It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Which Three Questions Would you Ask God?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I would ask:

1) How did you create the Universe? (in a great mood)
2) Why is there so much pain and suffering in the world? (in a bad mood)
3) Will pain and suffering ever end? (in a terrible mood)

Feel free to list one, two, or more than three questions.




posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Can we ask God questions? Or are we banned as permanent inferiors? It is my experience that is OK to ask questions periodically but not frequently. What is your experience?



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I guess I would ask him: Who are you? What are you like? And how do I know it is you/can I trust you? The bible warns about deception and all that so yeah... I think I would ask these simple questions, because the entire thing would be quite overwhelming, and I would not have much to say.

I wonder how cool it would be to meet him with a clean slate. No books telling you what will happen, no worryings about a false saviour, nothing like that. Just go up and meet whatever there is, without prejudice and in complete ignorance of what an afterlife is, simply discovering something you've never experienced before.

That said, I guess if I truly had my wits about me, I would ask him to remove my prejudices and my existing perceptual set, so I can meet him for what he is instead of what some book and evangelist people have hammered into my mind.



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I would ask:

1) How did you create the Universe? (in a great mood)
2) Why is there so much pain and suffering in the world? (in a bad mood)
3) Will pain and suffering ever end? (in a terrible mood)

Feel free to list one, two, or more than three questions.


Thats like asking if the number 5 if married.. its not a question you can ask.... its non-sense...

Where is GOD to ask these questions? ... have you met him or her, .. or is GOD both a him and her? ..

Once again you've gone and allocated god..

have you also compartmentalized him in Jesus, Buddha, or Krishna or what have you.. ???

Please with all due respect tell the number 5 I said Hi to his wife and Kids and wish them all well... little 3 and little 6 I hope they grow up to be nice people.



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I probe the attributes of God out of great love for Him. Probing the attributes of a Being, place, or thing requires some degree of dividing into categories, or compartmentalization. One could even say that without compartmentalization, there would only be one word or no words. How do you define compartmentalization?

I believe God is Infinite in all the best attributes that can be ascribed to a Being.

Are you saying that we should say God is Infinite and forget about Him? I hope you don't feel this way.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You really need to get past thinking of HIM as a HIM.... thats so stupid its not even funny...
its seriously like asking if the number 5 enjoys being married... it makes absolutely no sense.. yet you've made it make total sense to you, like you are so drunk you so irrational I can't even fathom how wrong humanity went.

How do I define compartmentalization? didn't you look it up on dictionary.com if you didn't understand it? ..
It means putting GOD/Christ in Jesus, or You or Me.. and not in EVERYTHING!
and allocating GOD is putting him in an undetermined or even a determined place.. I appreciate your contributions GreatTech, but you have only been half listening thus far... You are a true warrior to push on, but you must push past this silly ideal of yours of GOD... let him be what he really IS...

Because you have married GOD with a horrible BITCH.

And I'll decapitate her if need be.

So I would like you to understand compassion and love a bit deeper,... when you can understand how, perhaps there is even love in the worst things on earth, you will understand GOD on a much deeper level... there is no 'SATAN'.... there is only vibrations. Lower and Higher ones.. its a ladder, like jacobs ladder? .. although your body is the true ladder to heaven.
Allegory, all allegory.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
ok, this is postulating that god exists

1) why did you give me a reasoning mind if you weren't going to let me discover your existence with it?

2) if you're all-powerful, why did you allow diseases such as ebola to evolve?

3) who created you?



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
You really need to get past thinking of HIM as a HIM.... thats so stupid its not even funny...
its seriously like asking if the number 5 enjoys being married... it makes absolutely no sense.. yet you've made it make total sense to you, like you are so drunk you so irrational I can't even fathom how wrong humanity went.

How do I define compartmentalization? didn't you look it up on dictionary.com if you didn't understand it? ..
It means putting GOD/Christ in Jesus, or You or Me.. and not in EVERYTHING!
and allocating GOD is putting him in an undetermined or even a determined place.. I appreciate your contributions GreatTech, but you have only been half listening thus far... You are a true warrior to push on, but you must push past this silly ideal of yours of GOD... let him be what he really IS...

Because you have married GOD with a horrible BITCH.

And I'll decapitate her if need be.

