It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New military robot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well here is a new robot that is in development for the Maines. Looks like it will be tracked and be able to fire and trasport weapons. Here are some pics:

Link to article: Article

So what do you think of military robots? Will they become effective.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i like this idea better than the draft...but then the whole Matrix ordeal happens, and we're all screwed

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just wait for a hacker to turn it around... I love robots but I don't think I could ever trust one with a gun.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34
Just wait for a hacker to turn it around... I love robots but I don't think I could ever trust one with a gun.

i would have to agree with you on that one!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've seen it on Future Fighting Machines.It's pretty adaptible.It fired a machine gun,smoke screen,knocked through some trees.Cool system.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
not a Metal Gear, but a step forward

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
No, robots wont be hacked, and cant. Every PERSONAL COMPTUER has a M.A.C address and a INTERNET PROTOCAL for every LAN connection. Palms i think have TRAS? You cant make a vaild connection between a TRA and a LAN connection. Even so, the govt will have a firwall to prevent it and prob encrypted commands. Only was was if you took over the base were they control it. And they will prob have there way of sending packets, instead of INTERNET, it could be INTRANET. Many ways it wont be hacked. Unless, with every unstopable thing brings new flaws. But, there never will be, that I know of thats possible.

Sorry for spelling, dont like making posts :/

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by Laxpla]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
3 words, electromagnetic-pulse

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Electromagnatic pulse? cool, theres a thing around everytime. But I was talking about HACKING it. and hacking a robot is unknown, no known commands. Like PC == DDOS, Robot == unknown!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Electromagnatic pulse? cool, theres a thing around everytime. But I was talking about HACKING it. and hacking a robot is unknown, no known commands. Like PC == DDOS, Robot == unknown!

yes there is, look:

Dir c:/

c:/hack robot

proceeding 1%

see?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
and how about jamming the robbot?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
it dosent look cool enough... it totally needs to be more stealthy something that will make the enemy point and marvel at its "kickazzness" just before it blows them a new one

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Cool, but you ever think its that easy? DIR is to get the root of a selected directory. But, how would you get to the command DIR in MSDOS? MSDOS is for WINDOWS. C:\ ( No knowledge to you because you used "/" ) is for PERSONAL COMPTUERS. Well, I dont want to let you down, but it cant be done. If you want to think other wise, then cool. Denial is the best thing for pleasure.

Any post by Laxpla is for educational use only.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Cool, but you ever think its that easy? DIR is to get the root of a selected directory. But, how would you get to the command DIR in MSDOS? MSDOS is for WINDOWS. C:\ ( No knowledge to you because you used "/" ) is for PERSONAL COMPTUERS. Well, I dont want to let you down, but it cant be done. If you want to think other wise, then cool. Denial is the best thing for pleasure.

One more time HE proves to be a MORON!

P.S. Not everybody is as stupid as you.
If you are smart enough(and there is smart people on earth unlike you) you can hack ANYTHING!!

You can even turn the USA lights off!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Looks like all those video games might pay off after all.

Watch for Space Invaders....for real!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yeah this is the same machine that used to be called the MULE. It is undergoing testing as part of the US Army's Land Warrior System.

Adds an Interesting Force Multiplier to the battlefield.

Better Uses:

Mobile medical / immunisation centre

Autonomus Ressupply of Arctic / Antarctic / Desert settlements and research stations....

Mobile Vending machine!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
first the af develops planes that dont need pilots..now the marines r developing these HK lookin things...SKYNET is takin over! i got an idead for a DoD robot..maybe they could make some to guard the nukes so i wouldnt have to freeze my ass off out there

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

One more time HE proves to be a MORON!

P.S. Not everybody is as stupid as you.
If you are smart enough(and there is smart people on earth unlike you) you can hack ANYTHING!!

You can even turn the USA lights off!!

Seeing as you have no idea what is being talked about Russian i suggest you shut up before making yourself look even more like a fool. Obviously you have no idea what hacking is or how it is done. You must have a connection to said system to hack it... There are places you cannot hack from the outside. Please restrain yourself from making too many more ignorant posts like this one.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
and how about jamming the robbot?

someone say jamming robots

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   

it was a joke
, ill just jam the robot

top topics

<<   2 >>

join