It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your belief of the afterlife?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would love to hear what kind of beliefs people hold about the afterlife. It would also be cool to hear some new views rather than the age old heaven hell scenario.

I was having a discussion on another thread and this topic came up. I thought iy would be interesting to create a thread to see what people actually believe will happen in the afterlife.

I personally believe that we will continue to exist in a different dimension. The already departed will also reside in that dminesion along with many other entities which we have not seen before. Apart from the existence of these entities and the 'souls' of the departed humans, we will also be able to create a reality with our minds. We will be able to create apparitions of Jesus, Mohammad, Buddha, etc. by the power of mind alone.

That could explain why the religious often view their religious figures during their near death experiences while some of us view deceased relatives (including the ones we didnt know were dead later to find out that they passed away some time ago).

Maybe, our mind power is strong that we end up creating an entire world full of people and actually start living again while we forget about our previous life. This would explain the reincarnation phenomenon. The 'ghosts' that some people experience could be creation of the minds alone and not just our mind but collective minds of people. This could explain why certain people who never experience the paranormal, actually see ghosts, etc. at haunted places. Maybe because we already conditioned our mind along with the minds of others that this place is haunted and a ghost should exist.

What do you guys think happens in afterlife, or if there is any afterlife at all?

Edn

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I believe that when you die you i.e. the energy in your brain that makes you who you are can attain a higher state of being or simply put you would become a being of energy without a physical form. But I also think its possible that if you are simply not ready for this transition you would be reborn as another physical form(and not nessisaraly on this earth). This is what I believe Siddhārtha Gautama attained when he became Enlightened was the knowledge that allowed him to transcend the physical form when he died.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
I believe that when you die you i.e. the energy in your brain that makes you who you are can attain a higher state of being or simply put you would become a being of energy without a physical form. But I also think its possible that if you are simply not ready for this transition you would be reborn as another physical form(and not nessisaraly on this earth). This is what I believe Siddhārtha Gautama attained when he became Enlightened was the knowledge that allowed him to transcend the physical form when he died.

You know, if it was known that only one religion of all the religions on earth was true. I would probably guess it was Buddhism. I know its not a religion but it makes more sense than any other, at least the concept of it.

new topics

join