It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Spurs to move for Vieri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was suprised when i read this story but it does make sense. When Vieri went to Milan i was suprised, i guess they lost Tomasson and Crespo but they signed the Italian Gillardino from Parma and that left Gillardino, Inzaghi and Shevchenko up front too and those 3 are sheer class! so Vieri, as injury prone as he is was always going to struggle to make it. I think Milan would be happy to let him go out on loan, and that would give them the chance to give one of there young players a chance to get some games.

Spurs without Mido defintly leaves them without the physical presence upfront. Defoe and Keane are very different style from him and i dont know this other guy they have bought. So Vieri sounds like a good replacement.

But again, am not sure if he would get enough games at Spurs to make the World Cup Team which is what he needs

Tottenham Hotspur are waiting on Milan to make a decision about Christian Vieri's future, according to reports in Italy.

Vieri is unsettled at San Siro having joined Milan from the club's city rivals Internazionale last summer.

The experienced Italy international has yet to establish himself in the Rossoneri's plans and is fearful for his World Cup prospects.

source

TRD

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him, they are on the look-out for a striker. Once Mido goes they will be short as any decent Prem side needs 3-4 top strikers.

[Edited on 7/1/06 by TRD]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
yip, 4 strikers are handy especially if one gets injured... how long is Mido away for? is it like a couple of months?

i see this... if Mido comes back and gets in the team ahaead of Vieri, then Vieri aint in a better position than he is in asnow

TRD

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah i see what you are saying from Vieri's perspective. One thing Spurs have to look at is that Mido is on an 18month loan isn't he? The way he has played they are going to have to stump up alot of cash to sign him, so maybe they are looking at it like that and see Vieri as a replacement.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
yip, though am not sure how much Milan would want for Vieri, i cant see it being alot though, i would think tehre biggest concern is hes hogging the wages.

Mido.. he is doing well but hes at Roma? and with there finicial situation are they in a position to refuse any bid for players basically? though with Cassano leaving they are prob safe now.. And i dont think Mido has a future there either

But... Spurs signed Davids, if they can sign him i wouldnt rule out Vieri

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well.. they didnt sign the big man and i think maybe they should have done, they are missing Mido big time. With him upfront Spurs have been a diffferent team.

At Roma i thought he was a bit of a donkey but what a transformation playing regulary has done for him

new topics

top topics

join