It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why dont we do anything with russia & irans ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
its seems like every time Iran is ready to get voted on in the UN, Russia is right there to put a stop to it or delay the process. seems like Russia is the real enemy here they are supplying Iran with Nuclear material and know how along with building nuclear reactors. they supply them with arms and are building economic ties.
sources:
Iran & Russia build economic ties
www.irna.ir...
Russia wants delay in vote for sanctions
news.yahoo.com...
Russia believes Iran doesn't need sanctions
www.irna.ir...
Russia builds reactors for Iran
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You probably ask why the USA doesnt do anything?

Well, what could they do? Go in all gun blazing? They can't do that in every country on the earth

anyway, we can't count the times the US vetoed resolutions against Israel

and, finally

In a practical way of thinking:

With the Caspian sea, the US cannot do much materialy to Stop Russia from delivering supplies and technology to Iran, they can't blockade that area

So in conclusion: because they can't

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
You probably ask why the USA doesnt do anything?

Well, what could they do? Go in all gun blazing? They can't do that in every country on the earth

anyway, we can't count the times the US vetoed resolutions against Israel

and, finally

In a practical way of thinking:

With the Caspian sea, the US cannot do much materialy to Stop Russia from delivering supplies and technology to Iran, they can't blockade that area

So in conclusion: because they can't

You make good valid points, but I think there is also another explanation. I dont think the US is willing to face Russia in a direct confrontation, at least that has always been the way we have dealt with them. Russia is probably the one country on earth that could cause the greatest devastation to the US, although there are a couple of others in the high running. Anyway, we have always dealt with russian aggression in a third party way, vietnam for example.

The cuban missile crisis was obne of the few times where the US and russia almost went head to head. I believe the American strategic nuclear forces were placed on DEFCON 2 during this period.

To put it simply, russia is nearly America's equal in military might, or was at one time.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Even with the Warsaw pact countries gone and much of the Red Army demilitarised, Russia still have a good payload of nuclear weapons, so it probably wouldnt be a good idea to mess too much in their Backyard

Yeah, it was on DEFCON 2, I wonder what would happen in DEFCON 1

new topics

top topics

join