posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 10:57 PM
I bought a 5-pack of knock-off shake flashlights. They were very, very cheap Chineese crap. They actually don't charge from the magnet inside, but
rather run on thin-wafer-like watch batteries ... So yeah I got burned on that one. they are LED though--and work well untill the batteries die.
I do however, have a crank flashlight that has 5 white LED's in it. It's awesome because just last week we had a power outage. I hung my crank light
from my celling fan and just had to crank it every other hour or so...I chilled w/my ipod video and just kicked it.
My entire family was going nuts, burning non-renewable candles and hunting for flashlights.
I came downstairs with two of my cheezy shake lights, my LED Coleman headlamp, and my my crank light. My folks were all like, "where/why do you have
all this stuff!?!?"...
Well my dear old mom and dad, because once a candle is gone--it's gone.