It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Watching Harry Kewel play made me wish he'd leave Turkey and come back to Liverpool, He is on fire and the best he's ever been....who can we bribe????

Harry, "The Wizard Of Oz", Kewell came to Liverpool with a big reputation which he never really lived up to. I think injuries also blited his stay at Anfield. Sorry to disagree with you my friend but I wouldn't like him back here in Liverpool. I don't think he'd fit in with Rafa's future plans.
Good to hear the Aussies will be in SA for the world cup. Let's just hope England get there as well .

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ok any of you merseyside trouts
wanna wager with a Chelsea fan?

If Chelsea goes through you have to wear this on your avy for 24hs:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a4b55d9a945.jpg[/atsimg]

If Everton B squad goes through
I have to wear this for 24hr:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fbdad6e63da.jpg[/atsimg]

+

If you act now, I promise to watch Formula 51 one more time.

So how'bout it scousers?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

even the chelsea players don't think they'll go through

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

We're trying a novel approach this time around.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'd take you up on the bet, but my limbic system gets all anxious, superstitious and cries "No!" What little superstition I have seems to be condensed into the irrational idea that if I bet on Liverpool, we'll lose. I'd happily sport that Mersey insult for 24 hours if it didn't carry with it the possibility that timelines would be altered by me making a bet

The power of my ability to attract the mischief of Murphy's Law appeared in the dying moments of the Fulham game. I texted a mate to moan how we were doomed not to score and how that crossbar was like an extra Fulham player. We scored immediately.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I'd happily sport that Mersey insult for 24 hours if it didn't carry with it the possibility that timelines would be altered by me making a bet

Well it's too late for that now.

You've gone and done quantumified the situation via observation and acknowledgment already.

The only option is to take the bet and in the process restore the universe to its scouserful place.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Douglas Adams

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
In the beginning the Scouse was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams/SD

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what Liverpool is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. Douglas Adams/SD

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

In the beginning the Scouse was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams/SD

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what Liverpool is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. Douglas Adams/SD

1) only because we win so much.

2) Chelsea tried that and have been soundly drubbed as a result.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I hearz alotta talkin' but not much in the way of bet acceptin'.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I've had a couple of :w: this evening for sporting purposes and celebration. How about we agree that the loser uses the club badge as avatar for 24 hours with an explanation in the sig? If Chelsea win on Wednesday, I'll use the badge and write something like, 'Schrodinger was right. Chelsea are the best team.' If the mighty Reds win, you do likewise?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

It's over 2 games, so the winner won't be decided on wednesday.

Unless we stick 4 in again

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It's a bet!

But over the two legs, who ever goes through wins, cool?

[edit on 4 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

As long as you don't sulk AGAIN

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

That's not included in the bet.

Oh there will be sulking a plenty if we lose again.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

It's a bet!

But over the two legs, who ever goes through wins, cool?

[edit on 4 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

I meant that whoever loses on Wednesday has to adopt the new avatar for 24 hours. Same again on the 14th? It's a bet. Makes it more fun

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sure why not, we'll do that for each game.

A draw means as we were.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Agreed. It's a bet.

Sh**! I've only got 4 days to somehow reconfigure the matter/anti-matter drives of the Murphy's Law engine and re-route it through the buffers...This may be a bigger job than wearing the lucky 2001 home shirt. May the best side win (insert ATS thumbs up)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Sh**! I've only got 4 days to somehow reconfigure the matter/anti-matter drives of the Murphy's Law engine and re-route it through the buffers...This may be a bigger job than wearing the lucky 2001 home shirt.

I have a slightly used box with some cat hair in it if you think it will help.

May the best side win (insert ATS thumbs up)

Well I can't agree to that.

Go Chelskea!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Oh joy. Pointless stereotyping.....

well i guess thats the football discussion out the window.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join