It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Ajax target Jol

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Tottenham Hotspur boss Martin Jol is reported to be on the shortlist for the Ajax job. The Dutch giants are looking for a new coach following Ronald Koeman's resignation on Friday. Koeman quit Ajax following their Uefa Cup defeat to Auxerre, with reports linking him with the vacant manager's job at Valencia. Ajax are now believed to have made Jol their top target to succeed Koeman.

LINK

[Edited on 26/2/05 by TRD]

Sir

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm not surprised with the way Tottenham have been doing that someone wants him already. But i can't see him leaving, he has assembled a decent squad and things look good for Spurs. They have given him money to spend and he is achieving the results, a european place isn't out of reach either.

TRD

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It would be a shock if he did leave as he has done so well.

There shouldn't be any reason to leave, they have given him money, the players like him. He seems to be able to get them motivated and they have had quite a few injurys. So it will be interesting to see when he has a fully fit squad of players.

Another good result yesterday pushes them closer to that european spot and that would be a great achievement of they manage that..

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i think Jol was supposed to have rubbished the link, but like you said TRD, it makes sense to stay and see where he takes them

TRD

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well it looks like Ajax might make an offer for him, i would be surprised if he takes it up. But you never know as Jol is the lowest paid manager in the Prem on about 600,000 a year...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Tottenham sporting director Frank Arnesen has admitted that Ajax are pursuing Martin Jol.

After making an immediate impression at White Hart Lane since replacing Jacques Santini, Jol has emerged as a top target for Ajax following Ronald Koeman's exit.

Arnesen, however, is convinced that the Dutchman will reject any opportunity to return to his homeland

link

new topics

top topics

join