It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Keane happy to stay

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Tottenham's unhappy striker Robbie Keane has played down suggestions he could quit the club after being fined for storming down the tunnel against Birmingham on Saturday. A club spokesman confirmed to BBC Sport that Keane has been handed a fine of around 10,000 for his display of petulance when coach Martin Jol opted to introduce Egyptian striker Mido as a second-half substitute.

The bust-up sparked suggestions the Republic of Ireland striker would quit the club in the summer after becoming frustrated at having to sit on the bench behind first-choice strikers Fredi Kanoute and England ace Jermain Defoe.

LINK

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Things looked a bit dodgey for a moment, Keane was having a few strops. You can't blame him as last season he was no1 choice. He hasn't done anything wrong imo, he's played well, scored goals ect. And he is only a sub at the moment..

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
with the talk of him leaving, can you see him wanting to leave? or would he be reluctant?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He has been a bit pissed lately that he isn't getting a game. It does look likely that he will be going in the summer. Spurs have spent alot of money recently and if they are going to sign anyone decent this summer they will have to sell someone.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
£45,000 a week is a good enough reason to stay, he won't get anywhere near that at Everton or Villa.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
yer. i dont see any of the top 4 or 5 times wanting him. and his wage is big.

i think if spurs want money, it makes sense to sell him? am thinking he would suit newcaslte, hes got pace and i think would link well with shearer

what you think? newcaslte could afford him aswell

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Could be, that's not a bad shout, if Everton came in then that is more likely because of Europe.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
well.. the talk is bellamy is going to stay at celtic, the talks are going well soo they say and i think if we lost bellamy, then we would go for Keane.

but if everton sign forssell. do they need keane? i just woonder cos they might end up with a barrow load of strikers

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Keane to Celtic, possibly but Celtic no offence ry is a bit of a step down from somewhere like Newcastle, however it wouldnt be a shock to move to Celtic, he would fit in nicely

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Its looking like he will definatly go, but where? If he stays in the Prem it could well be Newcastle, they need strikers now that Bellamy isn't comming back and Kluivert has gone.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
hehe... i hope we sign keane lol.

maybe west ham should go for him

but newcaslte do need to sign one, its too late with AJ.

top topics

join