It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K 2006 Births - 7000 called Jack - 6000 called Mohammed !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
SKUNK.

I've been in / seen fights in Leeds & Bradford quite a few times, but they involved just white people.

I was too near for comfort to a drive-by shooting in Chapletown but that involved black people (ie not muslims).

I've never had an issue with muslims in W Yorks - perhaps it's you???

I notice you don't mention Seacroft, Armley etc etc. Face it Leeds has many #ty areas where violence is all too common - irrespective of colour.

This is non-story.

Don't feed the troll(s)

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daviduk2006

Do you have any idea who owns the power in these countries? It's not the minority population.

Thats one of the only reasonble things ive seen you type yet !!

True they dont "hold" the power, but there is no doubt that some European countries will have Majority Muslim populations within many of our lifetimes.

The Question is, when the Minority becomes the majority, will the Majority be able to take power from the Minority, i have a feeling that in many instances and with some clever law changes that they wont.

Im willing to bet though that Middle East inspired Violence is going to spread and grow enormously across Europe, the "Paris" riots will become commonplace.

It will have a happy ending, Good ALWAYS prevails over evil.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Why is this scary #?

Arent Muslims HUMAN too?

Must you always open another Islamophobic thread?

I got two words for you:

THERAPY.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Wasn't there a phase of babies being named Britney not so long ago? I am still waiting for the country to be overrun by scantily clad single mother trailer trash chav girls. Oh!.. dammit, another bad analogy
But you get my drift

Seriously, the average youth in Britain has become more and more retarded beyond belief over the past 10 years. I'm more worried about this.

If you are studying ancient neanderthals, come to Britain and wait near a bus stop. Within 30 - 60 minutes one will come along demanding you give him the contents of your wallet.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I got two words for you: THERAPY.

Souljah, that's one word.

ON TOPIC - I have never understood why so many muslims name their children Mohammed. With Christians in the West there are tons of names to choose from and, with the exception of the spanish population, we generally don't name our children Jesus.

I'm not slamming ... I'm asking .... why so many Muhammeds? Is there a belief in a connection with Muhammed or a prophecy the want fulfilled or something?

I'm asking a sincere question. Does anyone know?

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Good ALWAYS prevails over evil.

Only when good people get off their butts and make good prevail. When good people sit back and do nothing .... evil wins.

[edit on 12/22/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Its near impossible to get a "British Islamic Republic". Muslims are 2% of the population within the United Kingdom and Christianity is still growing within the UK due to Polish and other Easter European immigration.

UK is more likely to become a Catholic State than anything else.

All Islamic extremists, including Al Qaeda, want the restoration of the Caliphate and that does not include the United Kingdom or France. The idea of the Caliphate is not supported by mainstream Islam either because imperialism ended with the British Empire.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I got two words for you: THERAPY.

Souljah, that's one word.

I know - thats why it should be even funnier!

Actually I got that from a movie - I have no idea which one tho...

I'm not slamming ... I'm asking .... why so many Muhammeds? Is there a belief in a connection with Muhammed or a prophecy the want fulfilled or something?

It is very similar to the name MARY where I love - Slovenia - the most popular name for a woman is MARIJA, which means Mary, taken from the Holy Virgin. So I think its just people wanting that their kids be named after their most important religious persons. Nothing much. I dont think anybody is really expecting a prophecy to be fullfilled with so many Marias in Slovenia either.

Go figure.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Arent Muslims HUMAN too?

Considering the diferences between my Culture and Islamic Culture i cant honestly answer yes to this Question.

The Actions, Teachings and Norms within Islam make us Worlds apart culturally. I can relate with other Abramatic religions, but not Islam.

Islam has not evolved, it dwells in the dark ages, its Intolerant, seperatist and aims for dominance as opposed to Inclusion.

It gos against Western normalitys of Equality and Acceptance.

Prove me wrong, im always eager to learn.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

HERE

Altogether, 5,936 newly born babies were named Mohammad, one of seven other variants in England in 2006, up from 4,532 last year and from 3,732 named in 2000.

the above source, Islamic Republic News,
has an agenda to do a more indepth research about the popularity of the name Muhammad/Mohammad/Mohammed plus 4 other variants....

than did the Telegraph

The Office of National Statistics said there were 2,833 baby boys called Mohammed.

