It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Defoe wnts to be top scorer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
can he do it?

Jermain Defoe is aiming to be The Premiership's top scorer next season to boost his claims for a place in England's World Cup team.

The Tottenham Hotspur striker has established himself as a fixture in Sven Goran Eriksson's squad during the past season.

But the pacey front man is eyeing more than just being part of the set-up and is keen to be in Eriksson's chosen XI.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

[Edited on 5/22/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's not impossible, but at Spurs he isn't starting every game. He needs to do that to have a chance.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
yer, he will need to play much more often from the start, even if he does start every game, does he score enough goals?

when we look at AJ, he scored goals but also scored 5 penalites or so, does Defeo take the penalites at spurs?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Never going to happen if he is at Spurs and Henry plays in at least half of the league games for Arsenal.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
He is capable, but i can't see it happening next season. Maybe with a couple of better players at Spurs to supply him with the ball then he might have a chance. I would like to see AJ and Ashton at better clubs and see how many they can get. Also maybe the Yak will get a few more goals now that he is at Middlesborugh..

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I agree Sir in part, I just can't see anyone scroing more goals than Henry if he is fit.

new topics

top topics

join