It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Spurs lead Routledge race

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Tottenham are still leading the chase for Crystal Palace star Wayne Routledge, but face competition from both Birmingham and a third Premiership club. Spurs are keen to snap up the talented youngster - who has made it clear he is reticent to sign a new deal.

With Routledge's current contract expiring in the summer, Palace know that they could be forced to go to a tribunal over a fee, and would prefer to name their own price this winter. It is Spurs that are currently in pole position to land the winger, who has lived up to his pre-season billing as one of the livewires of the Palace side.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
yip. he been said to be one of there better peformers. looks like spurs are wanting to improve with better players

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Dont rate him myself, he is one of palace's better player for sure but it aint that hard to shine for palace now is it.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a bid has came in

Tottenham Hotspur have submitted a �1.5 million offer for Crystal Palace winger Wayne Routledge.

The future of the England Under-21 star was thrown into doubt after he rejected Palace's offer of a new five-year contract last week.

The Eagles claim that Routledge, via agent Paul Stretford, has made it clear he will not sign a new deal at Selhurst Park - whatever the club may offer him.

link

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well I hope he learns to curb his temper if we get him

TRD

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think Palace want more and have turned it down but don't quote me on that...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I think Palace want more and have turned it down but don't quote me on that...

what was that you where saying

TRD

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hehe!

He looks like a good player to me but do Spurs really need him?

I got to think here as not being a supporter but dont they have Sean Davies, Simon Davies and someone else (Atoubu) that can play in the same position as Routledge? I know Spurs have a few injuries but do they really need him?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i think when atouba played for basle he was right back? not sure where else he can play

what position is routlegde? it say the wing but is he good on either side?

TRD

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Atouba has been playing out wide in the games i have seen him play.

Sir

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Spurs have enough midfielders wether they play out wide or in the middle, he isn't no better than what they have.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
it seems spurs are wanting the guy,

maybe there will be a exodus in the summer?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Seems a bit strange that they are going for all these players. I don't think they need him either...

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Crystal Palace have rejected a second bid from Tottenham for Wayne Routledge. The highly-rated winger is out of contract in the summer, and has thus far rejected all offers of a new deal from The Eagles. Palace are fuming that Routledge is seemingly intent on leaving Selhurst Park and are not keen on selling him during the transfer window. Tottenham had a 1.5 million offer snubbed early last week and a renewed 2 million bid was also rejected on Saturday after the Premiership clash between the two sides.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Spurs will consider increasing their offer for Crystal Palace winger Wayne Routledge for a second time. The north London side have had bids of 1.5million and 2m rejected by Palace, and Spurs will have to move fast to prevent Aston Villa moving in.

Palace want 4m for the winger, who refuses to sign a further deal at Selhurst Park. Spurs are unwilling to match Palace's valuation but may make a further compromise offer.

Sportinglife

new topics

top topics

join