It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Jacques Santini quits Tottenham!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Jacques Santini has quit as coach of Tottenham Hotspur.

The former France coach has left White Hart Lane because of personal reasons, after just five months and 13 matches in charge.

His decision to quit is a massive blow to Spurs, who had begun the Barclays Premiership season well - albeit with a scarcity of goals - under the Frenchman.

Assistant coach Martin Jol will take charge of the team for Saturday's match at home to Charlton and has been tipped by some to takeover the role permanently.

Spurs would only confirm that Jol would be in charge for Saturday's match but did reveal they would comment further on the situation on Monday.

Sportinglife

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
what a blow. this guy was a good manager, he coached france when there where great?

13 games and he off. and i heard he pocketed like 3 million out of this. that is a major blow.

the ammount of time looking the director guy did and this happens. i think they are going to toil for now. no idea who they will install as manager

who you think?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i guess there is also the alleged bust up with star player carrick, and there was also a story about him not communicating with the players well

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I've heard Curbishley's name bounced about, probably nothing in it though. He seems happy at Charlton.

top topics

join