It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Mido signs for Spurs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Mido is determined to prove Roma were wrong to ship him out to Tottenham Hotspur after just six months in Serie A. The Egypt international has joined Spurs on an 18-month loan deal and marked his debut for the club with a brace in the 3-1 win over Portsmouth on Saturday. The 21-year-old moved to White Hart Lane after becoming frustrated at his lack of opportunities with Roma following his switch from Marseille last summer.

Roma's sporting director Franco Baldini has conceded the club erred in signing the attacker but Mido is anxious to show the Italian outfit what they are missing. He has accused the Giallorossi of trying to ruin his career and is confident he has made the right choice in joining Spurs.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
maybe with all the bad stuff at roma, hes being made to look the fall guy

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
with him signing, the keeper robison thinks they will get europe

Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson says that the club can secure a European place this season with the help of new signing Mido.

The Egyptian marksman arrived at White Hart Lane on loan from Roma, with somewhat of a bad-boy reputation after numerous fallings out already in his young career.

However, the 23-year-old showed his class with an explosive debut against Portsmouth that saw him net a brace in a 3-1 win.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They have a good chance with the team they have now. I would like to see who they keep next season and how well they do then..

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i thought with santini coming in, they had a a manger who would do really well. but his side where indfifferent.

jol has got the team doing well, and they have added well. i think this season, it was always going to be a get to know, but next season, they should be way stronger

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Jol looks a great manager and i want to see how well Mido does over a few games, great debut but lets see if he can be consistant.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Martin Jol has warned Tottenham's fans not to place too much pressure on Mido.

The Egyptian arrived in a high-profile loan move from Roma in January and made a sparkling impact with a two-goal blast on his debut against Portsmouth.

Mido has been forced to wait for his second start, due to the international break, but he is set to showcase his skills at the weekend when Spurs lock horns with Nottingham Forest in the fifth round of the FA Cup.

link

TRD

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The way he played on his debut he should ripped Forest apart. They are not a very good team at all and i think they will get beat by quite a few goals..

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
did he play in the match against forest?

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think he did, not sure though i didn't get to see the game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join