It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI knew in 1993, see for your self.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just doing some digging and knew it would be of use. This is a decent video that makes clear what was, and what happened again.
They knew then, and it was publically acknowledged, what makes any one think it isn't so with the recent attack?

Did the FBI know that someone was planning on trying to blow up the World Trade Center buildings in New York City in 1993? Watch this rare news clip of a report by CBS news from October 1993.

Rare News Footage

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yeah, they knew about it man.

If you look up more around the case that followed, the FBI was supplying Emad Salem with the device, who would then hand it over to a suspected terrorist cell to see if they would bomb the WTC, allegedly for the FBI to arrest them if they actually attempted it. When the FBI gave Salem a live bomb, he started recording all his phone conversations with the FBI.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Imagine it, they were willing to do such things then, and it worked. No one got in trouble, let alone caught. So what makes any one think they would not do so again, it beats me, but I for one will be suspicious no matter what is going on.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What are you implying?

That the FBI new of a plot to bring down the WTC towers in '93?
That the FBI had an inside man, that they used their inside man to guide and help the terrorists?
That the FBI provided the detonators and helped build the bomb that exploded in the basement of WTC?

Those are serious accusations.
Accusations I first saw/heard when I purchased '9/11 the road to tyranny' by Alex Jones.

When you put these facts in context with documents like Operation Northwoods, it leaves the most patriotic amoung us reeling.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Now yet another surpising thread?

Whats going on here?

Anyway, I think that rougue elements of probably every single goverment institution in America were involved in 9-11 attacks; from FBI, CIA, NSA, Military Intelligence, the Army, the Air Force, the elements within the current goverment, probably senators in the senate, all sorts of business man, who own big bad corporations - and probably also rouge elements from outside America; Israeli, German, French, Russian, Saudi intelligence agencies. I would not count out even members in the Vatican and lets throw in members of Secret Societes - and you have a nasty big melting post of conspirators against the People of America and the People of Earth. But I am just scratching the surface here.

Nasty.

I am suspecious from the start of this...

[edit on 22/12/06 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why is this surprising? This "RARE" footage has been posted here on a few occasions....two weeks ago actually on another thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It is also covered in this clip if you forward to the 56th min

video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
getting the information to those who could have stopped it and those who could have stopped it having the information, but chose not to are 2 different things.

Everyone knows that the intelligence agencies have communications problems. theyre forbbiden fro sharing intelligence. Although this is being wroked on. We also know that information doesnt always get sent up to the people who need to know about it.

Its the norm for an analyst to analyse intelligence, write a report on it, and instead of being sent up to people who need it, it will just sit on a shelf and collect dust. There are also people who would need to know this kind of stuff in the agencies, and are looking for it in their data bases, and cant find the kind of relevant information theyre looking for, even though it is there waiting to be read.

and again about communication problems, there are lots of barriers making it hard for agencies to share information. I was reading about one guy who worked for the CIA and how he would have problems sending information to the FBI. He would have it couriered over to the people who needed it, they would cal him and say "we havent gotten it yet". he would fax it, and they would still call him telling him they havent gotten it. the barriers they create to make sharing info make this kind of thing difficult.

Its the events such as terrorist attacks that are a result of this, not of any evil doing or corruption. ITs the events you dont hear about, terroist plots that have been stopped and kept on the DL for security reasons that result when it does work. you hear of the intelligence agencie's failures, but not their successes.

It doesnt surpise me one single bit that they have a report or warnings that an attack was about to happen, and then it happened. I would expect that kind of thing from intelligence agencies that have info sharing problems, and problems getting important info to the right people. Often, the intelligence is there, its just problems of getting it to the right people that can cause # to hit the fan. so hearing that they did infact have the infor prior is nothing surpising at all! Oh but you CTers jump for joy when you hear about someone having the info beforehand. ooooh like that means anything, its normal for info to be there before the event is supposed to happen. yeah, its kinda normal, duuuuhhhhh.

When you find a report that says "mr.X knew about it, had the power to stop it, but chose not to becuase he had an evil plan to enact", then come back and talk your conspiracies.

but "mr.X had the info beforehand, the attack could have been stopped!" just dont cut it.

keep dreamin up the fantasies though

[edit on 22-12-2006 by bob2000]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Did you even watch the video? It was the FBI who GAVE the material to the bomber/s. Explain that, the contact even said they (FBI) could have swapped the explosive for a non lethal version, and the FBI did not. They (FBI) gave him the real deal, WTF over...

How is that a communication error?

No one is "dreaming" this stuff up, it is what the news agencies reported.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
FBI in conjuction with MDIA was aware of these attackes, an agent form the FBI was unable to capture the bomber due to suficant evidence becuase you still need a warrant signed by a supreme court judge the judge at the time needed more evidence to sign the warrant therfore enabling the MDIA FBI to take the bomber into custody. But the FBI did not try to exchange the explosives with a less destructive explosive material.

Special Agent
MDIA AU/US

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You have to love this:

FBI give explosives to bomber,

Bomb goes off, FBI says they know nothing,

WTH? Wow that is crazy!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
Why is this surprising? This "RARE" footage has been posted here on a few occasions....two weeks ago actually on another thread.

I mentioned it a couple years ago when I made a thread detailing the modus operandi. you didn't debunk it then either as i recall.

But you challenge that it is "RARE". Why?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So let's just all ignore this.

Yeah, what better way to be aware and informed, than to ignore government "incompetence" like this.

Pretty soon people in this country will be so dumbed-down and stupid, they'll be believing thugs trying to mug them on the street are just practicing "incompetence."

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What I find surprising is that people are surprised to find out that the FBI, CIA, DOJ and all the other alphabet soup agencies have been involved in every "false flag" operation since the inception of that agency. It's really not that hard to figure out that United States Incorporated ARE the terrorist of the world.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
What I find surprising is that people are surprised to find out that the FBI, CIA, DOJ and all the other alphabet soup agencies have been involved in every "false flag" operation since the inception of that agency. It's really not that hard to figure out that United States Incorporated ARE the terrorist of the world.

That's a plain silly statement. ALL war is TERRORISM. We didn't invent it, we simply innovated it.

No, everybody doing it doesn't make it right, but I'm telling you every except maybe Switzerland does it.

new topics

top topics

join