It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

post your best story about the 1st time you saw a ufo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Pretty straight forward,
Three discs in a triangular formation cross the sky from horizion to horizion
east to west in about 6 or 7 seconds. No sound, silver/grey, daylight siting, one other witness. Southeastern NM.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself
I was 12 years old and it was the summer of 1978. I was home alone and it was around 6PM, so there was plenty of daylight left. I'd finished mowing and was retrieving the basketball from the neighbor's back yard. That's when I saw a bunch of weird lights illuminating the property about five houses down at the bottom of a hill. But these lights were unlike any I had ever seen, almost 3-D looking and all working in tandem much like the legs of a spider...10-20 of them efficiently searching every inch of ground and working their way outward from the point of origin, which was blocked from my view.

I lived at the top of a hill and I needed to walk diagonally down the hill closer to the lights for an unobstructed line of sight. I was spooked on a primal level so I ran to the back of the the neighbor's yard and started easing down the hill. Then my eyes acquired a most unimaginable visual... all those swiveling search lights were eminating from the bottom of a massive round metallic object (was reflecting sunlight) hovering silently about fifty feet off the ground. It looked to be about five times bigger than my home with fixed white lights and small windows equally spaced all along the outer edge.

Almost immediately, as if sensing my movement or body heat, one of the beams of light affixed itself directly on me. I shielded my eyes with my hands and sensed a state of suspended animation, of sorts. The next thing I know, I'm back in my driveway standing beside some type of EBE... shoulder to shoulder.... unafraid ....and looking down. My attention was focused on a device that the EBE was holding (which seemed very similar to "ziggy" on 'Quantum Leap', as I would be reminded of years later when this TV show first aired). All communication was telepathic and I did not look at the EBE's face, nor did I have the urge to.

At one point I was instructed to interact with this device, which resulted in a weird but pronounced sense of accomplishment. At the same moment, the EBE just vanished into thin air, along with the UFO. About 90 minutes had gone by the best I could tell. The strange thing is that I didn't tell anyone about my encounter. It was the most spiritual experience of my life and I considered it very personal.

About 8 years later, my best friend and I had a UFO encounter while driving along a highway on New Years Eve. On the way down the road I told my friend about my experience in 1978, and was the first time I'd mentioned this to anyone. Later in the evening, about 3 1/2 hours of time was discovered to be missing along with our pissed off dates.

As strange as it all sounds, it's all true. Actually, I would be more descript if I could find the words.

[edit on 12/22/2006 by HaveSeen4Myself]

Wow! Once again I'm saying this as it's after I just read your second UFO experience in that other thread but wow! this one really is a doozy!
It sounds like you've got some kind a special connection to those EBE's and I'm certain that someday you will have another encounter with them. On the other hand, it could be that you are already in contact with them on a daily basis and if you are, it would not surprise me.
Thanks for sharing! What an interesting and very unsual encounter! Do you remember what that being said to you telepathically? And what did it look like?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The first time i saw a ufo was when i was only 11. I was on holiday, in Tenerife, with my family and another family. We had just been out to eat and were making our way back to the apartment when myself, mum and her friend saw a light up in the sky behind a hotel. It was darting about and changing direction in an instant.
Out of all the UFOs ive seen that is the only one that i really could say was not a planel, bird, blimp.
The movement of it was just amazing!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
First experience was a fleet of UFOs over the peak district in England. They were each about twice the size of a double decker bus (on their sides) and rhombus shaped, metalic with lights on. A sort of humming noise as they passed overhead. One followed the other in a snake like pattern. When the one went to the left the next was moving to the right, twelve or fourteen of them (we estimated as we were in no mood for counting) it was militarily precise. also when they went to the left/right as they moved forward it was in a pendalum way, moving on their sides in an angular way, if you follow. Really was fascinating. Either the US/UK have some military tech that is so advanced it makes the JSF positively prehistoric, or it was something really really weird.............

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I was saying this before in another thread, but when you see these things up there, they look as real as other standard aircraft you see up there flying around everyday.

So we are not talking about nebulous objects that appear apparition like, at not in these cases ... these crafts that are up there performing these 'out of this world' manuevers and so on... look as concrete and solid ... and REAL as the computer that's right in front of you!

