It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J.K. Rowling Reveals Title of Final Harry Potter Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So it's going to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Is it just me or does that title seem to make no sense?
I'll still buy it though, probably the day it comes out

Link

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wasn't the villiage he lived in with his parents called something Hallows? I seem to recall reading that in the latest book.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Wasn't the villiage he lived in with his parents called something Hallows?

The Weasleys live in "The Burrow" is that what you mean?

[edit on 1/18/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
James and Lily were killed in Godric's Hollow.

As for the title..

Deathly is an adjective meaning 'of', 'as', or 'with death.'

Hallow means, 'to make sacred or holy'.

So, if one was to make death sacred, one can infer that the Deathy Hallows are the 6 horcruxs that Voldemort made sacred (to him) with his life force.

This is my opinion of it.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I read about this in a newspaper about a month ago. I'm looking forward to this book.
There is rumour about Harry dieing, but I remember reading that a main Character will die. (I will try to find a link for this)

An interview with J.K. Rowling...

The surge is due to pre-order sales of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Author JK Rowling has hinted a leading character will be killed off.

Link

[edit on 18-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why kill the cash cow in its prime. I want more Potter and I want it now. How about a book, that farther along. They could have jobs, and such.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Harry Potter will most likely die killing the bad guy - much the same as what happened in Matrix 3 (terrible movie). It's expected. No biggie.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Harry Potter will most likely die killing the bad guy - much the same as what happened in Matrix 3 (terrible movie). It's expected. No biggie.

I keep going back and forth with this one..

Harry is the Christ figure in the story, and I could see him being killed and resurrected like Jesus, but she already played that angle in Chamber of Secrets when the Basilisk (aKa Satan, the Serpent) tried to kill Harry and Fawkes 'resurrected' him (not a true ressurection, but enough for symbolism).

If Harry is killed this time, I think he will again be resurrected via one of Voldemort's horcruxs, seeing as Harry and Voldemort share power and all.

As for killing the franchise..

There is no way that the publishers would allow the the Harry Potter universe to simply die. I expect to see the Star Wars 'Expanded Universe' treatment, where other authors take shots at writing backstories for characters and creating new characters and evils to fight. I doubt very strongly that this is the last 'Hogwarts' book that will ever be written.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If other writer's take it on I will lose interest. J.K Rowling has specifically said she will write no more, but as it's Harry's last year no one can put Harry back as a student in Hogwarts, if other writer's make a new main character, then it's jusy not Harry Potter at all. I wouldn't read it...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
bah i say i was a fan till she killed dumbledore that made me a fan no more...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking
bah i say i was a fan till she killed dumbledore that made me a fan no more...

i understand that, when he died i put the book down and didnt continue to read it for another month it was a sad ending to a good book.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
thanks outrider im glad ya see it my way and btw i love your avie FMA rocks!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
She'll kill Harry. Why? Because Harry will discover he is the last Horcrux. Or his scar is.

Also, prequels people! Reading about the Marauders at school or something.

But... Harry left Hogwarts, remember? He and Hermione and Ron left to hunt down Voldemort. So maybe have to go back to school to finish? Although with harry dead won't have to worry about that.

new topics

top topics

join