It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I don't care much for so called fans who only slag players off - it's the typical reaction of the glory hunter to a player who needs a bit of time to fully develop.

As Liverpool fans we should be behind the players and the management, not slagging them off.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Are you intentionally not listening or are you being facetious for the sake of it??

I'm confused?

I was JOKING....said so straight away, and even put a little laugh in my original post.

And glory-hunter???

OK mate.... you have no clue and are extremely argumentative, i don't know why so I'll guess it's personal and you don't like me.
I couldn't care less to be honest...

I'll leave you to your ignorance

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It's not personal - I am just fed up with so called fans jumping on the bandwagon and slagging off a young player who deserves time, and who works extremely for the club and the fans.

Try looking at Lucas's stats for the time he has been here - and another assist today.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

OK...just like your "he's a full international, he must be good" comment.
Your comment fails again.

This season.

PL games 20, goals 0, assists 1.

Cup games 3, goals 1, assists 0

CL games 3, goals 0, assists 2

This does not include the 17 subs appearances.

So, lets analyze shall we.

43 games (including sub appearances) 1 goal, 3 assists, 5 yellow cards, 1 red card.

So personally, i would say that it's YOUR opinion which is the least meaningful and is slightly biased/warped

[edit on 11/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

that's not even the right stats

2008/09

Last year it was trendy to slag off Kuyt, this year it's Lucas's turn.

Follow the crowd who don't have a clue

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

So it did include subs... i was wrong,my mistake..... point remains that he sucks my friend and your own (and mine actually) stats prove this... average rating of 5.5 out of 10

Setting the world alight huh?

You can say what you like.... he is garbage.
I always liked Kuyt and i like babel too.

Just Lucas, who's garbage, that i find annoying.

The stats speak for themselves, i suppose you liked Djimi traore too??

And i follow no crowd, I'm an individual who makes his own mind up.... and at first i quite liked Lucas....however, as time's gone on, it's become apparent that he is a terrible player who gives away the ball and makes rash challenges.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

And who gives the ratings?

Sky Sports pundits. Nuff said.

Plus ANY rating for ANY player is always low when they are a sub.

Gerrard also made rash challenges and gave the ball away at 22 - in fact he STILL gives the ball away.
As does every other player.

Look again, Lucas's pass completion rate is superior to Gerrards at the same age.

Like I said, time will prove me right, whether he's still at LFC or another club he will be world class in a couple of years or so.

In the meantime, all the "fans" who do their analysis via the press will keep up this utter rubbish, same as they did with Kuyt.

BTW, Traore might have been bad, but he still has a champions league winners medal, and pretty much saved us in the final a couple of times, with last ditch tackles and interceptions, which just goes to show the depth of respect you have for someone who helped make club history.

Not a clue

[edit on 11/4/2009 by budski]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You're unbelievable man.

YOU have no clue.

Oh and Lucas.....world class???

I'll make any wager you like that he won't.

You can't polish a turd my friend.

If you want to keep pointlessly arguing... U2U me yeah?
This isn't really the thread to argue on, or the time.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I said WILL be.

I also notice that you fail to address any of the points I've raised, preferring obfuscation and evasion.

Unlike the usual LFC forum numpties who do nothing but slag him off with no idea of what actually makes a player, I know something of what I'm talking about, including the fact that he is played out of position, his passing completion percentage (which is very good) and his skill level.

If you were a better judge of a player than Rafa and his staff, you wouldn't be in a forum gobbing off about players, when you clearly don't have the first idea of what potential is.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Ignorance is bliss huh?

I said i was joking about being a better judge than rafa... about 5 times now.

I also said Lucas "won't be world class" , meaning...in the future, not now??
Can you read??
Are you being purposely ignorant??

Call me a numpty, please.
I'd rather that than your pathetic, sly digs.

You're very angry and bitter huh?
As i said, life must be a barrel of laughs with you.

U2U me.... this thread is for LFC fans and chat about LFC...

NOT for us to pointlessly argue.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This thread is for all LFC related topics.

