It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC here isn't doing SNL tomorrow because a democrat is hosting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
As stated in the subject, NBC in Iowa isn't going to show Saturday Night Live this week because a Democrat is hosting, and it would be unfair to broadcast a show with a member of one party without giving equal time to the other parties. Anyone else's NBC people being retarded about this?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
As stated in the subject, NBC in Iowa isn't going to show Saturday Night Live this week because a Democrat is hosting, and it would be unfair to broadcast a show with a member of one party without giving equal time to the other parties. Anyone else's NBC people being retarded about this?

ARE WE DEALING WITH ADULTS HERE? This is the crap I'm talking about! And you wonder why repugnants make me sick. Isn't Iowa, or Idaho, or whatever ass backward state that is, a repugnant state? Bunch a droolin, knuckle-draqggin cro-magnum repugnants.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

ARE WE DEALING WITH ADULTS HERE? This is the crap I'm talking about! And you wonder why repugnants make me sick. Isn't Iowa, or Idaho, or whatever ass backward state that is, a repugnant state? Bunch a droolin, knuckle-draqggin cro-magnum repugnants.

Actually, in the 2000 presidental Selection, the state was won by the Democratic party, but everyone still acts awfully conservative.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well, it doesn't matter! This is just ridiculous and juvenile. I would complain if I were there...which will NEVER happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
illinois is a republican state, but it feels like a concentration camp.

..what?

i haven't heard anything about SNL not being shown though. that sucks. you won't be able to see Gilda Radner.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That's because its republican. No surprise there.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Well, it doesn't matter! This is just ridiculous and juvenile. I would complain if I were there...which will NEVER happen.

I'm in the process of leaving this ass backward state.

I did pitch a fit, I called the NBC people in Des Moines and they said "Well, it wouldn't be blah blah blah blah unless a repugnant was on air for an hour and a half to blah blah blah." Complaining does no good.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
actually, they said they wouldn't do this because they would have to give air time to the other candidates - which included the other Democrats, not JUST Bush.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
That's what I meant, but they gave me the excuse that they wouldn't do it unless they were giving candidates from all parties equal time, not just a candidate from one party.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
YOu see how things are turning? If you don't think they way they do, evilly, then they don't want you ANYWHERE. Sooner or later, guys like us will be rebels...pirates...scourges on the facist empire that need to be eliminated.

It's coming...

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Colonel, you know what, I agree with you on this. Iowa is using a well-used Dummycrat tactic that was used during the last presidential election. I thought it was being a bit picky in order to meet political desires. I am shocked that a Republican bunch would stoop so low as to feed the Demoncracks their own desserts.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
this has zero to do with republicans it has everything to do with fairness and the TV stations not wanting to give away 13.5 hours of air time to all 9 democratic candidates.

thats FREE air time and TV stations are not in the business of giving away over half a days worth of air time.

its called lost revenue and if any of the other 8 candidates wanted to make an issue of it the station might possibly be forced to give them equal air time and they arent about to give 8 other candidates the possibility of 12 hours of FREE air time on their station. and if one were to make an issue of it and get air time the other 7 would follow suit soon after them and there goes 13.5 hours of air time down the toilet.

its purely business, plain and simple.

on a side note wouldnt they have to give republican candidates equal time as well? i believe so in wich case that gets bumped up to 15 hours if you toss in bush. add a few more republican candiates just for kicks and you might well have 24 hours of air time for these jackasses before its all over with.

and then you have third party candidates......

you get the idea.

they simply cant have one candiate on without having them all on and time is money to a TV station!

would any of YOU give away 13.5 or more hours of free air time for these jokers?

i'm sure at least one person will say yes but i doubt any of you would do it.

i know i wouldnt give any politican (thats both democrats AND republicans colonel) free air time for any reason even with a gun to my head!

so i dont blame them for not wanting to air SNL.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Listen, why do they have to give this airtime away? hmmm? if talk show host interviews a candidate, should they have to interview evey candidate? if a candidate's sex life is featured in the news, should they do a feature on every candidate. This is obviously a republican trick to keep the candidate off the air, not an appeal to "fairness." Fair does not exist, come on people think about it, is this not one of the most idiotic things to ever have happened in America?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If air time is given to one candidate, then that candidate gets air time. Last time i checked life is not always fair. Politics is mostly unfair. So why would NBC think it needs to give all the candidates air time, if they give one air time?

Its like saying, If one movie wins and onscar; all the other movies that were up against the movie that won deserve an oscar. That is not how it works. The movies that deserve to win, win.

The candidate that can either pay the money for air time, or is popular enough to get air time like on SNL, get the air time. Since when was being on SNL good for a president? All the shows about presidents i have seen just make fun of them. I would consider it bad publicity, not good publicity.

Any one who wants the SNL episode talk to me. I am sure i can find it online some where.

Call any one you know who has a nislen box. Tell them not to watch SNL. This will teach NBC a leasson if the raitings for that time slot drop a considerable ammount.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
um pizza, no one will be watching SNL, as it will not be on!!!!!. that is the whole point of this thread. It will not be on NBC, as a democrat is hosting!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Um, shadofgray, reread the opening post of this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Okay, I re-read it. What do you want me to say differently. You cannot stop watching it, as it will not be on.

Oh, okay, I guess you mean that it wont be on in Iowa. I was just telling the pizza lover that there is no point in not watching the show. It would actually be completing the Iowan NBCs aims. A more accurate approach would be to just get people to realize the stupidity of political correctness.

Or did you want me to clarify that the real point of this thread was to ask people if anyone elses NBC people were being "retarded" about this.

Or did you mean something else??? Please, enlighten me

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nope. You got it.

Good luck on getting people to stop the PC crap. Its only getting worse and worse.
Some we'll only be able to speak using double-plus good words.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I hope we will never have to speak in double-plus. It would be really confusing.

top topics

join