So I would like you to understand compassion and love a bit deeper,... when you can understand how, perhaps there is even love in the worst things on earth, you will understand GOD on a much deeper level... there is no 'SATAN'.... there is only vibrations. Lower and Higher ones.. its a ladder, like jacobs ladder? .. although your body is the true ladder to heaven.
Allegory, all allegory.


Are you saying that there should be only one word: "God"? Are you saying that you are God or one of God's creation? God created the beauty of words in the millions to understand Him and His Creation better. Please help me find a better way of understanding Him and His Creation better without using words, numbers, symbols, and drawings.



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would like to add, that Christ himself said, "I am not a divider."

So compartmentalizing goes against his wishes, and his 'methods'... as well as allocating.


GOD, is the LIVING WORD............ The WORD made MANIFEST.......

The LIVING WATER..... Even that is allocating and compartmentalizing, but it is far more accurate.... it would be like saying half of 5 is 2.5 ... instead of asking how the number 5's wife is doing.

GOD is only one word.... that one word is MATERIAL (Maitreya)sp?
His WORD made MANIFEST is the material plane...
once again allegory, all allegory..

[edit on 12/22/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I would like to add, that Christ himself said, "I am not a divider."

So compartmentalizing goes against his wishes, and his 'methods'... as well as allocating.

[edit on 12/22/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]


Christ said, "I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household." Matthew 10:35-36

This seems to be a cause division. Only with division, can unity in a future sense be obtained.



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My friend... you cannot join grade 10 without going thru the other grades first..

You obviously don't understand that parable.. because you haven't understood his earlier words..... If you didn't notice that is a contradiction... a purposeful contradiction.... he is saying each will be made unto themselves.
each will be of their own making, .. no longer will we agree partially with mother and when father comes agree more with him... we will agree fully with ourselves as well as allowing everyone to agree fully with themselves.

You make Christ out to be a divider, yet he is the one who set each one of us into ourselves. NO LONGER divided inside. but united. So yes, he in a sense divided .. but in a greater sense he united.. each and everyone of us with ourselves.... welcome home. within.



61. Jesus said, "Two will recline on a couch; one will die, one will live."

Salome said, "Who are you mister? You have climbed onto my couch and eaten from my table as if you are from someone."

Jesus said to her, "I am the one who comes from what is whole. I was granted from the things of my Father."

"I am your disciple."

"For this reason I say, if one is whole, one will be filled with light, but if one is divided, one will be filled with darkness."



72. A [person said] to him, "Tell my brothers to divide my father's possessions with me."

He said to the person, "Mister, who made me a divider?"

He turned to his disciples and said to them, "I'm not a divider, am I?"



[edit on 12/22/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]:w:

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
I guess I would ask him: Who are you? What are you like? And how do I know it is you/can I trust you? The bible warns about deception and all that so yeah... I think I would ask these simple questions, because the entire thing would be quite overwhelming, and I would not have much to say.

I wonder how cool it would be to meet him with a clean slate. No books telling you what will happen, no worryings about a false saviour, nothing like that. Just go up and meet whatever there is, without prejudice and in complete ignorance of what an afterlife is, simply discovering something you've never experienced before.

That said, I guess if I truly had my wits about me, I would ask him to remove my prejudices and my existing perceptual set, so I can meet him for what he is instead of what some book and evangelist people have hammered into my mind.



It will be easy to identify him by the following.


1) He will be able know the hearts of men. Meaning that once he is your presence he can immediately tell what type of person you are.

2) He would DIE for his friends.

3) He will always talk about religion as pragmatic in nature, devoid of sectarian distinction. "...He that is not against us is for us.

4) He won't be prudish but a contemporary man completely malleable and at home in the presence of great wealth or great poverty. "...A King may choose his clothes as he wills."

5) People will naturally gravitate towards him as they begin to feel his power which is the source of love. "...And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Just my humble perception. Kindest Regards



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

61. Jesus said, "Two will recline on a couch; one will die, one will live."

Salome said, "Who are you mister? You have climbed onto my couch and eaten from my table as if you are from someone."

Jesus said to her, "I am the one who comes from what is whole. I was granted from the things of my Father."

"I am your disciple."