For this reason, it's no wonder why there are so many ufologists in this field who are convinced that these "UFO's that we are seeing up there are in fact man-made. And because these crafts are so far advance in every sense of the word, no wonder there are speculations that our governments are in cahoots with intelligences that are also far more advanced than we are and are involved in a collaborative effort in the production of such vehicles.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah they did seem almost man made or made by an intelligent life form from materials one would find on a planet like earth. There are also ufo's of the ball/orb type that differ so much from this type, that seem sort of almost some kind of life form. The type that pulsate, change colour and sometimes shape. almost half manufactured and half life form, jeez there's so much variety of life up there!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i was out in my garden with my telescope watching saturn when i looked up and saw this orange light going through the sky at a fairly low altitude i tried to focus it in my spotting scope but couldnt see it so i looked up again and it was gone. This is my first and only ufo expirence im not saying it was an alien craft but it was sure not a plane or helicopter i know that because it was making no noise.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by English Speaking Alliance
Yeah they did seem almost man made or made by an intelligent life form from materials one would find on a planet like earth. There are also ufo's of the ball/orb type that differ so much from this type, that seem sort of almost some kind of life form. The type that pulsate, change colour and sometimes shape. almost half manufactured and half life form, jeez there's so much variety of life up there!

Last august, I was laying out in the sun on my balcony where I looked up in the sky and I saw this large round orb peaking out between some clouds in the clear sky area of the sky... it was basically a very clear day out with only a few clouds up there.
But this orb looked semi-transparent and opalescent .. it was really quite beautiful but I only saw it up there for a few short minutes before it disappeared.
I've seen such UFO's in some photo's and movies on line and they really do seem more like life-forms than those other kinds that are metallic and shaped triangles or discs...
The large triangle (actually 2 but the other one was off in the distance) that I saw along with 3 others who were with me a year ago looked man- made.... not like a life form or anything like that but having seen that orb last august, I'm becoming more aware of the various kinds of UFO's up there.
I also took a short movie last summer of a rosary bead type UFO that was zipping about -- but didn't see it until I viewed the movie on playback.
At any rate, living right on the lake has been interesting and there's quite a bit of activity in my area. (lake Erie on the northeast coast).

Below are some images including a gif sequence of one section of that short movie I recorded last summer where I had my camera directed over the lake off my balcony. It's been identified as a rosary bead type UFO by a local UFO club in my area.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
hi there, do you think the rosary bead type is the same as what I would call a 'string like' group of orbs in formation? I know where you're coming from when you talk about manufactured ufo's and life forms up there! The connection? Is there any? I haven't got a clue any more. When you begin to understand the fact that there is so much diverse life here in our skies, you realise like me that you are more perplexed than ever?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Lol, I hear ya!
There's a whole lot up there and it's really challenging to try to figure it all out but heck, it's fun reading up on what everybody is saying about them and what those UFO's could possibly be and if this were a multiple choice question, the answer would be: D) UFO's are 'ALL OF THE ABOVE'.... I think that's a good place to start.

Also, yes... another name would be string formations... they are called that too.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
lol it can be very confusing..........it's not just saucers eh? Above all it's an honour to have experienced such variety

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
when I was about 11 years old, I was sitting at my computer at the time (an 8086 with no ram and a 10 mb HD!) and I saw a circular brown object out the window behind my monitor. I would have thought nothing of it, but I saw the exact same object again the next day (outside of the window behind my computer monitor) recently I realized it was shaped very much like the objects in the nasa tapes when the space tether broke (circular with a dark spot in the middle.)

it lead me to speculate that if these objects appear to be circular from multiple vantage points, they must be spherical (if they are indeed the same objects.) anyways, the objects I saw disappeared after about 10 seconds instantaneously- it didn't appear that they traveled in any direction, just disappeared. that was the only time I thought that I had seen a ufo. peculiar.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Last august, I was laying out in the sun on my balcony where I looked up in the sky and I saw this large round orb peaking out between some clouds in the clear sky area of the sky... it was basically a very clear day out with only a few clouds up there.
But this orb looked semi-transparent and opalescent .. it was really quite beautiful but I only saw it up there for a few short minutes before it disappeared.

sounds similar to what I saw, neat!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hmmmm. The only thing I ever saw was impossible. It was '98 or '99 and my roomate/buddy Phil was awoken early for some reason and went out to the porch to hang out. As the sun was coming up, he noticed a glint in the sky, but, couldn't see what made it. He grabbed the binoculars out of the entertainment center drawer and started looking skyward. This was, I guess, around 5:30 am on a Sunday morning. At 9:00 am, I got woken up by Phil hollering my name. I groggily went out to the porch and asked "What?. He shoved the Binocs into my hands and pointed up. He said "Look for the birds." I did, and found them, a flock of what looked like white birds flying around one specific place wwwaaayyy up there. With the binoculars, they were tiny, but, there must of been 50 of 'em. I tell him I found the birds and hee says "Look just left of them and adjust the magnification" I did, and there it was....a white, kinda square, box-like craft with a red stripe. It wasn't moving at all, just sitting there. We watched it for about 5 minutes and then we couldn't find it again.

