It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored section on Google Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Any idea what this would be blacked out. This is the waterfront all around Tampa Bay, FL. There are several sections blacked out and it all seems blurred. Anyone know?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone have any idea what this might be?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Doesn't anyone have any idea what this might be?

Try an ATS search on google earth you will find your answer there.

AlBeMeT

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Eventually. It might take forever of sifting through post after post after post. I was just curious as to what could be there. If it's something commonplace that everyone knows about that's fine.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's likely the guys at NASA pactising their airbrush techinques before the Mars or Lunar Orbiters snap another base.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Its not unusual to see such a thing near a military base. MacDill AFB is within the area. With it being CENTCOM I wouldn't be amazed if thats why.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well Maybe Google got bribed into doin that, If i was the GOVT. i wouldn't want people bein able to look at my dirty little secret's...would you?

Come on it sound's far fetched, but it makes sense doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I agree, I would think it would be something CENTCOM related. Like someone else said you find lots of blacked out/low res stuff around millitary bases.

I got to looking for Johnston Atoll one night and noticed that it was either blacked out or very low res.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Usually that means they're overlaying or overlapping new resolution images onto the grid.

They've been updating the resolution everywhere. My area used to be very low resolution. I just got GE up after losing it when I had to switch OS and now I can see both my cars in the driveway. Strange.

You can usually ask over at the GE forums and get a rather prosaic explanation for some of the 'artifacts' you see.

Not that it couldn't be something suspicious. Perhaps military Ops going on in the bay. MacDill Air Force Base is in Tampa. It is among major military bases in the Bay area spared by the Base Realignment and Closure Commission.

Usually it's an ordinary explanation, though.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
wow, 2006 is when this was noticed and first posted? I just noticed this in 2008 and added my image to another google earth thread.
So why is it taking them so long to get better images of this area? Why leave it black and not blurry like the rest of GE's not so popular areas. This is a highly populated area, I just dont understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ever hear of Hollow Earth theory? Maybe it's a passage way to an underground alien/reptilian base.

Wow, there are also a lot of meteors in that area! Could they be UFOs? UFOs in forms of the drop ships? IDK, just thought I'd mention that.

What's the average rate of UFO sightings at Tampa Bay? Anyone live around there?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you would zoom in on them blurred areas, you'd see high resolution of clouds with the details plainly visible below.

Just as Badge01 stated, it's overlays and updates with better pics.

There are many better examples of stuff left off GE than this.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I live in that area (east of Busch Gardens), and like most, have Googled my house.
I don' think it's an update. My house was under construction at the time of the Sat. flyover and still shows the same pic.
I have seen a lot more heavy-lift cap. A/C flying around lately.
I'm just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

This might help. It looks like the blacked out portion is water, or maybe the bridges over the water.

search.yahoo.com...

There are also numerous hi-rez photos of Tampa Bay area at the following site:

ocean.floridamarine.org...

[edit on 22-2-2008 by ipsedixit]

[edit on 22-2-2008 by ipsedixit]

top topics

join