It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: bad signings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The fact that all spurs fans are disappointed and disillusioned after the Grimbsy result is stating the obvious . Some huge questions remain hanging over the heads of many of our new signings especially the full backs some of the midfield players and Rasziac ,but don’t under estimate the influence that Davids , Dawson and Jenas will have this season if they remain fit.
The biggest concern I would have is our full backs Lee and Stalteri they are technically poor, boring and extremely weak.
But if Jol is any good we will trash Fulham Monday night . Spurs fans are sick of apologies and excuses from players and managers , Monday night is D-NIGHT,

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i know Dawson is supposed to have loads of potential, and he is looking like he is going to turn into a top defender.

Davids in your team, has plenty experience and hey, i got to admit i am a fan of him. Tremendous energy level and if you watch his feet with the ball, hes incredible! Jenas hasnt lived up to what was expected of him yet but he may still turn out amazing too, so looking at them alone there is alot of potential and hey, can only get better as far as they are concerned.

He brought in Big Mido too whos doing alright by the sounds of it.

who are your fullbacks, it seems you have never had a consitent one since whats his name.... carr left.

is edman doing crap at the left back?

TRD

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The problem as i see it is key injuries one after the other.

You have the squad, Jol needs to just get them all fit and play a settled side.

TRD

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Looks like they have stepped it right up and are currently in 4th place. Will they be able to keep it up and stay there? Well i know an awefull lot of spurs fans and they keep saying NO! I beg to differ, they are playing well, even when they are not they are getting a result like against Birmingham on Boxing day, wasn't their greatest performance but they still ran out 2-0 winners.

Dawson was mentioned in this thread and he has come into his own, what a player. Lennon looks really good and Carrick, Davids have been awesome. Only one player who i think has not hit top form yet is Defoe, maybe its because he is not playing every game to start...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
hey, your team is doing good.

watched them tonight and they looked strong, looked like a team and the team spirit looked really good too. Up front you are strong, Mido hey, hes proved me wrong, hes really looking good and does alot for the team and Keane has just always been great. And Defoe can be magic and they are all rotating and seem to be doing well.

The midfield is strong, and when you consider Brown a weaker midfielder player in your team, hey he still looked good to me and didnt look out of place.

I really think you can hold 4th, worse comes to worse i would say 5th

top topics

join