It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Defoe worth more than 100 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
thats what Martin Jol thinks, with Defoe being in great form this season with chelsea being linked with bids on a few occasions

"We don't have to sell, so we won't be selling Jermain Defoe or anyone else. Not even if they are willing to pay 100 million tomorrow," said Jol.

"We have three very good strikers here in Jermain, Robbie Keane and Fredi Kanoute - and I am very happy with that fact.

"If we sold one, we would only have two left - so that will not happen.

and went on to single praise on the young striker

"I think Defoe can score in every game," he opined.

"If he did that from the start of a season he could get 38 League goals and why not? He is good enough and capable of doing it in the future.

"I truly believe 2005 could be a very big year for Jermain."

link

TRD

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
100 million, heh he is talking rubbish. They would let him go for 25 million.

What does Jol know about Defoe? Nothing! he has only been at the club for a short while. I have watched Jermaine play from when he was a kid and Jol has one thing right he will score plenty of goals but it doesn't take a genius to work that one out. Defoe won't stay at Tottenham i can tell you that for free. He saw them as a stepping stone back into the premier league and is just waiting for one of the big teams to make a move for him.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
yer, i think when he said this, he was hinting, you need to pay big to get him. but that wont stop chelsea and arsenal, i think out of england, only they two can offord him. man utd cant accomadate him i feel

but i think he gonna get better and better, west ham did well bringing him through the ranks.

when he left TRD, did he go for much?

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Defoe has improved no end in the last couple of years and he will only get better if that is possible. I tipped him about 4 years ago to be Englands no1 striker and to break the record for the most goals scored for England.

West Ham sold him for 6.75 million. We was robbed to be honest the club undervalued him but as we was in the Championship league when we sold him, i guess thats why he went for less. We should have got at least 15 million for him and we would have, maybe more had we been in the Prem...

We actually never brought him through the ranks as such. We stole him from Charlton. West Ham wont admit it but we did lol!

Just like Man United stole David Beckham from us. Beckham lived round the corner from me when he was a kid and when he left Ridgeway Rovers to try to make it as a pro he first came to West Ham. Man United tapped up his family and then David and stole him from West Ham.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
hehe, both those transfers are kept quiet, am suprised you managed to get defoe from charlaton. he must have beeen really young then.

owen is a household name, but i think defoe has his pace. but is a better player. alot of time to improve too like you said

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I heard Beckham was with the irons for one season and the coaching team didn't rate him as they thought he was too weak to be a top flight player and let him go, but that could just be a smoke screen.

It's just the way football is now that loyalty comes in second to wages in the modern game i 'spose.

[Edited on 1/15/05 by Boonie]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
what team is the nickname irons belong to?

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
what team is the nickname irons belong to?

West Ham!!!

We use to be called Thames Ironworks a very long time ago and thats where West Ham sprouted from.

Irons or the Hammers!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Irons is the more traditional as our real nickname is The Lilywhites but everyone just calls us spurs.

top topics

join