As a courtesy, I've whipped up a quick MS Paint pic to show what I saw.

I thought at the time that it looked like a shuttlecraft from Star Trek TNG, but, it had no windows.

Odd that. Eh?

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow! Cuhail, that is odd! The shape of it so unusual but just goes to prove that they come in all different shapes and sizes not to mention that some of them look apparition-like and others look as solid as could be.

At any rate, it's clear that so many of us are on this board because we don't have to be convinced that there's something up there that's so out of our frame of reference that we know that there's something going on here that's worth the time and effort to analyze and evaluate.

You don't see stuff up there that's like those objects we've been describing in this thread and just walk away from it and forget it. And the reason why is because once we see these things and once it dawns on us that what we actually saw could be from somewhere out of this world, slowly but surely we come to realize with certainty that we are not alone! Lol.... ok, sorry for saying that but I just couldn't resist!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OTE TruthSpeaker
I have actually seen about five of them, & I don't mean just dots in the night sky either. The most memorable one was when our family was returning home on Christmas night. As we rounded a small hill, we all saw this saucer shaped flying disc. It had one huge white light in the middle, & two smaller red lights on either side.

It was only about 20 stories high, & made no sound whatsoever. We pulled off the road to watch it, & it floated directly over our car. It then proceeded to float about 100 yards out into a pasture, & came to a complete stop in mid air.

It then rotated around until it's enourmous light was shining directly at us, slowly it descended, & landed in the pasture, & turned of every light...it was completely dark as I recall. WE got out of the car and were actually going to go knock on the saucers door so to speak, when sudenly a freakishly high wind blew, which further scared us, so we jumped back in our car & sped away.

My other sightings were also awesome, but I'll save those for another day.

Wow! I would love for you to describe some of your other experiences in this thread! At any rate, it's amazing that you actually got so close to this UFO that you are describing in this incident. It's my guess that you all approach that craft pretty much on a dare as I can't see that anyone would be doing that if they were alone at the time of this sighting.
Am I right about that?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I was 8 years old. My friend Jeremiah and I were playing soccer in my front yard. I looked at the sky and I remember saying. "wow someone kicked that football pretty high. Jeremiah laughed and agreed. It looked like a black football tumbling down towards us. It then stopped tumbling in midair and hovered. It was about 200 feet above us. within a few seconds it took off extremely fast.
We ran inside my house and told my mom. She naturally didnt believe us.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshtattoos
I was 8 years old. My friend Jeremiah and I were playing soccer in my front yard. I looked at the sky and I remember saying. "wow someone kicked that football pretty high. Jeremiah laughed and agreed. It looked like a black football tumbling down towards us. It then stopped tumbling in midair and hovered. It was about 200 feet above us. within a few seconds it took off extremely fast.
We ran inside my house and told my mom. She naturally didnt believe us.

What a cute story Josh but only in the way you are describing it -- I'm sure it must have been a whopper of a surprise to then see that that same object that you thought was a football, stop in mid-air like that and then hover in one place for what I'm guessing must have seemed an eternity for you while watching it till it sped off like that at an unprecedented speed. Too bad your mom didn't believe you but I'm sure a lot of us here who have also seen such unexplainable objects up there can relate to your experience.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well I can't really post my best one because, I only had one. It is a UFO as in something in the sky that I didn't know what it was. I was about 8 or 9. I was walking across my parents big farm, from one side to the other. The sun was setting and I was walking with my brother. My dad had parked our new combine in the middle of the farm. I wanted to see inside the cab so, I climbed up the ladder and went to open the door. On the door is a mirror for traffic. As I reached out to open the door, something flew past in the mirror. (note: I did not open or move the door in anyway yet.) Th object that flew past was a bright red. As it flew down towards the horizan it dissapeared with a flash. It was only a split second but, I turned my head around to see if I could see it but, it was already gone. I asked my brother if he saw it; he said no. The next day I listened to the radio and read the news to see if there was any mention about it. I couldn't find anything. I dont know if it was a meter, comet, or alien space craft. But, a few weeks later, on the radio it asked if any one in the region had seen a flash of light, and to report it. I didn't catch the whole broad cast so, I didn't know if it was talking about before or resent. This radio broad cast might have been about what I saw but, I am not sure.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by halfmask]

[edit on 10-1-2007 by halfmask]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow! It's amazing you people are even remembering things from 8 or 9 years of age but it just goes to show that when we witness something really extraordinary, for the most part, those memories stick with us -- seeing what you saw sure ranks up there in the bizarre dept. And it sounds like you must have been thrilled to find out several days later that perhaps others in your area saw that strange light too!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join