It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Spurs' Jackson refuses to beat it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Johnnie Jackson has spoken of his desire to claim a regular first-team place at Spurs after insisting he has no plans to leave White Hart Lane.

The 21-year-old's appetite was whetted from the first game of the season when he started against Liverpool, but he was not involved against Everton last week with Thimothee Atouba and Reto Ziegler preferred by head coach Jacques Santini.

But Jackson has declared his determination to win a place at the table for Monday's encounter at Portsmouth.

"Having played in the Premiership, I feel I'm good enough to play and want to play," he said. "I want to play every week at the top. I started off well, started the first game and was involved in the first six whether it was starting or coming on.

"I haven't really had a look-in in the last couple of games so it's about working hard and getting my place back in the squad and hopefully the team.

"I want to play every week but this is a top Premiership club and I'll take playing every other week as long as I'm involved."

Team Talk

join