It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Fantastic performance.

Both attack and defence were brilliant and we could have clearly had more.
Torres was awful and got a smack in the face and got subbed.... and we've done the double over Chelsea!!

What more could we have asked for before the game?

4 wins in a row, 5 games unbeaten.

Let's keep it going man....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Title is gone now for chelsea - even if they win every game it still only gives them 83 points.

Not enough...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Hopefully they don't win anything and we end up sorting ourselves out, strengthening the squad in the summer and pushing on for silverware next season..... and Torres and Chelsea go the other way.

We'll see I guess.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

To be honest, I couldn't care less what happens to torres now - whether he wins or loses, wins trophies or doesn't is of no concern to me.

He's gone, and that's that - same as many other players have come and gone. The difference is he could have been a legend, but now never will.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well that's the thing, I sound like I'm actually bothered but really I'm not.
I think he'll honestly regret it.

I think we're on the verge of something at LFC, I think we're moving forward and he could have been a part of it and been a legend.

However, I wanted to sell him over a year ago.... I'm really not sad or annoyed he's gone.... I'm actually glad.... but I still think the manner in which he did it was bad.... bad for the club and the fans.

Anyway, We have Suarez now...... Fernando who???

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Abromovich is getting fed up with football and is now interested in modern art. He's just wasted £50 million on Torres who's best days are behind him, and will almost certainly think twice before spending more in the summer. We at Liverpool, on the otherhand, have two fantastic attackers, Europes best midfielder in Gerrard, one of Europes best central defenders in Carragher, and a host of young players coming through the academy. John Henry still hasn't really spent any money so who knows who he will bring in the summer? I've heard Xabi Alonso is coming back! I haven't felt this confident about my side for over decade but I now honestly believe that we will go on and win the league next season.
YNWA...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Would be great to see young Stirling get a few minutes tonight - his 5 goals against southend were pretty damn good.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'd like to see him come on for a while as well but I dont think he will. Hes only allowed to be there in the first place because its school half term! He's one for the future. I think we'll at the very least get a draw tonight. It wont be a classic because of the amount of our players which are missing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Liverpool destroyed Man Utd 3-1... Totally outplayed them. If they lose the championship now they will know they lost it at Anfield. bacon nose Ferguson couldn't bring himself to do an interview after which he is obliged to do so he and the dirty Mancs will undoubtedly end up getting fined by the FA...
Oh yes, I nearly forgot- Man Utd also have no money come the summer to strengthen their squad!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
What a game.... I watched it with the lads and one of them is a Man U fan..... fantastic performance.

Suarez ran them ragged, Kuyt was always in the right place, we wanted it more, won tackles, second balls and headers..... just completely dominated them.

We looked together and I really hope this can continue.

Suarez must be at about 80% fit now so he's nearly there.... when all of our players are firing... we're gonna be a team to reckon with.

Still need a couple of signings on the window but we should be sorted for next season.

The amount of times I've said "next season" as a Liverpool fan... :shk: :shk:

BUT

I think we have nearly all the pieces of the puzzle now.
edit on 7/3/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I told you he would not disappoint. I hope to see him return to Ajax one day, but it's good to see him progress and take Liverpool back where they belong. Even though Liverpool pretended Ajax was asking the jackpot, we should have asked GBP 30 million.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Being a football supporter, i thought i would bring you all crashing down to earth,
Liverpool football fans always seem to think they are the best team in the premier league, although evidence suggests that Liverpool are a team in decline.

Evidence does suggest that Liverpool will spend a second season out of the Champions League too, without Champions League football Liverpool will never be the great club it once was, the champions league is now where the top teams aspire. Anything else is second rate.

Yes to beat the likes of Manchester Utd and Chelsea are great days to celebrate, and they did outplay Utd on the day with great energy and determination, but I think the Liverpool support always exaggerate their feats in these latter years, and although a good result, it papers over massive cracks.
Its no good being excellent in one or two matches a season, Liverpool were well beaten by Blackpool Wolves and West Ham just recently, and these are teams with much less funding and stature than Liverpool.

Yes to beat Utd and Chelsea are great but Wolves also beat Utd and did it covincingly, yet Wolves fans arent claiming they are a great side?

Sometimes saying nothing is better, and showing humility gains respect and admiration, and I am afraid most Liverppol fans arent too good at that.

Great game to watch though and Liverpool were by far the better side, on the day !

