It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New military robot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
this thing is just asking for it........

once the enemy figures out how to electronically mess with this thing...........well lets say for your side....the # has hit the fan

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
o yea you cant hack people....

atleast not yet...

so they are always more reliable, but in a third world country, where they dont have the tech to hack it, then i wouldnt mind that thing taking all the bullets for me and layin down the lead

this looks promising for the future

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hi, okay, lets start off with this, can you hack a airplane in flight? No, Why? Cause it uses commands other then the famous Microsoft Windows. Why cant MS Windows computers create a valid connection with Apple?

Enter in MSD**:
"Pi** www.Laxplaisgreat.is.com"

Result.

"2xx.2xx.2xx:12xxx"

Then

"Teln** 2xx.2xx.2xx:12xxx"

Result

"Login..Pass.. blah blah blah"

What is that for? WINDOWS

Robot, Diff OS, Palm, has a different OS, I think it uses TRA connection? Listen, if thinking it can get hacked makes you fell happy? Then cool, but the truth always brings a brighter future!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That photo of the military robot looks impressive.
In the future I'm quite sure the trend will be to employ more
robots in combat .
Whether they be like tanks, unmanned surveillance vehicles
etc.
But it is we the humans who will still have to make the main
and ultimate sacrifice to determine the outcome of a battle.
Robots may take some of the danger away in relation to war
but human lives would still be involved.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
hmm, you guys prove to be all morons! well half of you anyway. but there are some smart responses. o and to settle this, i wouldnt trust a robot if i was paid to, considering: wut would happen if it gets a computer virus and malfunctions? dont worry im a paranoid theorist i like to think of logic alot. ive been thinking aof all the extra roots possible and such things and its impossible(in my opinion) to keep a robot from being unhackable and if it can get a computer virus, its very hackable cause, hmm how did it get the virus to begin with? someone obviously put it in electronically. and to prove some of you are morons, you guys spelled DOS wrong, you guys spelled it DDOS. and laxtos or wut ever your name is, do you like looking at wut you typed cause everytime you post something, theres double of it with nothing changed. might wanna fix that=waste of space.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Double? I dont see double posts? Where do you see that? Read my post, make sense of it. If you had any knowledge you would know. Thank you, good day.

USA OWNS ALL

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That Robot Rules, And I Think omega Double Posted

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
hmm, you guys prove to be all morons! well half of you anyway. but there are some smart responses. o and to settle this, i wouldnt trust a robot if i was paid to, considering: wut would happen if it gets a computer virus and malfunctions? dont worry im a paranoid theorist i like to think of logic alot. ive been thinking aof all the extra roots possible and such things and its impossible(in my opinion) to keep a robot from being unhackable and if it can get a computer virus, its very hackable cause, hmm how did it get the virus to begin with? someone obviously put it in electronically. and to prove some of you are morons, you guys spelled DOS wrong, you guys spelled it DDOS. and laxtos or wut ever your name is, do you like looking at wut you typed cause everytime you post something, theres double of it with nothing changed. might wanna fix that=waste of space.

Obviously you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Kindly leave this thread and return to BTS where you belong.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
DDOS, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS). Search it on google. www.riverhead.com... Moron, get stuff right. You want to challenge me? Iam a brilliant.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I know what I want for Christmas!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Note to Self: Hmmm..... must add two of these to shopping list when that winning lottery ticket comes up.....

Oh was that out loud?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It would be pretty cool to have one of those as a sidekick. Like have it go out and fetch some wood in the forest. If only..

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hacking won't work. The data link is encrpyted, so you'd first have to break through that. The OS is probably unique, so you'd have to figure that out too. Most likely you wouldn't accomplish either let alone both objectives in your lifetime.

Jamming wouldn't be feasible because the size of the jammer needed would be impractical in a battlefield scenario. Besides, you would have to jam the C2C directly (line of sight) or possibly a satellite, neither of which are probable.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
[QUOTE]o yea you cant hack people....[/QUOTE]

don't be so sure!

looks good, but i'm still waiting for the terminator!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
[QUOTE]o yea you cant hack people....[/QUOTE]

don't be so sure!

looks good, but i'm still waiting for the terminator!

this is exactly wut i mean, anything is possible.
o and ninja get a life your not the boss of me and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. just because you have one doesnt mean mine is wrong. so you should leave not me cause your not welcome if your going to treat others the way you did to me. o and i do know wut im talking about cause i spend my life on computers.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

if you play Red Alert 2

YOU CAN!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

if you play Red Alert 2

YOU CAN!

You ever play "Real Life Times: Strikes Back"?

Its really not possible to. Red Alert is a game, computers are life.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
As long as there's a remote that can activate a bomb inside the robot then I'm fine with it.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverDeath
As long as there's a remote that can activate a bomb inside the robot then I'm fine with it.

I agree with you on that point.

They should have some sort of way to detonate them of disable them.

If there is a will there is a way........someone will find a way of hacking them and the signal and contoling the units from a unauthorized access.

the start of "the Terminator films and The Matrix films in our reality"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join