It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Mido signs for Spurs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Tottenham are poised to pull off the shock signing of Egyptian striker Mido. Spurs boss Martin Jol has been on the lookout for attacking reinforcements since his arrival at White Hart Lane, with Mido prominent in his thoughts for some time.

Despite failing to set the world alight in the Eternal City, Mido was expected to remain in Rome until the summer. However, the forward has seemingly had a change of heart and has told his official website that a switch to White Hart Lane is imminent.

Skysports

[Edited on 7/2/05 by TRD]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
well. i think it looks likely. he aint gonna have much of a future at roma unless they sell of montella, totti and cassano in the summer and i cant see that happening,

am sure he can do a job. maybe his ariel ability is what spurs want

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Seems that Mido's agent wants him to go to Saints Ha-ha-ha-ha now that would be a turn up for the books.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i think aslong as he gets away from roma as it must be affecting his career

TRD

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The way things are going its looking more likely he will sign for Spurs...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
if he goes there, is he signing to sit on the bench? or form 4 3 3? i dont see him as good as defoe or kanoute, though, who else do spurs have up front?

Sir

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Robbie Keane?

He might go and i guess we will find out soon, but how good is he really?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
yer, i forgot about robbie, though, i think he gets linked to aston villa due to the o'leary link.

well. he was at ajax, not sure how good he was there, i think he got a good track record at internation level. went to som1 in spain and out on loan, goes to roma and has stunk the place out.

hes a good squad player i guess, but i dont know if he will improve spurs

TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
According to the papers he is going to sign today...

TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Tottenham appear to have won the battle to land Egyptian international Mido after the striker pledged to join the club.

The Roma frontman is set to make Tottenham his sixth club in as many years.

The 21-year-old was also the subject of a late bid by Southampton, but he agreed to join Tottenham after talks with the club's sporting director Frank Arnesen.

Tottenham coach Martin Jol had earlier confirmed his interest in Mido, and it is understood that while the negotiations are primarily linked to a loan deal until the end of the season, a permanent switch has not been ruled out.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a loan deal will give Jol a chance to see him in the team, if hes good, i think a deal will happen in the summer and it cant be that hard to make it permanent.

if hes a dud, its easy to get rid of him

TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What doesn't look too good is that its his 6th club and he is only 21....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Jol said he wanted 4 strikers but i could see one of them going when the season ends if they sign Mido.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Mido is a great player and im sure he will prove himslef in Tottenham.

Tottenham are one of the teams interested, "In fact there are 15 teams in France, England and Spain and two in Italy that are interested in Mido.

So im sure he will add something to the team, but he will need the fans support as well, and a bit of time to know his team mates, when all this is done he will be 100% a win for the club, to check more about mido and see his goals go and check out egyptianplayers.com they have lots of videos of medio in all teams he been with.

Moe/Montreal
:sport-smiley-019:

[Edited on 1/26/05 by moemontreal]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It may be Mido's 6th club in as many years but I seem to remember Robbie keane had 8 clubs in 5 years or some thing close to that.He just needed to be at a club that believed in him maybe Mido will turn out similar.

TRD

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well he scored two goals today on his debut and looked really lively. He gets stuck in, creates space and has a good shot on him. Looks like Spurs have signed a really good player....

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a great start for him,

it will do him the world of good to start like this and will give the manager a headache about who to play up front

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yup thats mido man... told yaaa

[Edited on 2/5/05 by moemontreal]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i read in the paper today, a interview with Jol, he said, maybe now people will see he hasnt came here to be 4th striker

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There was talks that Defoe was off but i can't see that happening and he rubbished the reports. If anyone was to go i would get rid of Kanoute, he is too inconsistant and is a lazy bstard..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join