It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Defoe signs new deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Jermain Defoe has signed a new four-and-a-half year contract with Tottenham Hotspur.
The England international marksman's new contract will run from this summer and will extend his stay at White Hart Lane until 2010. Defoe has banged in 14 Premiership goals for Spurs this season, and may well be able to fire them into Europe for next season. Martin Jol's side are still in with a shout of landing seventh place in The Premiership, and Defoe's new deal will be a timely boost to the club.

LINK

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
hey, good stuff spurs.

this will kill the talk of him being off to chelsea, and will cement his place as there top striker for a few more years to come.

next season, i wonder if they will challenge for a champions league spot?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
No champions league, Chelski, Arsenal and Man Utd top three (not in that order) with Liverpool taking fourth spot.

Defoe wont stay at Spurs, he is VERY ambitious and will evetually leave for better things.

TRD

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well the players they have bought, i don't see why he should want to leave. They have Huddlestone starting in the summer and he has been outstanding in the Championship this season. Daveport looks a very good playing in the making and he has been on a season loan. With Robbie Keane looking certain to go, Defoe will be no1 choice. Jol just needs to spend a bit if cash wisely in the summer and add a bit more quality. If he does that they will be right up their next season. Maybe not challenging for the top spot but could well be a top six finish...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Top 6 isn't Champions League and that's the point.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
up front, they have Defoe and its looking like hes number 1, they have kanoutem, and those two have been teamates now for years, and Mido, who is different to those two.

i think at the top you need four strikers so if they let robbie leave, are they going to replace him?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
They could replace him, I will state now that he will leave within 3 years hold me to it if I'm wrong but he will leave.

top topics

join