It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Here's
an excellent interview with Tom Hicks - it's a far cry from the anti LFC media hysteria we see in the UK, although the telegraph has still tried to twist it.

The owners seem a tad bemused by the UK press

This afternoon, I think 2-1 to us at city.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Looks like Skrtel could be signed in time for the Boro game. He sounds great and looks similiar to Agger in stature. Be interesting to see how Rafa plays him. If he as good as is being made out then we have three quality centre-backs.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
According to this story DIC may be involved again, with the intent of buying out hicks and gillett.

Personally, I have no idea what hicks is on, and acording to some reports gillett is angry with him as well.

I don't this pair have any real concept of the game over here (or anywhere for that matter) and are busy trampling on the heritage and values of our beloved club.

I really hope this pair go, and DIC come in.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Not to sure I want DIC to come in, but at the same time I'm not to impressed with the American ownership either.

Maybe if Robbie Fowler sold all his houses he could buy the club... No hold on there in Manchester, probably worth less than he paid for them.

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks, more so if we lose to Villa on Monday. Any more crap results and Rafa could well be on his way!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
DIC has gotta be a better option than these yanks..since they bought the club rafa has been unsettled,though his tactics in some games cannot be explained or excused.i have a theory that rafa is still under the impression that draws/not losing for an extended period,will keep you near the top.in spanish/italian football they're a lot more conservative and this might work,but not in england.

to win the comp the side needs to have a swagger,to really believe that no other side can touch them..i don't see that mentality developing..but enough boss bashing,rafa rules while he's in charge and we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

we've had what,3 different stadium "unveilings",only to be told weeks later hang on it's not quite a done deal.we need to start building >now<

i think DIC would be more of a "whatever it takes" abramovich type owner..that's what we need in the ludicrous market his type of ownership has created.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
They don't care about Rafa
They don't care about fans
Liverpool football club
is in the wrong hands

Please go away. If the 30, 40 50 million $$$ is there for profit, take it and go forth and multiply back to the holes you came from you money grubbing little barstools.

Get out of my club you muppets!

[edit on 21-1-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

A good point well made..

For what it's worth a star!!

MonKey

Let's stick several up the Villa!!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
A good point well made..

Should be made well by the kop tonight.

Let's stick several up the Villa!!

I really hope so

But this stuff is gonna affect everyone at the club. There are rumours that David Moores has resigned from the board today, but I'm not sure how reliable it is. Also, Foster Gillett is meant to have cleared his desk and done one back to the states.

Pity about Moores if true, but we do need these two muppets out:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I've seen these rumours as well - if foster gillett wants to go then wtf, who cares, but it would be sad if moores left - he's a true red and has only ever wanted the best for the club.

Now if parry left, that would be OK with me - a weak, vacillating man who seeks only to protect his own position and does not have the best interests of the club at heart - this goes back for many years biut was particularly bad when DIC first came in - the deal was almost done when parry said "hang on, there's other interest".
What he meant was "I'm going to be more secure in my role if I bring the yanks in, so I'll do my best to upset DIC" and guess what - it worked.

After completing due diligence and with proposals being put on the table, Parry backed off and spoke to the yanks, upsetting DIC who thought the deal was pretty much done (who's representatives are royalty) who promptly said "sod you then, we're off"

My surprise is they have come back in.

Ah well - we should know by the end of feb

Rafa may not be perfect, but he's the best manager we've had since paisley - fagan and dalglish inherited a very good spine and only had to tinker a bit.

Rafa has had to start pretty much from scratch and is doing a damn good job.

Bring on the villa - 3-1

[edit on 21/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Pity about the result of the game tonight

We should have finished them off well before their goals.

Anyway, good protests from the crowd. The royal bank of scotland lost 7% in the crash today, and now the the Telegraph are reporting that the muppets new loans might be failing to come to fruition.

I really, really do hope that is the case. From what I've read, these guys are going to put us right up sh!t creek without a paddle:

Basically, we'll go from being a business that was sold for £234m to being a business with a loan of perhaps £350m. Yes, there is some added value in terms of increased revenue streams and a better squad, but remember that we've now given the banks the better part of £50m in interest payments and arrangement fees: that's gone for good and we've seen no benefits of it whatsoever.

