It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by budski

Budski. . . People beware!

That's a threat, however veiled, and trying to get people to gang up is also aginst the rules, not to mention puerile.

Now why don't you run along and stop being a silly boy, and suggesting that the mod who pinged you is somehow corrupt and that you'd done nothing wrong.

Now I know you're a joke. I made no threat. just printed a warning about your little game. Didn't accuse a mod of being corrupt just your friend! A mod, by the way, who wasn't even monitoring this page. How did he know I wonder. . .

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And while we're at it, how do you know what I'm posting considering that a few posts ago you said you were putting me on "ignore"?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

reply to post by budski

Budski. . . People beware!

That's a threat, however veiled, and trying to get people to gang up is also aginst the rules, not to mention puerile.

Now why don't you run along and stop being a silly boy, and suggesting that the mod who pinged you is somehow corrupt and that you'd done nothing wrong.

Now I know you're a joke. I made no threat. just printed a warning about your little game. Didn't accuse a mod of being corrupt just your friend! A mod, by the way, who wasn't even monitoring this page. How did he know I wonder. . .

He or she knew because I hit the alert button after you started insulting me.

Clear enough?

YOU insulted me.

YOU are to blame for the warning because it was YOUR post.

As I keep telling you.

And printing a warning about "my little game" is indeed a threat, and is also against the rules.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thank you. There you have it. After saying he didn't run to anyone now he admits it.
Budski, pick up your credibility at the door on your way out. You, my sad little friend, are on IGNORE.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Hitting the alert for someone throwing insults around aint running anywhere.

I have the right to use the boards without being insulted.

There are RULES here or is that too difficult a concept for you?

I don't care a jot what you think as you've proven yourself incapable of rational conversation.

After your little tantrum, you're the one with zero credibility

tata

[edit on 11/8/2009 by budski]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Comedy gold! The pair of you should redact the last two or three pages while you still can. Stick me on ignore too, but these snipes don't make you look good. You'll sleep on it and regret it in the morning. Seriously...delete the posts

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Nope, I stand by it.

he's just a wannabe ITK who knows absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
cmon guys can u2 please chill out?? :bnghd:

both love liverpool but watching this thread is like derby day!!!

can u both just chill please?? we got better things to do like beat the manc's not argue..

cmon fellas if we was down the pub we would prob laff it off buy a pint and shout CMON YOU REDDDSSSS

ect

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Comedy gold! The pair of you should redact the last two or three pages while you still can. Stick me on ignore too, but these snipes don't make you look good. You'll sleep on it and regret it in the morning. Seriously...delete the posts

This WAS fun reading! But I guess it is too late for editing now, so this match will forever be a part of ATS history...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
New season starts on Sunday (for us anyway) and some things never change eh?

Let's hope we go one better than last season.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh dear. . .
Our preseason was terrible and now we've played abysmal and lost the first game of the season against Tottenham. Like I've said, the likes of Lucas and Babel are not good enough to wear the famous red shirt and that was shown today. We've entered the new season ill prepared as we haven't bought well. This is not Benitez' fault but the owners who have not provided him with the necessary funds to attempt to win the title.
This season is going to be hard, and painful for us reds. The idea that Benitez can get a full season out of Aquilani when he hasn't managed to last a full season for the last five years is ridiculous. Our lack of strength in depth will show as the season progresses. Getting back into the top four will be an achievement.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh please.

The doom and gloom brigade are out in force after 1 game?

No team has ever won the league whilst dropping fewer than 19 points.

37 games to go

Interestingly, many writers and observers have said that Lucas had a good game yesterday, and I have to agree, although the same can't be said for Babel.

Lucas - 37 passes - 36 completed as well as some ferocious tackling which was needed as masch didn't seem to turn up.
22 of those passes were forwards, whilst it is difficult to critisize his passing to the side or back when no-one up front was showing for the ball - Torres and Gerrard looked tired and like the lack of pre season prep didn't do them any favours.
Without an outlet the best midfielder in the world would struggle, and there simply wasn't any consistent outlet from the front players yesterday.

So what does he do? pass sideways or back and keep possession or hoof it long like Carra does for most of the match?

Face it, if spearing played half as well, everyone would be saying he was the new gerrard or some such nonsense.

In truth, Lucas is head and shoulders above any of the other young players at the club, and is only going to get better.

That said, it was only when benny came on that we started to look a threat, because Babel looks short of ideas and guile.

We'll make the top 4 comfortably and with just a little luck will be up there or thereabouts next may.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I see the famous scouse wit and sense of humour is alive and kicking.

Sorry, can't see Liverpool challenging for the title this year and with the players Man City have bought, the potential of Arsenal, Man Utd's obvious credentials and Ancelotti's very strong Chelsea I honestly think Liverpool will struggle to get into the top 4 this season.

Liverpool rely far too much on the 'spine' of Reina, Carragher, Gerrard and Torres.
Yes Liverpool have some other good players like Kuyt etc but they are inconsistent.
When any of that 'spine' is missing, Liverpool suffer.
Too much pressure has been put on them for the last few seasons.

A prediction:
This will be Gerrards last season playing for Liverpool.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Would that be the key players who were missing for a big proportion of last season?

Would that be the Man U who have sold the best player in the world and bought valencia?

Would that be the same chelsea squad which struggled to beat hull?

would that be the same Arsenal who have absolutely no defense?

No offense, but I think you're talking rubbish.

