It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I think we'll be better placed if we dont qualify for Europe to be honest. The Liverpool brand is big enough to attract any European footballer worth his salt who knows about Champions league tradition and who has followed football properly. Carl Henry is putting together a Premiere league winning team. Chelsea aren't going to spend as they've just wasted £50 million on a washed up Torres. Man Utd are in too much debt to spend really big and Arsenal are sticking to a wage structure. That leaves us (LIverpool) and Man City, and lets face it Man City dont have the pedigree to really do anything major in the English league.
So the only team who is going to spend big is us. We need at least five big names to strengthen our squad. I've heard Xabi Alonso wants to come back, Charlie Adam and Lennon are a cert and a young kid from Bristol City who is scoring goals for fun is also signed up for next season. The only problem we might have is Pepe Reina ups sticks and moves to United as some have hinted.
Next season let the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal fight for champions league success. We'll just run away with the league, strengthen again next summer and then win a treble....

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Happy birthday GOD!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
After seeing that performance tonight against a Man City full of internationals and world famous stars I'm more than confident that if we buy three top players in the summer we can win the league next year. Flanagan is a star in the making, and we have at least four young players from the academy ready to break into the first team squad.
"The futures bright, the futures red!"

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RufusDriftwood

I'm assuming you mean JOHN Henry?

There are also much better players out there than Adam, especially for the money that blackpool want for him, and the same goes for lennon.

Alonso does not fit into NESV strategy of buying young players and getting them on long contracts, and I'm not sure I'd want him back anyway.

On a different note, a recent report in Italy quoted Andres Villa Boas as having an agreement with us to come, but didn't say when.
IF it's true, he'd be a much better option than mourinho, and already knows the league having worked with him at chelsea - he also knows how to run a team that doesn't require silly money to build, and having gained his FIFA qualifications whilst still in his teens, and managed and coached at many different levels, he REALLY knows the game.
I think we should snap him up before someone else does...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Interesting stat - Lucas leads the league in successful tackles, with 139 after monday nights hammering of citeh

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Justice for the 96.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RufusDriftwood

Let me refer you to this thread

It's important to quite a few members that this is not forgotten, as we continue our fight for justice.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thanks mate. It's important to me that sooner or later someone is held accountible for what happened that day. I'll check out that thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
JFT 96 YNWA

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Rafa crying - he has given a LOT of money to the campaign..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Good man. I was just about to post that very video.
"Rafa, Rafael, Rafa, Rafael, Rafael Benitez.."
I cried along with him...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Steve Rotherham- "The king of the Kop becomes Sir Kenny Dalgliesh..."

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
#, lads, how good did we look tonight, eh?

5 2 and it sounded like a home game on the telly.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I hate to say I told you so, but I'm going to anyway

www.liverpoolfc.tv...

The players are also on the same page - Lucas will win player of the year at our annual awards.

Eat it up all those who jumped on the "he's crap" bandwagon

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What this John Henry fella is doing is good, but you need to remember that you can't expect instant success. I think Liverpool will be great again, but it will take another season or two before you are there.

Rebuild with hard working players, not "superstars".
edit on 26/5/2011 by Geordie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm a Liverpool supporter(last 32 years and counting). I wasn't even aware there was a sports forum(i'm fairly new to ATS). Love the idea of a liverpool thread. Great idea!
Come on Barca tonight!
Walk on.....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

edit on 28/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In memoria e amicizia.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Jordan Henderson is signing for Liverpool for 20million.

In his first interview he states the main reason for wanting to join was ''the chance to use clean running water and a chance to flee the thieving dirty mackem scum bags''

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh dear, here we go again. Henderson has told the presss that he's always been a Liverpool FC fan yet theres a picture doing the rounds that shows him aged eight wearing a Man Utd kit! I hope we dont get Adam. We simply dont need any more midfielders. A centre back, winger and someone up front to make Carroll and Suerez fight for their places.
If we can get off to a good start then I think we'll win the league. If we do the usual and lose a couple of games that we should have won, before christmas, then we'll make top four which Isn't good enough considering the amount of money the owners have spent.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join