It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counter Insurgency Field Manual 3-24 [This is for you survivalists]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is a reading project, 282 page, PDF document that is dated 15DEC2006, so it is the most current guide available. Other than the Lessons Learned.mil sites, I can't imagine a more accurate publication on the fighting of today. Probably already outdated, but hey.

Many good facts and sources of information can be found within the linked doc below, hope you all find it of use, if at the least to answer questions.

Again, for those of you who may have an issue with what I post, as stated in the past, nothing I've provided or will provide is classified, and all is openly available hense the gov note;
"APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE; DISTRIBUTION IS UNLIMITED"

Hopefully those who read this, won't need the book, and it will provide educational info only, instead of practical.

(new link added for doc, lower previous link dead but redirects to original source site that retains beneficial info links)
COIN FM

MCWP 3-33.5

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this. I'm currently searching for all the survival knowledge I can find. Thank you for posting.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Great find

Globalization, techno-logical advancement, urbanization, and extremists who conduct suicide attacks for their cause have cer-tainly influenced contemporary conflict; however, warfare in the 21st century retains many of the charac-teristics it has exhibited since ancient times. Warfare remains a violent clash of interests between organized groups characterized by the use of force. Achieving victory still depends on a group’s ability to mobilize support for its political interests (often religiously or ethnically based) and to generate enough violence to achieve political consequences.

Joint doctrine defines an insurgency as an or-ganized movement aimed at the overthrow of a constituted government through the use of subversion and armed conflict

So, considering "our" past, with perhaps the best example being Operation CONDOR, not only are we the world's premeir imperialists and international state-sponsered terrorists, the U.S. is also the worlds premeir "insurgents".

[edit on 27-3-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

join