It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Tottenhams double 8million swoop accepted!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nottingham Forest have accepted Tottenham's 8 million double bid for Andy Reid and Michael Dawson. The Championship strugglers decided to agree to off-load their two prize assets despite facing a battle against relegation.Ultimately, the substantial financial package tabled by Spurs proved too tempting and Reid's preference for White Hart Lane scuppered a deal with Southampton that would have taken Brett Ormerod and Darren Kenton to The City Ground.

Dawson had also been targeted by the likes of West Brom and Charlton but the England Under-21 international is on his way to North London. The pair have travelled to the capital to discuss personal terms with Spurs and pass their medicals.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
is it midnight the deadline gets closed at? not much time for it to be sorted.

i have heard of dawson, is this player andy reid a ireland international? think i have seem him play a few times too.

wonder if it happens, how they will fare in the prem

TRD

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They did sign them both...

I think Dawson is the better player out of the two, both pretty good signings though and Spurs seem to have quite a big squad now. It will be interesting to see who plays..

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
dawson and king maybe will become the back pair?

i think reid when he has played for internation level has done well. they have boasted there attacking options

mido and reid

TRD

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yeah, it will be interesting to see who he plays. He played Kanoute and Keane last night and Defoe was on the bench...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
hehe. with reid signing, he did a cheeky dig at southmapton

Andy Reid has launched a thinly veiled attack on Southampton - saying that he joined Tottenham Hotspur and not The Saints because they play better football.

Harry Redknapp had a bid for Reid accepted by Nottingham Forest during the transfer window, but the Republic of Ireland international turned down the chance to move to St Mary's.

Reid then moved to White Hart Lane, with Forest team-mate Michael Dawson joining him at North London.

link

TRD

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hehe, well he is not wrong is he? Southampton have been rubbish for years. I don't know to be honest how they have survived in the Prem all this time lol!

join