We'll comfortably finish in the top 4, and have as good a chance as anyone of winning it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Bud, for once I strongly disagree with you mate.

But that is the beauty of football, we all have different opinions and feel passionately that we, and we alone, are right.

Oh by the way, Reina and Carragher played all 38 Premiership games last season, Gerard 30 and we all know Torres was absent for a while and only played 20 times.
soccernet.espn.go.com...
I don't think that could be called missing large parts of the season.

It's a long season and we shall see.

Personally I suspect the southern scum Chelsea will win the league this year.
They finished last season very strongly, have a quality and confident squad and a top drawer manager.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh, and I forgot to mention Arsenal who scored 6 away against Everton, a team notoriously hard to beat, especially at home.
I agree their defence is their weak point and may stop them from actually winning anything, but they will be up there challenging.

Man City have obscenely bought so many quality players they will obviously be a good team.
If they gel together and Hughes get's the best out of them they will challenge to break into the top 4.
There is a danger that there maybe too many ego's in the Man City camp.
Again, we shall have to wait and see.
( I fear that if Man City do not break into the top 4 and fail to win anything this season then their owner will get bored and sell up leaving Man City in big danger of going bankrupt!)

As for Man Utd, they will always be dangerous.
Tevez going is not as much a loss as some would make out.
At times he just appeared to be all huff and puff and never actually achieved anything.
Berbatov needs to step up to the plate but there is no doubting his ability.
Valencia could be anything.
Owen will score a few goals with the quality service he will receive at Man Utd.
Obertan could be anything.
In addition, Man Utd have some quality youngsters in Tosic, Fabio, Rafael, Welbeck, Macheda, Gibson etc.
Man Utd will be hard to beat and anyone who finishes above them will probably be Champions.

Sorry, just don't think Liverpool will cut it this season, they will flatter to deceive at times as usual, but they will not be good enough and will struggle to to finish in the top 4.
However, I wouldn't rule them out of winning one of the cup's.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Man City have bought 2 more disruptive players in Adebayor and Toure, and they already had the sulky Robhino.
Add to that the way Tevez throws his toys out the pram when he can't get his own way and you have a recipe for disaster.

I'm pretty sure the Everton result was a one off - if you watched the game you'd have seen that their defense simply didn't turn up.
Maybe Lescott, another city target, is having a sulk?

Uniteds kids are no more talented that Liverpools, as you should know.
The ressies have won a LOT over the last few years with the kids we have.

Liverpool are probably a better side than last year once everyone is fit, and our first choice XI is as good if not better than anyones.
Chelsea are a very old side and will probably concentrate on the ECL as that is the last trophy for Abramovich.

At Utd, VDS is good, but getting on - I'd take Reina anyday.
Ferdinand is now suffering a lot of injuries, and Vidic isn't the same player without Rio around, plus he's terrified of pace.
I'd take Johnson over any of UTDs right backs.
Evra is better on the left than we have, for the moment.
In midfield we have Masch, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Benayoun, Riera.
Compared to Fletcher (please) Carrick, Park, Nani, Anderson.
The weak links are Nani and Anderson, and our weakest, Lucas stacks up well against them. For the rest, I know which I'd rather have.

Owen is perma-crocked and won't last the season.
Berbatov flatters to deceive.
And whilst Rooney is a good player, 99 goals in 237 games isn't the scoring rate of a top class striker.

Compare that to Torres and let's not forget that Kuyt had 15 goals last year, plus we have N'Gog, Nemeth, Pacheco and Babel who can all play up their and are young as well.
And don't forget how many Gerrard scores.

Ronaldo was worth 12 - 15 points a season for them, and Tevez cam off the bench to save them on quite a few occasions.

I say again, we will easily make the top 4 and will be thereabouts come the end of the season - I would be quite prepared to put hard cash on that, and I never bet on anything except a cert.

[edit on 18/8/2009 by budski]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well, like I said earlier, it's really time the American owners Hicks & Gillette sold the club to someone who wants to take the club forward. What this pair have done is buy the club so they can use it's profits to clear personal debts hence the reason why Benitez has been given a miniscule £1.5 million to strengthen his squad. A ridiculously small amount of money when you consider just how much the premiereship generates.

If by any chance the American owners read this (and there's not much chance of that) please sell up and go away!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

They are both worth well over 500 million (sterling) in personal worth - they are businessmen and don't use their own money to make acquisitions.
They may guarantee the loans with their own money, but even some of that is owed by KHL.

The acquisition of Liverpool was a leveraged venture, which meant that in essence, they borrowed the money to buy the club based on what the club was worth over a certain period of time.

Blame the idiots who sold to them, rather than DIC so that they could 1) make a few million quid extra (moores) 2) Have a guaranteed job for a couple of years (Parry)

They knew the finance arrangements the yanks had - and they sold us down the river anyway.

BTW, I don't believe for a second that Rafa only has 1.5, or 2 as some are reporting it.
This came from a footy phone (where a fan said it and the host picked up on it) in and has been picked up by the press, and then as usual, blown out of proportion.

It's called silly season for a reason...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Like I said my friend, we will see.
Such is the beauty of The Premiership.
One thing is certain, there will be many twists and turns between now and next May.
At the moment I think Chelsea will just squeeze it beating Man Utd by the narrowest of margins.
The next three places will be evenly fought between Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool.
Injuries may be decisive.

A wager?
Now I am a gambling man.
U2U me with details.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join