It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Jol to leave for Ajax?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Press speculation in Holland is mounting that Tottenham coach Martin Jol will become the new coach at Ajax. It has been reported in Het Parool newspaper that in talks between Jol and the Amsterdam club on Sunday the coach told Ajax he would like to move if the two clubs can agree a deal.

Jol took over at Spurs from Jacques Santini last November and signed a contract until 2007. Ajax youth team coach Danny Blind and Frank Rijkaard's assistant at Barcelona Henk ten Cate have also been linked with the post.

LINK

It would be a bit of a shock if he did leave and Tottenham would be mad to let him go, they should be pulling out all the stops to keep him...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i think so too, they really need to give him a full season at the club, he has done a good job so far. and am there will be loads of activity in the summer.

i think danny blind is being strongly linked with the job, who will have a closer relation with the ajax fans as he played for them for sooo many years.

TRD

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There is still talks of him going, so it will be interesting to see what unfolds..

Myself, i think he will be mad to leave especially if spurs make it into europe..

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Tottenham coach Martin Jol is close to committing to Spurs and ending speculation linking him with a move to Ajax.

The Amsterdam ArenA outfit are believed to have targeted the Dutchman following the exit of manager Ronald Koeman.

Jol has consistently stated he is happy at Spurs and has now revealed only loose ends need tying up before he puts pen to paper on a new deal.

link

new topics

top topics

join