There were 2,833 babies called Mohammed born in 2006
and 1,422 called Muhammad.

so the difference between these two reports is that there were another 1,681 babies with a name variant of the Prophet, which the Telegraph News did not consider noteworthy but the Islamic Republic News did.

What i'm wondering, beyond the national ranking of the name in the British population, is What? percentage of boys were called Mohammed or whatever within the Islamic &/or Muslim population??

because i noticed that there were several names for (Islamic community) girls in that were different & varied;
Yasmine, Alisha, Zara, Layla....
?does anyone know the what the Prophets' mother's name was?

but all in all, in whichever report accounting you favor, the number of 'Mohammeds' in the UK is a bit smaller than the name rankings suggest or imply.
There does not seem to be a birthing frenzy inside Muslim or Islam designed to take over the world going on there, imho

EDIT; change . for a ,

[edit on 22-12-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Arent Muslims HUMAN too?

Considering the diferences between my Culture and Islamic Culture i cant honestly answer yes to this Question.

The Actions, Teachings and Norms within Islam make us Worlds apart culturally. I can relate with other Abramatic religions, but not Islam.

Islam has not evolved, it dwells in the dark ages, its Intolerant, seperatist and aims for dominance as opposed to Inclusion.

It gos against Western normalitys of Equality and Acceptance.

Prove me wrong, im always eager to learn.

Aren't you referring to extremists, isnt there a difference?

And likewise, there are "British" nationalist extremists too.

Some of what you say, echo's what a lot of the british white population agree with.
But we are in danger of literally starting ww3 over this, as world affairs shows.
The need for "Human Unity" is strongly needed to over come this, a balance between the extremists and the Lefty's.

Its like ALL problems in life, i sometimes think.
If a disagreement is apparent, you have three choices.
1, Fight for your belief, no matter what.
2, try and compromise with the situation, at least coming to a happy medium.
3, walk away from the problem with out solving it, at some stage you might have to come back and act out no.1, or 2.

Although this thread like similar one brings up a lot of opinions, its a VERY apparent thread, one that the world must come to an agreement of sorts, otherwise we will kill all of us.
And Humans as a whole will loose.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I for one, have little patience for the self-righteous sexist bigotry that has immigrated to Canuckistan in droves.

My neighbour from Saudi, whose wife never leaves the house but in his company covered from head to toe in black, cannot put out his garbage. Everyone knows Saudis are too good to put out their own garbage. In Saudi Arabia foreigners are hired for that ignominious purpose.

So he leaves it out there in cardboard boxes floating and flying in the wind food for rats, given the shortage of goats. The housing authority arrives at my door to tell me to pick it up. (I have a garbage can with a lid.) I assume because it's easier to rag on a single mother than a Saudi male - sexism still being so much more acceptable than racism.

I told them - 'It's not my garbage.' The response - 'What if the neighbour says that too???!!!'

To hell with facts, let's just find the easiest possible scapegoat. To hell with reverse racism. Many of these never-ending muslim immigrants are thoroughly convinced of their own superiority to christians, jews, buddhists, hindus, and especially atheists. Bested only by their conviction that women hold a status somewhere beneath cattle.

I'm perfectly willing to accept their culture and find many beautiful and enriching things in the koran, but I'm not willing to play victim to their sexist self-righteous bigotry.

We will not learn to live side by side if we cow to every affront for fear of being labeled racist.

I feel if the rights of their women are protected here, the second and third generations will integrate better. However, there does appear to be a strong influence from inside the muslim community to prevent 'corruption' of the West. Corruption which is often interpreted by pre-historic social values. One of my muslim friend's daughters refuses to wear the hijab, she does not receive financial help from her mother's brothers as a result.

This same woman's husband left her. He moved to another city remarried an imported 14 year old, whom they call 16, although never legally divorced. Of course there is no support for his first family. That young girl will be better at following dictates than an educated fully grown muslim woman.

While there is a great deal of dogma in the Christian world, it is not alone in that phenomena, yet there seems to be resistance to pointing that out in other religions.

Happily accepting responsibility for white racism will not address the bigotry and malicious sexism accepted as righteous by many muslim immigrants.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There is an existing and earlier thread discussing this topic here:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Please feel free to add your contributions to the discussion there.

Thread Closed.

[edit on 2006-12-22 by wecomeinpeace]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join