It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revamping the U.S military. What does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
"We're aiming to achieve the most basic and comprehensive review of the nation's global defence posture since the United States became a world power,"
said the Under-Secretary of Defence for Policy, Douglas Feith, in a speech in Washington this week.

The article talks about a serious redeployment of U.S troops throughout the world. Could the Buh administration be gearing up to invade more counntries in the middle east? I think that a few people in, and above, the U.S government have a large plan for the future. You only have to read a site like www.newamericancentury.org..., a charity some of you may have heard of. Their mission statement worries me:

We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership.

American Global leadership? World domination? Is this a similar plan to Bush and his cronies? I just get worried. Nobody knew how much of a tyrant Hitler was for a long time becuase he had the media completely under control. What if the same is happenening again and we are missing the boat completely? What is Bush adn his army up too?

hmmm.. . ... . . . . . . .

[Edited on 043131p://666 by earthtone]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
the us does not have enough infantry even with reserves to take over or tak control of a country or even two of them for that matter. N.Korea on the other hand

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
maybe they are talking about revamping with alien technology

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
the us does not have enough infantry even with reserves to take over or tak control of a country or even two of them for that matter. N.Korea on the other hand

There are only 130,000 troops in Iraq... The US does have the man power to take over multiple countries, and we may see it.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick

There are only 130,000 troops in Iraq... The US does have the man power to take over multiple countries, and we may see it.

Your really something else..

They have only 130 000 there and thats causing many problems for them..

Yet you dont have the resources to send any more..

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Originally posted by Maverick

Your really something else..

They have only 130 000 there and thats causing many problems for them..

Yet you dont have the resources to send any more..

Can someone translate this to english please?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Who said they don't have the resources to send more?

There is no draft?

There are lots of reservists and soldiers at home?

They have only used a fraction of equipment and technology available to them in Iraq.

Most of the problem is actually caused by political opposition and nay sayers like you.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaverickCan someone translate this to english please?

I think what is being said here is that our great and mighty armed forces are being... fought to a stalemate. We aren't loosing alot of people, but the media attention is affecting the publics view. Who wants another Vietnam?

We have the man power, but without support, we can do nothing. This is why we haven't finished Irag, Afganistan, the Philipines... we are being strung out! Researves are still being called out, and for what end?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They have only 130k troops in Iraq because:

They cant spare not a single person more!!!
(Out of man power as it is..)

And that 130k is much too less to the task of OCCUPYING IRAQ.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This isn't the point. Gearing up for the future. Americans actions in the middle east are far from over....hopefully Bush will be kicked out and the next guy wont continue this crazy 'war on (for) terrorism.' It's obvious that the Buish administration has major plans for the middle east in the future. More trouble is on the way.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah and hopefully communism will just go away and die like it deserves too but I don't expect that anytime.

If the US has to impose a draft then maybe it should to show people that it means business.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Yeah and hopefully communism will just go away and die like it deserves too but I don't expect that anytime.

If the US has to impose a draft then maybe it should to show people that it means business.

Communism? I'm far more worried about fascism. I think that a US draft is a terrible idea that many will protests against. If the U.S were not involved in an illegal war then maybe I could be brought around to the idea of adraft. Just seems to me that they are gearing up for more illegal action in the future. The Bush administration will just frame somebody from a different country for a terrorist attack and invade where he lives.

new topics

top topics

join