It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Did Mascherano play that well?

I was told by Christian Dailley that Mascherano looked great in training, when he was at West Ham. I can't understand for the life of me why he didnt get a run in the side. He was a popular guy with most of the players.. There has been alot of trouble behind the scenes at West Ham all season, but Pardew didn't seem to like the look of him. Curbishley might have been told not to play him as the move to Liverpool was already on the cards and they didnt want him getting injured.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Did Mascherano play that well?

I was told by Christian Dailley that Mascherano looked great in training, when he was at West Ham. I can't understand for the life of me why he didnt get a run in the side. He was a popular guy with most of the players.. There has been alot of trouble behind the scenes at West Ham all season, but Pardew didn't seem to like the look of him. Curbishley might have been told not to play him as the move to Liverpool was already on the cards and they didnt want him getting injured.

You know Christian Dailly?
What does he make of Tevez?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Nice to see theres a thread for the best Football club in the world here.

Barcelona got a taste, Man u are gonna get a paste (ing)

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer

Yes i know him through my surveyor at work, he just got me a signed West Ham shirt for a charity event im doing, if anyone wants any signed sports memorabilia drop me a u2u lol..

Tevev is a workaholic in training as far as i know and he looks like a world class player. Its starting to show with his performances in the last few games for the Hammers. Can't see him staying at the Hammers when we go down but you never know.

So who here thinks Crouch should be playing for England?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yes i know him through my surveyor at work, he just got me a signed West Ham shirt for a charity event im doing, if anyone wants any signed sports memorabilia drop me a u2u lol..

Tevev is a workaholic in training as far as i know and he looks like a world class player. Its starting to show with his performances in the last few games for the Hammers. Can't see him staying at the Hammers when we go down but you never know.

So who here thinks Crouch should be playing for England?

Why ask that? Crouch does play for England.

Tevez had his best 90 mins since the World Cup today against spurs
2 assists and a goal from a free kick, unlucky to be on a losing side.
Wouldn't mind seeing him come to Anfield at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Tevez had his best 90 mins since the World Cup today against spurs
2 assists and a goal from a free kick, unlucky to be on a losing side.
Wouldn't mind seeing him come to Anfield at all.

Tevez had an outstanding game against Spurs...........in fact it was a good game all round.

Tevez would be great at Liverpool.........a right kick in the teeth Man Utd's late goal though.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Why ask that? Crouch does play for England.

Yes i know, but should he be, thats what i was asking.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by The Real Deal]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yes i know, but should he be, thats what i was asking.

He's one of the most prolific strikers in Europe, of course he should!

Of course I'd rather he didn't as I can't friggin' stand England!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Nada, you've always been blinded by that red mist.

Crouch shouldn't be playing for England. For such a tall bloke, he jumps like he has lead in his boots. He has no power in his headers, he leans on players, puts his hands on them too much and gives away unecessary fouls because of it. For how tall he is, he should be able to leap like a salmon and be unbeatable in the air.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Nada, you've always been blinded by that red mist.

Crouch shouldn't be playing for England. For such a tall bloke, he jumps like he has lead in his boots. He has no power in his headers, he leans on players, puts his hands on them too much and gives away unecessary fouls because of it. For how tall he is, he should be able to leap like a salmon and be unbeatable in the air.

Believe me there is no red mist. He has half the kop screaming at him as a result of the faults you mention just there, and he'll likely be sold in the summer (likely to the tune of 12 million to the geordies, idiots!
)

However you cannot argue with the guy's scoring record in the league, in Europe or on International duty. In spite of his faults he always pops up with goals, or dramatically effects the game as a result of being on the pitch. It's just a shame he can't head worth # otherwise I'd want to keep him, but he's just not good enough to take us to the next level (come on David Villa!).

I'd like him to stay as a super-sub but I can't see him being happy with that. I hope he goes somewhere else in Europe as he'd be wasted at Geordie Land, although they'll probably be willing to spend over the odds on him.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Nada, your not the first to say about his goal scoring for England and won't be the last. I havn't fully checked it out myself, but i'm taking an educated guess that most of Crouch's goals came in matches that didn't mean nothing and the qualifing games he scored in was against much inferior sides. Take them away and you could most proberbly count on one hand the goals he has scored against top class opposition.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Nada, your not the first to say about his goal scoring for England and won't be the last. I havn't fully checked it out myself, but i'm taking an educated guess that most of Crouch's goals came in matches that didn't mean nothing and the qualifing games he scored in was against much inferior sides. Take them away and you could most proberbly count on one hand the goals he has scored against top class opposition.

True, but how many did Rooney or Owen score against this inferior opposition?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nada dont try to change the subject, Crouch is the issue. Since when does 'Should Crouch be playing for England' have anything to do with Rooney or Owen.

Great victory over the two legs agains Barca though to get in the QF's...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Nada dont try to change the subject, Crouch is the issue. Since when does 'Should Crouch be playing for England' have anything to do with Rooney or Owen.

It's not a subject change, it's completely relevant. You say Crouch shouldn't be in the England side, yet the two players everyone wants to have ahead of him when fit (Owen and Rooney) don't score near as many goals as he does. Neither against the tops sides nor "inferior" opposition. He gets more goals than them (certainly more than Rooney) so the question should be why shouldn't he be in the England side?!

As I said though I hate internationals, and I especially hate hearing about or watching England. Absolute shyte, classless fans, and plain boring.

We've got PSV next in the Champions League, I really fancy us to see them off, which is a danger in itself as that's what everyone thought against Benfica last season!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was at Anfield for the Barca game. I had never been in the Kop before and it was amazing. Singing for the whole match, watching Carra keep Ronaldinho out of the game and the whole atmosphere in general.

Chance in a million for someone like me. Wow.

Bring on PSV!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So, who do you all think Rafa will be bringing in this summer?

Rumours of Thierry Henry still going around, Deco is another.

I'd like to see Huntelaar from Ajax come over and develop under Rafa - a raw talent with a big future I reckon. Quite a poacher, can use his head, sticks it in from 20 yrds, not so pacey though.

Eto'o or Villa? I've seen Villa a bit in the last few weeks, seems a bit overrated, maybe just lost a bit of form. Eto'o has a big ego, but should do well in the prem.

We desparately need a right-sided player - hopefully Rafa will get Alves from Seville at last.

Sure Rafa will make the right choices.

ABE: glad to hear you enjoyed it on the kop, yossarian. In my younger days used to be there a lot myself, before seating though...the days of Dagleish, Rush, Hansen et al.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by melatonin]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
YNWA

*my post was too short so i guess i should write some more stuff down here.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Liverpool are very close to signing 20 yr old Lucas from the Brazilian club Gremio for around 8 million Euros.

He was the Brazilian player of the year, plays in central midfield, and was being tracked by most major clubs in europe.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by melatonin]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
[size=15]COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

YNWA

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
no mate im a true supporter 20 years come on LFC!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join