It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Transfers for you Liverpool folks so far

In: Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid, undisclosed), Krisztian Nemeth, Andras Simon (both MTK Hungaria, undisclosed), Andriy Voronin (Bayer Leverkusen, free), Yossi Benayoun (West Ham United, undisclosed), Ryan Babel (Ajax, £11.5million)

Out: Danny Guthrie (Bolton Wanderers, season loan), Luis Garcia (Atletico Madrid, undisclosed), Boudewijn Zenden (Marseille, free), Djibril Cisse (Marseille, undisclosed), Craig Bellamy (West Ham United, £7.5million), Robbie Fowler (released)

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It's looking good!!

Appart from the fact that my new away shirt isn't here yet and the buggers have taken the money!! I only ordered it at the begining of June! I know there have been some postal issues in the UK recently, but I'm starting to get hissy!

My 3rd email has just been sent! Grrrrrrr

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I got my shirt shipped to the states it took about 2 weeks. I wonder how come it takes so much time to get one Hong Kong, customs maybe?

Anyway I had Owen put on the back of my shirt and then I was like crap he is gonna transfer out, but he seems to be staying for now.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah but they only print like 100 Newcastle shirts each year and hopefully they'll sell 60-80%.

No idea - why it's taking so long. I preordered it as well so I could get a free ball and boot bag and water bottle un stuff!

Bet I don't get all that stuff now

They've got a day and then e-mail number four will be drafted!!

[edit on 14/7/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
YNWA

We're looking good for a title.If not this season,next for sure.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yeah, Reina had to spend well to keep up with the big boys or risk losing their big name players just like Arsenal have lost Henry. He was getting fed up of playing second fiddle to the other teams in the Premiership - mainly Man UTD and Chelsea. Liverpool needed to spend big and show ambition. Ambition doesn't revolve around money and finances, but for fans who support their loyal teams, spending money shows that they are aiming to make an impact next season.

Voronin and Torres look nice upfront alongside 20 Million rated Crouch lol. Voronin has had a kick ass pre-season and looks very tasty indeed. A definite impact player with a nice touch and good vision. I'm Welsh, and I'm glad Bellamy left. Not a fan of the guy and he can never play at one of the bigger teams. He just hasn't got the consistency and natural ability. He's just a lad with decent pace, not much else. Reminds me of the opposite of Hesky.

Next season should be good. Man UTD will be the team to beat still (I'm not a UTD fan btw) just because of their very good wingers and midfield additions making them even stronger, but if Liverpools and Chelsea's players pick up and catch on fire early on in the season it will be good to see which team holds out till the end. For me anyway, recently in the league, Liverpool have been too inconsistent. If you can keep good solid results going for longer, especially around Christmas when they come thick and fast, you will be in with a decent chance. I hope for your sakes that Torres starts fast, and doesn't really pick up in the 3rd season like Drogba at Chelsea. You need a top 'out and out' goalscorer banging in goals from the start of this season.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
FINNAN AGREES NEW REDS DEAL

Steve Finnan has been rewarded for his consistent performances for Liverpool with a new three-year contract.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I shall be watching the game tomorrow in Hong Kong!

Just thought you might like to know!!

Might be able to get tickets for the Friday game as well.

Sitting here watching the Man U V's Shenzhen.

Ronaldo just placed a sweet free kick that rattled off the bar!!

[edit on 23/7/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
New stadium at last!
It's looking pretty good too - definitely unique!
Great summer signings too - looking forward to seeing torres, voronin, babel and co....

On a different note, does anybody know anything about sporting memorabilia?

I have a football signed by the whole England team from the last game played at wembley (lost 1-0 to germany) - I was working for Canon at the time and they were one of the match sponsors - we had a draw at work for it and I won! Keegan also resigned after the match.....
Problem is, it didn't come with any provenance - the players signed it as part of the marketing stuff they do before every match.
Tried it on ebay and got offered something like £100, but didn't take it.

I'd like to get some money for it, but I know it's worth a lot more.
u2u me if you have any idea's.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Aston Villa vs Liverpool

I pick Liverpool 0-2

Crouch 42'
Kuyt 63'

Good Luck this season!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
At least you got the right team winning there DSC!

Bit of luck, just edging it in the last few mins, but that's what it takes, gotta win win win!! Chelski and Moan U start today - Hope they both lose with bells on!

MonKey

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
pleh chelski and manure.

Gerrards freekick was class, I thought they was gonna end up tied there for a bit. I actually got to watch the Liverpool game. No Newcastle though.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
was an usetting day in Brum yesterday.. very upsetting.

the milk turned sour and children in the streets spontaneuosly burst into tears (one even had a siezure)

[edit on 12/8/07 by Creeping Jesus]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
was an usetting day in Brum yesterday.. very upsetting.

the milk turned sour and children in the streets spontaneuosly burst into tears (one even had a siezure)

[edit on 12/8/07 by Creeping Jesus]

Sour milk that's a start to a bad season. You know it's only going to get worse!!

Haha!

MonKey!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am pretty much ^%&$"££ off.

If the new american owners let Rafa go they are fools. They are going to ruin my club.

No need for this situation.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Red born and bred!!

But I think Rafa is putting his own neck on the block with this one.

There is no need for any of these management conversations to become common knowledge. I would love Rafa to be around for a long time to come, but I also feel he is slightly disrespecting the current squad, which in all fairness IS his squad.

IMO the squad we have now is good enough to win any match and any competition. I'm sure this is the reasult of not being in the top four at the moment, give it a few more weeks and we will be.

Handbags at dawn and nothing more!

eh errr I hope!!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Storm in a teacup IMO - OK it happened, but it's being blown out of proportion by the press who seem to have an extreme anti LFC bias at the moment.

That said, this
is what many fans think.

And this shows the depth of feeling of most fans - who seem to have taken some of the more sensationalist journalsim to heart.

Rick Parry also needs to get behind Rafa.

Tough one tomorrow night,Porto at home, but if we fire on all cylinders we will win.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think Rafa is working in the best interests of LFC.

He has been working behind the scenes to sort out cheap or free players. We do need back up. Masch needs signing up, he also had a couple of Bosman's. Some need shipping out, Riise, Carson, Sissoko, and Crouch could leave, bringing in cash for the Masch deal and the defender we need, and hopefully a top-class winger in the summer, maybe a young striker for Crouch.

Then, we'll have the ideal squad.

But these dudes have tied his hands. I'm not surprised Rafa bleated about this. Shanks would also have shown his irritation at such a move. And Parry is hopeless, leave it to him and we'll be losing players to other clubs.

We have a good squad now, but it can get better. If Rafa goes, we risk moving several steps back.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
woohoo,
another hatfull, and another bunch of gobby nobodys turned over.

Excellent result.

Only fly in the ointment is we'll get the usual press rubbish like
"RAFA SAVES HIS JOB"

"LIVERPOOL TURN OVER POOR FRENCHIES"

etc etc

really starting to get on my nerves all this blatant anti LFC bias.

grrrrr

but also grrrreat!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If we can turn over Moan U and The Chelski in the next week or so then I will be a very happy camper.

Really enjoyed putting the smack down on the French though!

Monkey

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join