It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Tottenham

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Tottenham condemned 10-man Wolves to their seventh home league defeat of the season with a 2-0 victory at Molineux.

Robbie Keane (37) set Spurs on their way and Jermain Defoe capitalised on a woeful back pass from Carl Cort to grab a second on 57 minutes.

Wolves' former England midfielder Paul Ince was sent off after picking up his second yellow card in the 67th minute.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Good result for Spurs. If they get the right manager this season they have the potential to be a really good side next season, although I suspect they'll get another mickey mouse manager so I wouldn't tell their fans to hope for too much.

Sir

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is one team i hate to do well and i was hoping they would get relegated. Thing is they never and have some good players. A few more to the fold and they look better than most of the other teams in the prem. I can see them finishing in the top half which is a shame lol!

TRD

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Tottenham have refused to confirm reports that they are replacing director of football David Pleat with Dutch club PSV Eindhoven's general manager Frank Arnesen.There seems little doubt, however, that former Denmark striker Arnesen has be been offered the new job of technical director at White Hart Lane by chairman Daniel Levy, leaving no room for Pleat in his current role - which he has held for six years - and also twinned with the responsibility of acting manager when Glenn Hoddle was sacked in September.Although Tottenham's initial target to become Hoddle's long-term replacement, Italian national chief Giovanni Trapattoni, has now gone on record saying he would still be prepared to take the job after Euro 2004, Real Madrid's former Manchester United coach Carlos Queiroz has become the new favourite in a partnership with Arnesen.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Tottenham have confirmed the appointment of Frank Arnesen as the club's sports director, with David Pleat leaving the club.

Arnesen, technical director at PSV Eindhoven, will take up his post from July 1.

Current director of football Pleat, who has been caretaker manager since the departure of Glenn Hoddle in September last year, will step down from his role at the end of July.

Chairman Daniel Levy said Arnesen's appointment is part of a new "Continental structure" - expected to include a new first-team coach - which is vital if Spurs are to become a force in the Premiership.

TRD

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Former Tottenham defender Christian Ziege has thanked the club's fans for giving him an emotional send-off.The former Germany international has been released by the north London club but and admitted his reception from fans in his last home game against Blackburn almost moved him to tears.

TRD

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Tottenham have reportedly offered Holland international Edgar Davids a 6million, two-year deal to ply his trade in the Premiership next season.

Midfielder Davids has been identified as the man to lead the Spurs midfield next season by new sporting director Frank Arnesen, who has scrapped plans to take PSV skipper Mark van Bommel to White Hart Lane.

Davids is available on a free transfer after failing to reach an agreement with Spanish giants Barcelona, with whom he was on loan for the second half of the season after leaving Juventus.

TRD

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Tottenham have announced they have completed the signing of Hungarian goalkeeper Marton Fulop.
The 21-year-old impressed the staff at White Hart Lane on a recent trial with the club and moves to North London from MTK Hungaria.

Fulop - who has represented his country at Under-21 level - is delighted with the deal and is unconcerned by the prospect of moving away from his homeland at a young age.

Sir

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
What makes me laugh is they have no manager and still signings player's. What if the manager doesn't like them? Spurs will still be shyte the way they are going. They need to get a decent manager and if they was to get Edgar now that might change my mind a bit, maybe not top 5 but they should finish top 8.

TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has had the last laugh on the critics by appointing the coach of the best national team in Europe.

Spurs have been the laughing stock of English football since they sacked Glenn Hoddle back in September because so many managers were linked with the post.

Tottenham announced to the Stock Exchange that French national team coach Jacques Santini will take over as head coach after Euro 2004.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Tottenham captain Jamie Redknapp believes the appointment of Jacques Santini as coach will help sell White Hart Lane to football's biggest names.

Spurs confirmed that the France manager would take the reins at White Hart Lane after Euro 2004, ending the months of speculation since Glenn Hoddle was sacked.

And, while Redknapp is relieved the uncertainty is over, he is also delighted that the club have been able to attract a 'blue chip' coach.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think he's been appointed just because he's the French Manager and they have great players. There is nothing to suggest really that he's a good manager, anyone could get great performances out of a crop of players like that.

I think they're hoping he'll be able to attract big name players (which they probably can't afford anyway) but I'm skeptical of him actually doing a good job there.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yeah well he might be a big name to the french players but what has he actually done in league management? It's all well and good being a International manager when you can pick the cream of your country. The verdict is out on him and the way Spurs have picked their managers over the past 20 years he could well easily be another flop.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I believe he most likely will be a flop. He's done nothing to prove his worth at club football level.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well i agree he could well easily flop. Looks like Edgar Davids has said no to them now. So as for the manager being a big name and bringing top players in i think not. I mean who wants to play for Spuirs? A couple of West Ham rejects eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Spurs are just such a non-entity. Everyone knows them but they've just never come across as glamorous to players or fans. I can't see them ever really attracting big names.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is one team i really hate with a passion lol!

I can't see them doing great things and all the spurs supporters i know are real excited about this new manager. I hope they fall flat on their faces haha.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
No doubt they will, they always seem to get over excited over nothing.

They're the poor mans...I was going to say Arsenal but that's an insult...hehe

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
France international Bixente Lizarazu has admitted he would be interested in a move to Tottenham to link up with new coach Jacques Santini.

Lizarazu is looking for a new club after quitting Bayern Munich at the end of last season when his contract expired.

The 34-year-old revealed that the fact that Santini is taking over at White Hart Lane makes a move to Tottenham very appealing.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
...and the fact that he'll get huge wages whilst he sees out the short rest of his career has nothing to do with it. :bounce:

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join