You say you don't know better than Rafa, but he clearly has confidence in the player, and has said that he is an integral part of Liverpools future plans.

So Rafa likes Lucas, and rates him - but you don't

Then you insist that you are NOT saying you know better than Rafa, and yet you clearly do if you do not rate a player that Rafa rates so highly.

We real Liverpool fans back our managers judgement - he's the one who sees the players day in and day out.

Yet you still think he's wrong about Lucas

What a hypocritical mass of contradictions.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
What a hypocritical mass of contradictions.

No... there is one contradiction, not a mass.

And it's not actually a contradiction.... if you take your BS/spin out of the frame... it's just an opinion.

Lucas is absolute garbage.
Anybody who knows anything about football can see this.

Rafa knows this... for certain.
He will not come out and say that one of his own players is crap....he's THE most tight-lipped manager around.

Did he say he was selling Keane, or that he thought Keane was garbage??
Or did he keep backing him, even a day or so before he sold him?

Are you honestly this clueless about players or are you just being sarcastic?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The big difference here is that Lucas plays or is on the bench in pretty much every game, rather than PLessis for instance - hence it's easy to see Rafa's faith in him.

He also said, as I already mentioned, that Lucas is integral to his plans - when Gerrard is on the decline, Lucas will be coming to his peak and will be back playing as a box to box midfielder rather than a defensive role, and is integral to Rafa's plans as a player with intelligence, skill, good temperament, desire and ability to adapt, as outlined in Rafa's coaching bible written by the great Rinus Michels.

Rafa knows he's a good player who needs a little time - as does anyone with even a tiny amount of football knowledge.

You're wrong - get over it.

I stand by what I said - a mass of hypocritical contradictions.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

You are hilarious....

It's still not a mass of contradictions?
You're reaching mate.... it's an opinion, like a-holes, everyone's got one.
I think Lucas is crap, you don't....simple?
You don't need to try and ridicule and get narky just to prove your point...it's pathetic.
I understand....you don't wanna back down or admit you're wrong.....you don't want to address specific points, which is why i stopped doing so a few posts back.

Lucas is crap....simple.
He will be gone within two seasons.
He's as integral to Rafa's plans as keane was.

Your knowledge of player potential/talent spotting is basically non-existent mate.

As i said.... care to make a wager on Lucas BEING world class in the future...? Another point you carefully avoided..
Must be hard to see through that red mist huh?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I've already said that he WILL be.

Rafa is the one who said he is integral to his plans.

Rafa is also the one who rates him, along with the whole coaching staff and players.

The lone voices of dissent are people who know jack about football.

You have not addressed a single point I've made, and are basically saying that you know better than him and the whole of anfield about the quality of a player

As rafa would say:
Lucas has a better pass percentage, disciplinary record and successfull tackle percentage that Gerrard had at 22 - FACT.

Wind yer neck in - you know nowt.

Not even the Liverpool way of getting behind the manager and players and supporting his decisions.

In other words, another plastic fan who knows nothing of the Liverpool way.

Go down the Sandon on match day and spout your tripe - see how long you last amongst REAL fans

[edit on 12/4/2009 by budski]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I've already said that he WILL be.

I know you have.... bleeping hell..... for the umpteenth time... i am saying he won't, you are saying he will.
I even addressed this in my post above yours?
can anybody actually be this ignorant??
Seriously mate.... READ the posts.

Rafa is the one who said he is integral to his plans.

Of course he does.
I've addressed this point at least twice now too.
He WILL NOT slate his own players, not his way.
Did he slate Keane when he was at Liverpool?

Clueless

The lone voices of dissent are people who know jack about football.

So that would be you then?
As the MAJORITY now are fully aware of just how crap Lucas is.
I applaud your honesty mate.... thanks for finally admitting you know jack

You have not addressed a single point I've made.

See any one of my posts... i have addressed almost all your points....SEVERAL TIMES.
Just get's tedious when you're not reading them and i have to repeat myself.