What's been holding up the refinancing has been the reluctance of G&H to provide collateral as a guarantee to the bank that they won't scarper. Given that the loans are now greater than the value of the club (because we've given the banks a lot of money), it's not surprising that RBS want to be able to recover the difference from G&H if the club has to be sold.

This isn't like a mortgage, where you pay something back each month and you own the club outright after 25 years. It isn't even like an interest-only mortgage, where you pay off the interest each month and hope that the club can be sold at a profit after a few years. No, this is pretty much what Leeds did: they borrowed more money than they could afford to pay back and eventually they had to sell everything they had to stay solvent.

We are now, to put it simply, in a dreadful mess and it's increasingly difficult to fathom out exactly what Gillett & Hicks are doing. So far, their first 12 months in charge look like throwing away about £50m the club doesn't have and causing utter chaos off - and on - the pitch. Assuming the refinancing is completed, G&H will stand having not put a single cent of their own money into the club and we will be loaded with more debt than we're theoretically worth.

£50 million given to banks in one year to finance loans so that these muppets can own our club with no risk to themselves. Placing the club with massive debt that we might not be able to service.

Just one season without champs league football could push us over the edge.

This is before taking on another £300m loan to build the new stadium. It could be something like £60m on loans every year.

This could be suicidal for the club.

The club I love.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
When the club captain comes out and starts saying things are wrong then the S really has HTF.

I hope we don't have to write this whole season off. If the dip in form continues we will struggle to get back in the top 4. Everton (Somebody throw me to a lion) The Villa, Man C and Pompey are all pushing.

Something needs to happen and happen fast, scrapping a draw with Villa is a borderline insult! Far to much off the pitch trouble.

With all the money in Footy these days the whole game is seriously heading down the pan. The national game has been ruined by greedy fwitts. The national team is a joke.

It makes me very sad indeed.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hello fellow Red men!

Just thought I'd let you all know that this mod is red through to the core, always has been and always will be

You can catch me in the upper centenary on rare occaisions these days (so damned expensive!), but I used to live on the kop

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Ah.....
I knew here was something about you i liked nef.

Just took some time to find it

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I knew here was something about you i liked nef.

I'm a loveable huggable type of guy.

Or so the song said

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
According to reports out this morning, DIC have tabled a £400 million bid for LFC.

BBC reports that the current owners have only 24 hours to accept or reject the offer.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The BBC and Talksport both seem to have increasing Anti-Liverpool agendas.

The beeb have been digging and scratching around the "sale" issue for months now and every time Hicks says something to the contrary its hardly reported.

Personally I think a join Gillette/DIC ownership would be a good thing, as they both expressed a desire to buy the club on their own previously. Hicks was bought on board late in the game.

Either way round, I'm hoping for a late 3rd place push

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Originally posted by neformore

Either way round, I'm hoping for a late 3rd place push

Considering the inconsistent way Liverpool are playing and the way Everton are playing you will be lucky to finish fourth and thus qualify for The Champions League.

For Gerrard to speak out the other day about Liverpool's poor league finishing positions suggests there is definately conflict within the club.

Do you think they wil accept the bid?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Considering the inconsistent way Liverpool are playing and the way Everton are playing you will be lucky to finish fourth and thus qualify for The Champions League.

But....Liverpool usually finish strong and Everton tend to die off at the end of the season - win the game in hand and we're five points off Chelsea. Thats doable.

In fact, you can perm third and fourth out of Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Villa and maybe even Blackburn. Theres still two months to go

For Gerrard to speak out the other day about Liverpool's poor league finishing positions suggests there is definately conflict within the club.

No it doesn't - it suggests the club captain would like to see improvement

Do you think they wil accept the bid?

No idea at the moment. I do wish Liverpool were out of the headlines though. I dislike the intense media scrutiny. Its not the Liverpool way at all.

[edit on 4/0308/08 by neformore]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
More news here

I'd also urge fans of LFC to bookmark this site - it usually has very good reports of both rumour and fact.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I take your point about Lverpool finishing the season well. I suspect that they will finish fourth due to the strength of depth of their squad compared to the teams you mentioned.

However, I really do think that Gerrard is getting frustrated with Liverpool's lack of progress in challenging the other 3 of the Big 4.
Rafa's record against them isn't good at all and an honest assessment shows that they still have quite a bit of catching up to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join