It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xmas miracle needed to prevent suicide attacks over xmas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
From here;
blogs.abcnews.com...

British law enforcement and intelligence officials say the ongoing plots have been in the planning stages for at least three years. The officials say the plots are all connected and track back to al Qaeda commanders in Pakistan who have been recruiting and training British citizens of Pakistan descent.

Well are these Pakistanis blooming lovely people? oh are they not such moderate ideal members of our society...so much so a Christmas miracle is need to avoid a suicide bombing over Christmas and new year.

if it is true, then we need internment camps. This is a war starting to slide into deeper and deeper trouble, with pakistanis training pakistanis living in the UK as suicide bombers...

If this happens, they need to round them up, sort them out into who stays and who goes, and ban them from having british citizenship if they hate us and our way of life so badly. British my arse, there nothing but Pakistani criminal scum. The UK needs a Guantanamo Bay Prison with no limits detention to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 21/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Amazingly this isn't being reported in the UK as far as I can tell (from a quick check) just the place that needs to know!

While I'm not sure I appreciate all the OPs sentiments here I truly dont get why we are tracking all these 30 UK AQ plots and not simply busting them and locking them up, deporting them whatever. You have to draw a line for purposes of public safety when leaving this kind of plotter on a leash 'to gather further intel' is outweighed by the risk to public safety. After all two of the 7/7 bombers were on the Intel radar and then disappeared with tragic consequences.

The security services have been at pains to say, somethings gonna happen and we doubt we can stop it, the head of MI5 has said she's off in the new year so all blame is already unattributable it appears.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When you intercept communications, in most cases you immediately know either the sender or the reciever.

I'm sure they're waiting for the opporotune moment to strike.

These terrorists operate on a time scale, they're given the time and place to strike, and then cut off communications until the attack. I'm sure intelligence knows when that time is, and won't wait until the strike is supposed to happen to stop it. I'm sure it's just media hype, counter-insurgent organizations are pretty damned good at what they do. They have it under control.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have to take issue with that. 7/7 and 9/11 weren't stopped and counterinsurgency orgs seemed to have a fairly clear idea it was going to happen and tried to warn the powers that be but it fell on deaf ears.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Firstly, living in the UK I can confirm there is no news coverage at all of this story, although several weeks ago our Home Secretary John Reid stated an attack over the Christmas period was "highly likely".

I dont believe this is a coincidence. Hell, they bring it up on "BREAKING NEWS!" when Camilla (Prince Charles' wife) cancels a tour to a pudding factory due to gastritis!

Clearly, intelligence people are so convinced this could happen, they dont want to go around spreading fear or letting the terrorists think they're onto them.

Think about it - a terrorist sees on the news that intelligence has "specific information" regarding a number of plots. The terrorist will panic and either back out and go into hiding (unlikely) or just go for it.

Sadly I think it's obvious what we're looking at: an attack or an attempted attack today, Friday 22nd December or around New Years.

By the weekend/Christmas, everyone will be home and the mass movement of people will have decreased to a minimum.

Today, however, is the biggest travel day of the year in the UK. Add that to the heavy fog which is grounding flights and congesting airports, along with all the millions of people moving on the trains, buses and shopping centres, and you have a sitting duck target of hundreds of people.

I am always wary when reports suggest the threat is confined only to London. There are many other cities throughout the UK, any of which could be a target.

Look at it from their point of view. You've got a bomb and a warped mindset ... all you need to do is walk into Heathrow (which like any airport you can just walk into without going through security) or onto a packed train and that is it.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by tiaw1]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
If this happens, they need to round them up, sort them out into who stays and who goes, and ban them from having british citizenship if they hate us and our way of life so badly. British my arse, there nothing but Pakistani criminal scum. The UK needs a Guantanamo Bay Prison with no limits detention to sort the wheat from the chaff.
[edit on 21/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

Well, I am glad some people in britain are realizing the true threat these people pose. I was begining to think that the brits were looking the other way and just hoping for the best.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The source for all this was "a senior American intelligence official". No other evidence needed, we'll just all believe it, right? And let's face it, the intelligence has been SO good up to this point, like when they shot a guy for coming downstairs in his pyjamas in the middle of the night to see what the noise was when they broke down his door?

A "miracle" if it doesn't happen? Let me get down to the Ladbrokes, I'll put money on this miracle.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
There's nothing a terrorist attack could do that a little bit of fog hasn't already done this week!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
I have to take issue with that. 7/7 and 9/11 weren't stopped and counterinsurgency orgs seemed to have a fairly clear idea it was going to happen and tried to warn the powers that be but it fell on deaf ears.

Touche my friend.

