It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Ghraib - The Bottom Line w/Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Found this disturbing that Our country can do such things.
But wait,its bringing freedom to all

(PrisonPlanet)-Video collage about the torture of Iraqi civilians at Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad. WARNING Important Advisory - nudity, violence, disturbing imagery ahead. Not safe for work, or the entire family. The video is shocking, disturbing, and will likely give you nightmares. It’s particularly scary because it is real, and particularly sad because all of our tax dollars are making this happen. Several minutes of every day you work goes to support this. Had enough?

www.prisonplanet.com...

REPEATING! WARNING! Important Advisory - nudity, violence, disturbing imagery ahead. Not safe for work, or the entire family. The video is shocking, disturbing, and will likely give you nightmares.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Link to video here(Runtime about 2 mins)
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
i can't belive no one else has even made a comment about this.

Have you become so complacent about torture? What will you say one day when the gestapo comes knocking at your door?'

Is there a direct link to the video?

Or atleast the youtube link on it's own.

YOU know, this is totally against the geneva conventions, if there were any justice at all in this world, if the UN really where some pillar for retribution, in the least the comanders would be at the Hague.

CAN ANYONE ELSE SAY SYSTEMATIC, who's going to tell us it was a few bad eggs, himmler.

But i grow more and more suspicous, that they WANT us to know this is happening, maybe not you the american people though i'm sure you'll taste the side of their nastiness some day too, but they want middle easterners to know, particularly iraqies.

Torture, after all, it's all about fear and controll.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
We make them pose for pictures, point rudely at their genitalia, and make them wear a dog collar.

They torture their own people before shooting them, and chop the heads off our troops.

But WE take the heat. It's almost as if those medieval scum know they are not civilized so their behaior is "to be expected".

Oh the hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
We make them pose for pictures, point rudely at their genitalia, and make them wear a dog collar.

They torture their own people before shooting them, and chop the heads off our troops.

But WE take the heat. It's almost as if those medieval scum know they are not civilized so their behaior is "to be expected".

Oh the hypocrisy.

All we need now is video documentation of them doing it.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

We make them pose for pictures, point rudely at their genitalia, and
make them wear a dog collar

Not mentioning the people you beat to death right?

One of the prisoners beaten to death at Bagram was an innocent taxi driver named Dilawar whose only offense was that he happened to drive his taxi past the American base at the wrong time. According to Corey E. Jones, one of the MPs who guarded him, the beatings intensified when "He screamed out, 'Allah! Allah! Allah!' and my first reaction was that he was crying out to his god. Everybody heard him cry out and thought it was funny. ... It became a kind of running joke, and people kept showing up to give this detainee a common peroneal strike just to hear him scream out 'Allah.' It went on over a 24-hour period, and I would think that it was over 100 strikes."

www.prwatch.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Abu Ghraib was nothing more than a bad college hazing. It was blown out of porportion by people that hate America and hate the troops. Look at how many times the NY Times put this on their front page. The NY Times hatred for America and the troops is well known.

If you want to blame something, or someone for Abu Ghraib.

Blame Diversity, and General Janis Karpinski.

Yes! How else could have a female General, with a history of shoplifting be promoted to General without a little help from quotas?

en.wikipedia.org...

She was demoted from Brigadier General in the aftermath of the Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse scandal. Karpinski claims that she was made a "scapegoat" in order to protect higher ranking military personnel from the scandal.[1]. Karpinski was demoted to Colonel for dereliction of duty, making a material misrepresentation to investigators, failure to obey a lawful order and shoplifting. Karpinski had failed to inform the Army as required when filling out an official document about an earlier arrest on an Air Force base in the US on a misdemeanour charge.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Damn Black_Fox, sorry to be a thread-killer.

So no one wants to defend Karpinski, or the NY Times?

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Abu Ghraib was nothing more than a bad college hazing. It was blown out of porportion by people that hate America and hate the troops.

What? So you actually think this was an ok thing? Did you even look at those pictures?

By the way, College Hazing... you have a choice. You know ahead of time, that when you join whatever group you're joining, there is going to be hazing like this. These people were imprisoned, and had no choice.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by RRconservative
Abu Ghraib was nothing more than a bad college hazing. It was blown out of porportion by people that hate America and hate the troops.

What? So you actually think this was an ok thing? Did you even look at those pictures?

No! I decided to avoid the propaganda. I really didn't think it was a big deal.

The big deal to me is General Karpinski. She was in charge and now she is trying to blame Rumsfeld and the Bush administration. How petty is that?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't think that anyone should ever have to go through that, even if it wasn't "that bad", it sure is not good.
I'm sure you wouldn't want that done to you.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I don't think that anyone should ever have to go through that, even if it wasn't "that bad", it sure is not good.
I'm sure you wouldn't want that done to you.