Wind yer neck in - you know nowt.

Heed your own advice mate.....

Not even the Liverpool way of getting behind the manager and players and supporting his decisions.

No....obviously not

I can't have an opinion of one of OUR players now...?

Sorry sir, I apologize

[edit on 12/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Despite enduring a torrid few days in his Anfield career, Lucas retains the full backing of his manager.

"We will miss him. We have some problems and he is a player who could have been really important for us," said Benitez.

"I can't speak for every single fan, but every member of staff knows he is a very good player and his teammates know he is a good player.

"Against Wigan, for me, Lucas was the best player on the pitch. Then the other day at Everton he was also playing well and the ref made three mistakes. He gave one foul against him which wasn't, showed one yellow card which was wrong - and then the second yellow could be, but the player went over easily.

"I will support Lucas 100 per cent, always. He is a fantastic player, he is a nice boy and a very good professional. He has quality, he is learning and is improving all the time.

"It is not difficult for me to say that I support him 100 per cent."

source

riiiiight - so now Rafa is a liar.

Previous Bola de Ouro winners here which again shows your complete ignorance after you said the best brazilians are gone by 17 nor 18 so it means mothing for Lucas to win it.

BTW, Lucas was the youngest ever winner.

gerrard on Lucas

Molby on Lucas

Why do you think Rafa sold Sissoko - again at a profit.
Sissoko stats

I repeat - just turned 22, the youngest winner of the Bola de Ouro, a full Brazil international, Olympic bronze medallist with the full backing of Rafa and the coaching staff as well as present and past players.
A player with skill, mobility, flair and vision who is being played out of position, and who has nont yet fully developed.

Now what in the hell makes you right and everyone else wrong?

And wrong again - the majority of the fans back lucas and here and here and here
I could easily find hundreds of other articles showing you just how wrong you are when you say the majority of fans don't back him.
The ONLY ones are the fickle know nothings who delight in jumping on whatever bandwagon the media is pushing.

You haven't got a clue - hell, I bet you don't even know what Rafa's long term plan is or how he has built up by increments to get there.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Guys....I have three words for you.

Juan Sebastian Veron

Supposedly the "best player in the world", except that is when he played for Man United.

Bentiez doesn't buy "stars", he builds teams. There is a huge difference.

And yes, there are a few diamonds in the squad, but there are also some granite blocks as well. You don't build a side out of superstars, you build it out of solid players.

Benitez's way is to bring in a player and see how they sit with the team. If he doesn't rate them as part of a team, he moves them on. What they need to be able to do is play, but also listen.

Simple as that.

That, my friends, is why Owen went to Real Madrid, and thats why the turnover in transfers has been high since Benitez came in.

Lucas is a gifted player. But he's still bedding in. The PL moves faster than any other league in the world and a player can have all the talent in the world but if they've not quite adjusted properly then they can look average. Its a learning curve.

He's not even meant to be a regular first teamer at the moment. He's a squad player. The preferred line up is Mach and Xabi. Lucas is in the team when he has to be.

And Budski's right - Fletcher sucked. So did Park.

Give the lad time. He might be a Diao, or he may turn out to be a Biscan or he may, if we're really, really lucky, be the next Alonso or Gerrad.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well i'm done.

Your arrogance is only surpassed by your ignorance.
You use deflection and avoid responding to points raised.

Frankly....you're boring me.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I agree totally...

Lucas is a squad player.

and as I've been trying to say to Budski, for about 4 pages.... in my OPINION, not a very good one.
And also, rafa never slags off his players... EVER.
So whether or not he thinks Lucas is now not as good as he may have first thought, we'll never know, because he won't say.

He may well be another Xabi or Gerry..... again, in my OPINION, i highly doubt it.
Time will tell and I'm happy to wait and see.

This could have been wrapped up posts ago, or taken to U2U... but no.

"Me must argue in public"

"me must prove to man i am right".... eh budski??

:bnghd:

[edit on 12/4/09 by blupblup]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join