religious school, it doesn't make you a follower of that religion
i know muslims at catholic schools
catholics at jewish schools
jews at muslim schools
and atheists at all 3

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've read Obama's book quite recently, and still have a good memory of the chapter on faith. His mother was an anthropologist and exposed Barack to many religions, but did not expect him to be instructed in the dogma of any religion. She had a fairly Buddhist attitude towards religion.

I gather the inference from his book (strictly my opinion based on his statements, not in any way claimed to have any absolute validity) that he may be an athiest who joined the church because his "outsider" status was hindering his work which required cooperation with black churches.

was drawn to the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change.

It was because of these newfound understandings–that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved–that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized. It came about as a choice and not an epiphany; the questions I had did not magically disappear

He spent two years in a Muslim school because his mother moved to Indonesia with his step-father (who was drafted into the Indonesian army after Suharto's coup) and since a lieutenant in the Indonesian army made next to nothing and his mother was only working as an English teacher at the embassy, there wasn't enough money to send Barack to a better school- he went where the Indonesian children went for a couple of years.

To say that a guy is a Muslim because of his name, because of his skin color, or because the school he attended in THE WORLD'S LARGEST MUSLIM NATION happened to be a Muslim school (gee go figure) is at least ignorant if not just plain dishonest. The man's ideas resonate with people, his record and his well-spoken common sense earn people's trust, and he has a good chance of becoming president- this scares Republicans and they're going to resort to fear-mongering and plays on xenophobia and that is disgusting.

If Barack's schooling makes him a Muslim, all Americans are athiests.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Where in that article does it even mention anything about Muslim president in 2008? It says America is ready for a BLACK president in 2008 nothing about Muslim.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I thought the same thing at first, but there are really two obvious possibilities, one much more likely than the other.

A. The originator of this thread thinks all blacks are Muslims.

B. He assumed (almost certainly correctly) that Barack Obama is the only black candidate with a snowballs chance in hell, and then for reasons surpassing my understanding, got the idea in his head that Obama is a muslim.

And incidentally, we've already got a Muslim in DC. There have been no riots. There's been a minor fiasco over whether or not he should have to blaspheme before his God by swearing on the Bible, but no riots.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Where in that article does it even mention anything about Muslim president in 2008? It says America is ready for a BLACK president in 2008 nothing about Muslim.

The title of this thread said 'MUSLIM US president 2008'. Therefore the discussion went in that direction.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
just because you go to religious school, it doesn't make you a follower of that religion

No kidding. I already said that Obama doesn't consider himself to be muslim. Neither do I.

Having a father that was a Muslim and attending a Muslim school for 2 years doens't make someone a Muslim, though.

From what I have been reading, it does indeed make someone a muslim in Shira law. Having a muslim father means you are muslim TO THEM.

Who cares what they think?
I don't care what anyone thinks. However, this thread is about having a 'MUSLIM US president'. Obama may, or may not be, muslim. In his heart he isn't. In my eyes he isn't. However, to many people he is because Shira law says he is.

Middle Eastern Muslims (as well as elsewhere) will see him as a Muslim gone bad. Many people in America will see the Shira law saying 'once a muslim, always a muslim' and 'sons of muslim fathers are themselves muslim'. So for many in America, even though Barak (from the Muslim word Baraka) says he isn't Muslim ... they will see that the Muslim religion says differently.

Shira law – having a muslim father means that you are muslim.
Shira law – once a muslim always a muslim.

In Islam it is forbidden to convert to other faiths. Therefore – once a muslim, always a muslim (as far as THEY are concerned – not me - but THEM) News, stories, and discussions about how Shira law says ‘once a muslim, always a muslim’ - (some are biased, but the point is that they quote Shira law)

egyptianobserver.blogspot.com...
www.debbieschlussel.com...
michellemalkin.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
egyptianobserver.blogspot.com...

Edited to add - for those interested in music take a look at the lyrics in this song - Muslim 4 life. it isn't 'law' ... but I found it interesting non-the-less.
www.lyricsdownload.com...

[edit on 12/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well, I guess he's a Catholic, too, then.

Barack Obama spent "two years in a Muslim school, then two more in a Catholic school."
Source

FF, from one of your sources...

So ... is a man who Muslims think is a Muslim, who feels some sort of psychological need to prove himself to his absent Muslim father, and who is now moving in the direction of his father's heritage, a man we want as President when we are fighting the war of our lives against Islam?

How many assumptions need to be stacked on top of each other to make this guy look bad?

War against Islam??? Hmmm... I thought it was the War on Terror. But I guess it's all the same thing to some people, huh? :shk:

Yeah, that's the mindset of someone I want to listen to...

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well, I guess he's a Catholic, too, then.

No. He wasn't baptised or confirmed Catholic therefore the Catholic church doesn't view him as Catholic. Being a 'catholic forever' and a 'muslim forever' are two different things with two different sets of rules that claim the person.

from one of your sources...

I used those to show that shira law is 'once muslim always muslim'. I thought a few of the articles were 'over the top' but the point was that once a person is a muslim, muslims view them as muslim forever, no matter what that former-muslim person says.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I know, FF. I wasn't ragging you for your source, I was ragging the people who wrote that crap.

As regards being Muslim, what do you have to do for them to think you're a Muslim? Be born into it? Probably. Some of them probably consider me a Muslim who just hasn't found the light. Yet.

I'm absolutely CERTAIN that not all Muslims feel that once a Muslim, always a Muslim. Just your radicals, which exist in any religion.

Again, it matters not to me what people of a certain religion think. It has nothing to do with the truth of the matter. And that is that he is a Christian.

And what if he was a Muslim, anyway? What if the religion consider hima Muslim? What difference would that make? Who cares?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My 2 cents.

1. About this "once a Muslim always a muslim" stuff

Just because Muslims will consider you a muslim, it does not mean you will act or think like a Muslim. For all we know, Obama eats ham every morning for breakfast, drinks alcohol, worships Jesus, and has never been to Mecca. If this is true, whether or not Muslims consider him a Muslim is irrelevant.

2. It is still probable that Obama really is a Muslim. Muslims have gotten a bad rap in recent years, and being a Muslim would be a political liability. Politicians like David Disraeli ("Jewish" PM of the UK) have been rumored to hide their true religious afiliation in order to advance their polical careers. Perhaps it is probable Obama is doing the same thing. This is not to say Obama is a terrorist or is secretly trying to impose Sharia law in the US, but rather is fibbing about some aspect of his personal life like many politicians do. At the end of the day is Obama's alleged pretend Christianity any different than that of Bill Clinton who would step into a church for a photo op whenever his pollsters thought it was necessary? Is Obama's pretend Christianity any worse than that of all those right wing religious fanatics that get busted screwing little boys? If all Obama is lying about is his religious affiliation, then he is the most honest politician there ever was.

<<   2 >>

join