If you had to pick being in an American prison camp, or a Sadamm prison camp. Which would you choose?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
ANYONE who tries to justify this is an ar*eh8le of the hightest order !!

i mean saying they did it to thier own, and cut thier heads off, JUST DOES NOT FRIKIN JUSTIFY THIS !!

anyone who says it does, or cant see this point of view is sick in the head.

us "free people" were supposed to go in there and show these people how its done, how a democracy works, what freedome brings.

we YES WE have failed

but hey, mention whatever you want to mention, just so long as you can sleep at night with what you think.

beating evil does not = being evil

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well, I must be one of those that are sick in the head because I believe that the entire "scandal" was blown way out of proportion.
1) A video made by terrorists and sent to the French government which aired on their public tv showed them with a kneeling, blindfolded French soldier waiting while they read off a list of "crimes" and then unceremoniously chopped off his head. I've seen the video and you can tell that the victim has no idea of his impending murder.
2) They are called terrorists for a reason. They terrorize, kill innocents (way more than the one taxi driver), behead their enemies publically, blow up trains, fly planes into foreign buildings, etc. But wait. We got 'em back good by EMBARASSING them. Take that you bullies! Blow up our symbols of capitalism, killing hundreds of innocent people and we'll point at your genitals and laugh. Beware the heinous evil Americans. We'll even feed you 3 meals a day, house you in sanitary conditions, etc. but we are going to humiliate you for your unconcienable barbarity. Seems only fair.
3) The Geneva Convention does not apply to nations that refused to sign it.
4) Communist Russia used to have a saying: When we are weak, we will call upon YOUR value system but when we are strong, then we will call upon OURS!
5) Do you have any idea what will happen to your right to complain about your government and it's leaders however justified) if we lose this war? Any women on this thread? Buy now! Those burkas are gonna be going like hot cakes later.
6) We ARE at war. Sorry to have to point out the obvious but it seems that some have the idea that we should take the chocolate chips out of their cookies if they don't behave. Know yourself. Know your enemy. (Sun Tsu). We know that in their culture (and probably most cultures), a man being humbled by a female is degrading. Still, they were left alive which is kinder than what was offered to the world trade center victims.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Well, I must be one of those that are sick in the head because I believe that the entire "scandal" was blown way out of proportion.
1) A video made by terrorists and sent to the French government which aired on their public tv showed them with a kneeling, blindfolded French soldier waiting while they read off a list of "crimes" and then unceremoniously chopped off his head. I've seen the video and you can tell that the victim has no idea of his impending murder.
2) They are called terrorists for a reason. They terrorize, kill innocents (way more than the one taxi driver), behead their enemies publically, blow up trains, fly planes into foreign buildings, etc. But wait. We got 'em back good by EMBARASSING them. Take that you bullies! Blow up our symbols of capitalism, killing hundreds of innocent people and we'll point at your genitals and laugh. Beware the heinous evil Americans. We'll even feed you 3 meals a day, house you in sanitary conditions, etc. but we are going to humiliate you for your unconcienable barbarity. Seems only fair.
3) The Geneva Convention does not apply to nations that refused to sign it.
4) Communist Russia used to have a saying: When we are weak, we will call upon YOUR value system but when we are strong, then we will call upon OURS!
5) Do you have any idea what will happen to your right to complain about your government and it's leaders however justified) if we lose this war? Any women on this thread? Buy now! Those burkas are gonna be going like hot cakes later.
6) We ARE at war. Sorry to have to point out the obvious but it seems that some have the idea that we should take the chocolate chips out of their cookies if they don't behave. Know yourself. Know your enemy. (Sun Tsu). We know that in their culture (and probably most cultures), a man being humbled by a female is degrading. Still, they were left alive which is kinder than what was offered to the world trade center victims.

indeed you must be.

again, there is NOTHING that can justify this.
you can pull any facts and say whatever you want to justify this, i am unmoved from my position on this.

the torture iof ANYONE is wrong. under ANY circumstance

how can we as the free people of the world (really ?, did i say that) show anyone the way, when we are doin this ?

this just makes us hated more.

its all wrong mate

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Since your mind is made up, there's no point in further discussion. If you're unmoved from your emotional response then I withdraw from a discussion based on facts.
For those still interested in the logstics of conducting warfare, I have 2 questions. 1) How do we define "torture"? Everytime I hear gangsta rap I feel extremely tortured. Maybe I should go on CNN and complain? Hmmm.... 2) Since we ARE in a war, what is the proper and EFFECTIVE way for a "kinder and gentler nation" to achieve the goal of winning that war?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What? No practical solutions? No constructive criticism? Just knee-jerk emotional outbursts? Disappointing. I thought this was a forum for discussion of ideas.

top topics

join