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

Liverpool on the decline! Are you kidding me? I think after many years of being used and abused by our owners we now have the Prems best manager in King Kenny and owners who aren't afraid to put their money where there mouths are! We'll finish sixth or fifth this year and will strengthen the team further in the summer. Chelsea wont be spending as Abromovich is getting tired of football and is now starting a modern art gallery. I think the £50 million they spent on a tired and spent Torres was his swansong. Ferguson has no money to spend to strengthen Man Utd hence the reason they have used what little money they have to extend some of their younger players contracts. Arsenal wont spend big but have a class act in Wenger, and Man City will spend massively come the summer. Unfortunately Man City seem to make rudimentary mistakes which is why they are now out of the running. Liverpool is the only side who has the ability to buy big and the expertise to make sure they get the right players. I think we will win the Prem next season.
However, what you say is true. We can go toe to toe and win against the top four teams yet get ripped apart by teams which we should be easily beating! I can't explain it but you can bet that Dalglish will address the problem during the summer.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Liverpool on the decline! Are you kidding me? I think after many years of being used and abused by our owners we now have the Prems best manager in King Kenny and owners who aren't afraid to put their money where there mouths are! We'll finish sixth or fifth this year and will strengthen the team further in the summer. Chelsea wont be spending as Abromovich is getting tired of football and is now starting a modern art gallery. I think the £50 million they spent on a tired and spent Torres was his swansong. Ferguson has no money to spend to strengthen Man Utd hence the reason they have used what little money they have to extend some of their younger players contracts. Arsenal wont spend big but have a class act in Wenger, and Man City will spend massively come the summer. Unfortunately Man City seem to make rudimentary mistakes which is why they are now out of the running. Liverpool is the only side who has the ability to buy big and the expertise to make sure they get the right players. I think we will win the Prem next season.
However, what you say is true. We can go toe to toe and win against the top four teams yet get ripped apart by teams which we should be easily beating! I can't explain it but you can bet that Dalglish will address the problem during the summer.

You my friend have just proved my point, You claim to have the best manager in the prem to start? One word Fergison, he has the record of all time i believe !

Man Utd have no money, are you serious they have a higher turnover than any other team?

Liverpool is the only side who has the ability to buy big and the expertise to make sure they get the right players. I think we will win the Prem next season? EXACTLY MY POINT !!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, the Man Utd supporters on this site who run a thread dedicated to their team will give you a damn good argument. They are bemoaning the fact that they have no money and are struggling to just stop the debt getting higher. All their money is being spent on standing still if you know what I mean. Seems the Glaziers are doing to them what Hicks and Gillette were doing to us!
I understand totally what you say about us Liverpool supporters but its passion thats all. For the last ten years I've felt like my team was sliding down a slippery slope to mid table mediocrity but for the first time in a long time I now feel up beat and hopeful for the next season. I also agree with your feelings about Sir Alec Ferguson but I think his actions after the match on Sunday show that he's worried for the future.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Man U have debts closing in on 1 billion pounds, costing them nearly everything they make in profit, because they were paying interest at 16.5%
Don't let the rights issue fool you - the glazers are calling that a loan, and still taking money out of the club.

The only reason their finances haven't pulled them under was the sale of Ronaldo.

Liverpool got rid of their parasitic owners who had started asset stripping the team to pay off debt, they have one of the biggest support bases of any team in the world, are in the top 5 for turnover, and are about to either expand Anfield or build a new stadium, generating more revenue.
Add to that the new TV money coming in, PPV and Net Tv, and you will soon realise that we are in the top 6 clubs in the world.

Man U on the other hand are in serious decline - they have debt piling up to massive proportions, are shopping in the bargain basement, have a manager who slates the fans and defends the money grubbing owners, and get laughed at when a few people in green and gold "protest" at matches.

The team in the strongest long term financial position is Arsenal, and we'll be right there with them, especially when the new UEFA financial fair play rules really kick in.

So, as a "football fan" you might be wise to check out a few facts before speaking of decline.

You might also want to check out Paisleys record.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Man U have debts closing in on 1 billion pounds, costing them nearly everything they make in profit, because they were paying interest at 16.5%
Don't let the rights issue fool you - the glazers are calling that a loan, and still taking money out of the club.

The only reason their finances haven't pulled them under was the sale of Ronaldo.

Liverpool got rid of their parasitic owners who had started asset stripping the team to pay off debt, they have one of the biggest support bases of any team in the world, are in the top 5 for turnover, and are about to either expand Anfield or build a new stadium, generating more revenue.
Add to that the new TV money coming in, PPV and Net Tv, and you will soon realise that we are in the top 6 clubs in the world.

