It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it okay to hate church?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I do believe that Jesus is my savior but if theres one thing I hate, it's a Catholic church. I just plain hate sitting in there for an hour listening to the same exact things everytime. Once I moved out of my parent's house, I quit going to church. I reject the devil and do not worship him, but is it still ok to hate church? Maybe it's my beliefs, my beliefs that going to church is not manditory for the path to heaven. And I also do not believe in rituals, which happen every mass. I have learned the opposite, which was missing a single sunday of church is the absolutely worst sin you can possibly do. I don't feel anger when I'm in one, I feel bordom and an urge to get out.

Edn

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm not Christian but may I give you an idea. Does the bible say that you must go to a church built and run by the Christian church? If memory serves me I've read stories in the bible where the character has made his own shrine and worshiped.

Why don't you create your own shine be it in its own room, a corner of your bedroom, living room or even your garden shed and worship your God in your own way every Sunday.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well I live in a apartment, so I don't have a backyard but I can probably set up a shrine in my room.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think it's important to worship with other like minded people in order to grow in faith.

I know Catholic Mass can be repetitive, I grew up in a Catholic parochial school taught by Priests and Nuns so I know. School Mass had very little preaching from the Bible. 5 years ago I started going to this huge baptist church in my community and found it to be much more rewarding because it was all about teachings from the bible.

Not sure if you would feel comfortable going to a regular Christian church but it is an option.

[edit on 12/21/2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think a Lutheran church would be better to go in. Most of this Catholic stuff I learned, I don't agree with. For example, I learned that depression is a mortal sin, now this was written by a priest. Don't think I get depressed, I know this one person who is sometimes and I think it would be unfair to charge that person of mortal sin. I also do not like the idea of a pope, too much power to make decisions that I believe only God or Jesus can make. '

I would much rather worship on my own in private. I don't think there's anything wrong with that because it's still worship. But sometimes I don't agree with worship either.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I came to some of the same conclusions wildcat. I left the Catholic church because I felt they were concentrating on Mary too much, praying to saints when we should be praying only to God, calling a priest father when Jesus/God is my father and a few other issues.

I made the switch but don't consider myself associated with any particular denomination. If the church is Bible based I'm cool with it.

[edit on 12/21/2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The New Testament, actually St. Paul, says somewhere "Forsake not the assembling of yourselves", indicating that when one is able to be with other believers (such as in church) he or she should do so.

On the other hand, someone in history disliked Catholic Church services, too. His name was Martin Luther and he spawned the entire Protestant movement which focuses more on personal development than on rituals. Perhaps you should take a look at it.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, hate is an awfully strong word. While I don't think it is a necessity to go to church,I choose not to, I wouldn't neglect anyone of the choice to go. I don't hate anything. There are things that I may dislike or not view as being necessary, but I don't hate anything or anyone.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I certainly don't hate anyone, and I don't get mad at people even when they are fighting with me and calling me names. So the only thing I really get mad at or to be more exact frustrated, is when some piece of equipment that says it's supposed to be high quality and good fails on me.

top topics

join