I still believe the Bush Administration didnt want those events stopped... I mean, how do you NOT stop something so drastic from happening if in fact you know about it?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I personally think this is complete rubbish. The propaganda has been increasing lately (the muslim muderer who escaped in drag...), its just pure fear mongering, if there really was going to be an attack why would there be warnings in the news about it (and there has been, at least a mention on radio 1)? Makes no sense. Its just like the whole melodrama of the so called liquid bombers, just complete fabrication.

al qaeda of the uk? haha what does that even mean, that there's a bunch of peed off ex CIA assets living in Hackney?

i certainly wont be 'bracing myself' this christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is pure propaganda. 7/7 and 9/11 were inside job. The ``threat`` this summer about the planes hijack was pure BS. PROPAGANDA OF FEAR.

Watch Children of Men and see if you want this to happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I still believe the Bush Administration didnt want those events stopped... I mean, how do you NOT stop something so drastic from happening if in fact you know about it?

You fault the Bush Administration for not acting on intelligence in the 9/11 case, but you most likely also oppose the fact that the Bush Administration acted on intelligence concerning Saddam's WMDs. September 11th was a tragedy that slipped through the cracks like Pearl Harbor. Stop blaming the government and blame the true culprits: Islamofascist scum.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I saw this headline yesterday on the DrudgeReport. I clicked on the link and perused the story. I was busy and didn't give it much thought aside from, "another sky-is-falling report that occurs at each holiday." About 30 minutes later I checked back and the link had been removed from Drudge. I didn't remember the news source, so I briefly searched BBC and CNN and didn't see anything. I won't infer any conspiracy from this, but I WAS puzzled at why Drudge pulled the link very soon after it had been posted, and it didn't show up anywhere else. Even if a story has dubious credulity, such a sensational headline usually remains on Drudge for at least a day (good for viewership).

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Whatever happened to those teenagers that invented some sort of vest that held liquid explosives? Then there were some other groups supposedly busted too. All those people just disapppeared from the face of media.

Pie

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Whatever happened to those teenagers that invented some sort of vest that held liquid explosives? Then there were some other groups supposedly busted too. All those people just disapppeared from the face of media.

Pie

thats not strictly true - news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface

thats not strictly true - news.bbc.co.uk...

From your source

Terrorism charges were dropped last week for lack of evidence.

Also as suspected at the very same time Musharaff was being accused of not doing enough to thwart terrorism and voila this shlub pops up.

There were also those Chat room guys that were talking smack and they made a big deal out of them too. Supposedly here in the USA several busts that saved American strikes supposedly took place but we never got any info on that either except the Sears Tower 7 which was another seemingly questionable bust. I think they just want to make a good show.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Here's an article I came across in the Daily Mirror.

img98.imageshack.us... Full View.

More propaganda bull**** Probably another inside job in the works.

Welcome to the phony War on Terrorism.

Nodoubt Bush & Blair have already got there speeches prepared.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I rather suspect the origin of this story is this:-

Met chief warns of Christmas terror threat
By Nigel Morris, Home Affairs Correspondent
Published: 23 December 2006

Islamist terrorists pose the greatest threat to Britain's security since the Second World War, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner has warned.

With police and security services on heightened alert for a possible attack over Christmas and the New Year, Sir Ian Blair echoed fears in the intelligence community that the risk of an atrocity has increased substantially in recent months.

He said he had no specific intelligence about a plot to target Britain over the holiday period, but added: "The threat of another terrorist attempt is ever present. Christmas is a period when that might happen. We have no specific intelligence to do [with] that."

He added: "There was a terrorist plot in Germany against one of their Christmas markets in 2002, so it's a possibility."

Sir Ian also said the danger to the public was of an "unparalleled nature and growing".

"It is a far graver threat in terms of civilians than either the Cold War or the Second World War," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. "You have to go back to that threat - it's a much graver threat than that posed by Irish Republican terrorism."

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
well according to the daily mail

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The British army has closed for Christmas for 3 weeks, sending people home from even the UK Command HQ in order to save on electric, food and bills.

doesn't that feel safe?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
IRA use to bomb us every Christmas, so why try and scares us? UK and Ireland are use to it!

If there was an attack (which i doubt it) we will just carrying on like normal. Its the British way.

And i am starting to notice that everytime Labour are down in the polls, terrorism is brought back into the spotlight.

Plus...

I wouldn't believe anything in the Daily mail, those "patriots of Britian" openly supported Hitler during World War II.

And finally, i wouldn't trust the Metropolitan Police in what they say and do. That "police force" is more like a paramilitary and can someone please tell the FBI not to get involved in British affairs

/rant over

top topics

join