It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens with a sense of humor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure why I'm curious about this, but I am, so humor me (haha, humor...). Are there any aliens with a sense of humor?

Even in fiction, most aliens lack a sense of humor. The Vulcans are all, "Logic! Logic is everything!" in that very characteristically monotonous voice, and the Klingons are all, "Today is a good day to die!" Q was probably the closest to being humorous, but they more often seemed sadistic than humorous.

All the ones that supposedly visit Earth also seem to lack a sense of humor.

Are humans the only sentient beings in the universe that can laugh? If so, it's going to be a sad day when some poor fool tries to build a comedy club in the middle of the Delta Quadrant.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The big green aliens on The Simpsons are funny.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh, I don't know this alien seems to have a sense of humour.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ahh, but to see a Klingon in the presence of a Tribble...now THAT's funny!

Of course aliens have a sense of humor... They can travel interstellar space, but for some reason the only way to get bio data is through anal injection? Somewhere, an alien doctor is laughing his grey ass off....

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've experienced all sorts of hilarious interactions with what I believe to be telepathic communications with "aliens".

Once I found myself in the hopital, under sedation and in restraints and I began having visions of a small, white and large eyed tranparent being who was very childlike.

He said his name was "Sherlock".

And then a more adult voice from outside the room passed through my mind and jovially added :

"Yeah - you SHERLOCKED yourself up this time!"

I cracked up.

Maybe that's one reason some people in the nuthouse are always giggling to themselves -

[edit on 21-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've had a lot of philosophical debates with the aliens and often they burst out laughing at some of the things I say about how ludicrous reality is. At other times we have argued and they have transported me to an alternate life and I instantly find myself in another place and time working intently at some really stupid activity. I think it is my real life and I have forgotten all about my earth life. Then they bring me back instantly and let me remember clearly how I was busy being a total idiot in the alternate reality, and they are all laughing at me. They used to do that a lot.

At other times wonderful joyful beings arrive and spend the whole time laughing and playing.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
can you tell your visitor to come chill with me sometime i want to experience something out of this world.

top topics

join