It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Tottenham to move for Murphy?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Tottenham are reported to be planning a late move for Charlton's Danny Murphy. Murphy's future at Charlton has been the subject of intense speculation in recent weeks with Newcastle thought to be interested in his services.

Skysports

He's had a great season at Charlton so far and looked to be getting somewhere back to his best. He was playing for England when he broke that bone in his foot and hasn't had a look in since he came back. Is it because he plays for a less unfashionable club now? So a move to higflying Spurs may be what he is looking for as he seems to have had a falling out with Curbishley..

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i thought Murphy was a good wee player, quite creative going forward and had a good freekick.

But... just like that guy Brown? the one who left the other day to move to Fulham? i think he could go there, play alright and couple of months down the line Jol realises he dont really need him and sells him again

I dont think hes any better than what Spurs have

TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Jol looked like he was panic buying to start as he was making moves for alot of players and bought up alot of youngsters. At the start of the season he didnt know who to play but now has a much more settled side. So he has cleared away some of the driftwood but they still have an awefull lot of players which alot are out on loan. Maybe he sees it if Davids gets injured he can play Murphy....

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yip, i agree. it does tend to be the same 4 midfielderes he plays these days with one of them on the bench with Lennon starting or coming on as a sub.

Would Charlton sell to their rivals?

I see what you mean, if he makes the move and does well then... he might get a cap again. On the other chance, he doesnt make it. I guess if Charlton say yes, you can go if you want.. We will see how much self believe the player has.

Sir

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
They signed him yesterday for 2mill i think was the amount. Good player imo. Davids only signed a 1 year deal if i remember rightly, so he might not re-sign.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Noticed Murphy seems to be a sub alot, and when he does come on its for the young winger, Aaron Lennon who is a cracking player. I think his pace and skill puts him in the team ahead of Murphy and it seems to be Murphy on in the last 20 minutes or so to tighten up the midfield.

I dont think hes made the impresion he would have wanted to make, and i think if Spurs do get 4th spot they will add better players to the squad.

Do you reckon Murphy will be leaving? i think if a bid came in for him, if they could get 2 million i reckon they would sell

top topics

join