It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Tottenham to offer Defoe new deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Tottenham are ready to double Jermain Defoe's money at White Hart Lane in a bid to ward off any potential suitors.

The England hitman has scored 15 goals for Spurs this term and is pushing Michael Owen all the way as England's leading frontman.

Defoe is currently earning less than half of top-earner Robbie Keane's 40,000 a week and Spurs are preparing to significantly up that offer on the remaining three and a half years of his contract.

London rivals Chelsea have understandably been talked about as one potential destination, but Mourinho has already denied his interest in the 22-year-old and has ruled out a January swoop.

But Defoe will undoubtably attract other offers with Spanish giants Barcelona believed to be a keen admirers.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
they better hope the get him tied down for long, its saying that hes challenging to be englands no1 striker, i think he will do it. hes some player.

and they wont want to lose him, at least if he got a long contract. he will cost loads to buy.

if robbie keane is on 40000, i wonder how much defore is worth

TRD

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think they are going to offer him the same, which is a double your money offer. Thing is the top sides would be willing to pay 60-70 grand easily. We'll see how loyal he is if he signs a new deal ir not...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I wonder what odds the bookies are offering on him moving in the summer, because I'd bet my house on it.

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I wonder what odds the bookies are offering on him moving in the summer, because I'd bet my house on it.

We was talking about that today at work saying that its more than likely he will do that. I think alot of people think that...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
He has no loyalty, he will be off like a shot when the opportunity comes along.

I wonder why Tottenham are trying to sign another striker? Makes you wonder eh?

new topics

top topics

join