"For this reason I say, if one is whole, one will be filled with light, but if one is divided, one will be filled with darkness."



72. A [person said] to him, "Tell my brothers to divide my father's possessions with me."

He said to the person, "Mister, who made me a divider?"

He turned to his disciples and said to them, "I'm not a divider, am I?"



Are your quotes from the Bible? If so, please tell me the books, chapters, and verses. If not from the Bible, which book?

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I really don't wish to have an argument over the legitimacy of scriptures...

Its from the Gospel of St. Thomas.

But if you want to see Christ as a divider that is your lot.
and if I choose to see Christ as a uniter, that is my lot.

We can really stop whining back and forth, because I've made this quite evident in my other posts. I am thinking we are running in circles now... the last problem has confronted us... the conflict of truth.

I am not at any impasse, on the contrary I've read what your citing and have understood it on many levels.. also the level you are coming from, so that is why I see it as running in circles..
It isn't a matter of my truth against your truth. Its the same frickin' thing.. one works.. one doesn't .. thats all.



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
my question would be why the f@#$ people are getting slaughtered for no reason and it dosent matter becuase i dont believe in god



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
But if you want to see Christ as a divider that is your lot.
and if I choose to see Christ as a uniter, that is my lot.


I believe in unity. But I also believe that we need division sometimes to see where we stand. When we see where we stand, we can make necessary improvements.



posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspiracyisherenow
my question would be why the f@#$ people are getting slaughtered for no reason and it dosent matter becuase i dont believe in god


Good start... you don't have too..

Just believe in helping others because they are in need... not because you are better than them.. but because they need it and you can help....

There is no "GOD" ..... no ones up there counting ticks against you on his laptop..... (but there might be someone down here counting ticks against you on their super-computers.) ..



posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

Originally posted by theconspiracyisherenow
my question would be why the f@#$ people are getting slaughtered for no reason and it dosent matter becuase i dont believe in god


Good start... you don't have too..

Just believe in helping others because they are in need... not because you are better than them.. but because they need it and you can help....

There is no "GOD" ..... no ones up there counting ticks against you on his laptop..... (but there might be someone down here counting ticks against you on their super-computers.) ..


I think he may be close as well. It is my understanding that the mass majority of people in the world are unable to realize their worth in creation.

This inability to perceive our own inherent worth and value is owing to an evolutionary phenomenon that some have not yet awoken to. Love, unconditional, is the solution. I, personally, have come to believe that the understanding I have most certainly is NOT common knowledge-even to those who claim to know. Their are understandings upon understandings upon understandings that seem to come in and go out of focus in terms of what we believe and perceive as truth. I believe their is a God. A God that is beautiful, powerful and necessarily beyond, save a precious few, understanding. This God says who cares about supercomputers. This God says who cares about fear in the mundane things of this world. This God only wants to be KNOWN. He wants ALL creatures great and small to become consciously aware of the LIGHT whcih he shines down upon them. And this God knows HOW to make this happen.

I feel as though the REAL point here is being missed. God is not here to be judged but TOO judge. This God, I speak of, came from imperfection and has slowly risen to a state preceding its antithesis. He has made MAJOR changes and knows within that this is the true path. Now he would like to see his beloved brethren follow suit. This doesn't necessarily mean a change in our religious affiliations but it means a change in how we act towards the common man. We need to emulate that most perfect master, Christ. Their is a massive change in the air and our thinking must help facilitate this end. I certainly realize this is difficult for some, but we must sincerely try to evoke our love for the truth and follow it. This truth is LOVE. Not preferential class love but brotherly love for all of humanity. A Love that says it is time to take personal responsibility for the state of the world. A love that says it is time to STAND UP and be counted.

This talk of division is only that, talk. If you do not agree with the philosophy of love as described then you have little place in the Divine hierarchy that is to come. This decision is not mine to make...but yours. Let NO man, institution, protocol, philosophy, religion, TAKE THY CROWN.Love and love alone will be the law. The will of the Father must guide us. In life or death this message will remain true and unchanged. And if adhered to will end ALL suffering.

In my very humble opinion, of course.



posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i dint ask for anyone to preach to me.



posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
God, can you microwave a borrito so hot that even you couldn't eat it?

then,

How?

Then,

No way, seriously?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join