Man U on the other hand are in serious decline - they have debt piling up to massive proportions, are shopping in the bargain basement, have a manager who slates the fans and defends the money grubbing owners, and get laughed at when a few people in green and gold "protest" at matches.

The team in the strongest long term financial position is Arsenal, and we'll be right there with them, especially when the new UEFA financial fair play rules really kick in.

So, as a "football fan" you might be wise to check out a few facts before speaking of decline.

You might also want to check out Paisleys record.

Ok I thought I might get dragged down here, You told me to check my facts, I just checked some facts as you wanted and Liverpool are in fact 8th on the revenue list while Manchester Utd are 3rd so that fact was wrong?

en.wikipedia.org...

This is not about Manchester Utd, I was pointing things out regarding Liverpools support, I understand the hatred both teams have against each other but don’t be blinded by the love you have for you’re club. I admire passion but don’t misdirect it.
Manchester Utd in decline you claim yet they were trying for a three premierships in a row last year, and lost out by a point or two? And again are top and looking invincible this season infact unbeaten except for last few matches where they have had injuries to some main players, I am no Manchester Utd supporter but to claim they are in decline is way way off the mark.
You say check my facts, well I did, and it seems you are oblivious to them. And there again I prove my point.
Some humility would go a long way in getting football fans admiring Liverpool fans again, you don’t do yourselves any favours, yet don’t realise that you are doing it !!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Most supported teams in Europe by gate receipts, the only available evidence,

Borussia Dortmund, Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Celtic, AC Milan, Schalke 04, Inter Milan.

www.kgbanswers.co.uk...
I also came across a recent article that suggests that Liverpool dont fill theyre stadium every match and are infact considering staying at Anfield,
Strangely everything you claim is wrong? I do always try and deal in FACTS.

I wont be replying to any more nonsense I just popped by to state the problem with Liverpool fans, and their blind faith. It was the same when benitez was there it was obvious the team was in downfall yet the fans blindly stood by, never mind, my point is obviously not getting through.
Liverpool were once a GREAT club , and the fans were admired, unfortunately times change and people too.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Liverpool are in the top 10 worldwide, gate receipts are a VERY small part of a clubs income, as you should know - other revenue streams, including TV rights, Net rights and PPV rights, mechandising, foreign tours and other streams.

They are considering staying at Anfield in much the same way the new owners stayed at Fenway park - by expanding it.

Liverpool have over 70,000 people on the season ticket list.

Liverpool do not always sell out the away fans end.

During the reign of H&G many fans stayed away.

These are FACTS, instead of coming here to abuse fans for alleged "blind faith" you might want to acquaint yourself with them.

As Liverpool fans we are fully aware of the work that lies ahead - it's not blind faith, it's awareness that we have come through one of the darkest periods in our history, and that the 2 people who were raping our club financially have gone, and that WE the fans were instrumental in helping to get rid of them.

Unlike man u fans who blindly accept the financial rape of their club, and couldn't care less because they will switch allegiance to another club as soon as utd stop winning trophies, which won't be long now, because with the new UEFA financial fair play rules they will not be able to compete unless they can find a way to wipe out a billion pounds of debt - and in the current climate, that ain't gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Liverpool are in the top 10 worldwide, gate receipts are a VERY small part of a clubs income, as you should know - other revenue streams, including TV rights, Net rights and PPV rights, mechandising, foreign tours and other streams.

They are considering staying at Anfield in much the same way the new owners stayed at Fenway park - by expanding it.

Liverpool have over 70,000 people on the season ticket list.

Liverpool do not always sell out the away fans end.

During the reign of H&G many fans stayed away.

These are FACTS, instead of coming here to abuse fans for alleged "blind faith" you might want to acquaint yourself with them.

More stuff you claim are FACTS ? Can you post a link to these FACTS as all the other so called FACTS you provided were proved wrong and proved wrong with the links and evidence I gave you, Forget about Manchester Utd, I am talking about Liverpool?

Some Liverpool fans views on attendances,
forums.liverpoolfc.tv...

Top 10 now, earlier it was top 6?

If you provide some links to these FACTS you claim, and I could see youre evidence, can you post some links to back them up, then I will admit that I was wrong and that the Liverpool fans are not ignorant. Or are you just spouting rubbish like I claimed Liverpool fans do?

I will look forward to evidence of these FACTS?
edit on 8-3-2011 by blaenau2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2011 by blaenau2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join