It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Tottenham

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Spurs, meanwhile, have admitted they are set to announce a year's loss of more than �5million and are considering raising additional cash through a new share issue.

The north London club also admit they are having to dispose of players at a loss after the bottom dropped out of the transfer market.

Although they are reportedly weighing up a bid for West Ham's England winger Trevor Sinclair, challenging Middlesbrough's �2million valuation of the player, the club now admits they are considering "fund-raising through equity".

In layman's language this means a new share issue to raise cash, a course of action predicted for the White Hart Lane club in the City earlier this year "but still in the early stages of consideration with our advisers" according to a message sanctioned by chairman Daniel Levy on the club's official website.

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Simon Davies - linked with Manchester United for much of last season - has reaffirmed his loyalty to Tottenham.

The Wales international midfielder said: "I've no intention of moving anywhere.

"I'm happy because I was in the side all last season apart from when I was suspended - and that's what you want as a player.

"I'm still convinced Spurs will be a very successful club in the future - and I want to be part of that."

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Tottenham new-boy Helder Postiga marked his debut with a goal as Spurs overcame non-league opponents Stevenage 2-0 at Broadhall Way.

The highly-rated Portuguese striker - signed from Porto for �6.25m - turned home a cross from Johnnie Jackson in the 50th minute.

The visitors were almost ahead in the second minute when Jamie Redknapp struck the inside of the post and Jamie Slabber slid a shot wide in the 16th minute following good play from Christian Ziege and Milenko Acimovic.

Acimovic opened the scoring two minutes later after he was released by a through-ball by Goran Bunjevcevic and the Slovenian made no mistake.

The lead was almost doubled on the stroke of half-time when a misplaced backpass fell into the path of Ziege, whose shot was heading for the top corner but was just tipped wide by Robert Burch.

Tottenham made 10 changes at half-time, including the introduction of Darren Anderton just two days after his proposed transfer to Portsmouth collapsed.

Postiga was one of the half-time substitutes, and his goal came with virtually his first touch.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well this one has me well excited. Zamora is most definitely the type of hot young prospect our club should be buying.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It looks like we are trying to off load some players to bring in this younger better calibr of player in.

TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hmm Zamora i have always liked him,he may be ready to take the step up but who knows i suppose he is worth a try...

Well as i heard it Spurs are going after Trevor Sinclair and Possibly still Kanoute with Iverson heading off to Wolves,also Anderton going to portsmouth could be back on......

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hoddles confirmed that the Anderton deal is still very much alive and it looks like Rebrov and Iverson will be going to Wolves.

Hopefully we are n`t in for anymore strikers as we really need to shore up the defence and midfield.

Ben Thatcher moved to Leicester as well yesterday

TRD

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah it seems hoddle is willing to cut the losses on some players if i remember rightly thatcher cost 5 million and he's gone for 500 grand....

TRD

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Tottenham defender Christian Ziege will miss the start of the new season after undergoing further surgery on a thigh injury.

The German wing-back sustained the original injury on Boxing Day when he suffered a dead leg against Charlton.

The problem became life-threatening when his thigh ballooned to twice its normal size later that night and Ziege was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery.

It appeared that Ziege - who missed the rest of last season - had made a full recovery and he was looking forward to starting afresh in the new campaign.

However, the 31-year-old has been forced to pull out of the club's tour of South Africa and have an operation to remove scar tissue from the leg.

Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle tried to remain optimistic and confirmed: "It's nothing too serious and we expect him to be out for about four weeks."

Ziege told his personal website: "The doctors have noticed that the thigh muscles have stuck together. Part of the muscle is as hard as wood and a doctor even asked me how I could play and train with my leg in that state.

"It's really annoying. I have lost six months over this. The re-education after the operation, jogging on my holidays and all the preparation has been a waste of time. It was all for nothing.

"Now I must walk on crutches again. I can do nothing with my leg. I have to undergo re-education again and I can not touch the ball. Pia (his wife) has to push me in a wheelchair. Super!"

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Tottenham are not that good a side and they missed ziege badly last season i think they will struggle again this season and will be in the bottom half.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"Tottenham are not that good a side and they missed ziege badly last season i think they will struggle again this season and will be in the bottom half."

well, well have we got an arsenal supporter here or just someone with enlightened constructive thoughts????

anywho, Spurs look set to sign freddy Kanoute which will make it three strikers in the close season. Unfortunately someone has forgotten to tell Glenn that what he actually needs is a midfielder, IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Former Tottenham player Steffen Freund has signed a one-year contract with Kaiserslautern.

Freund, a 33-year-old veteran of Germany's Euro 96-winning team, was out of contract at Tottenham and his new deal with the Red Devils also contains an option for one more.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Tottenham have completed the �3.5million signing of Freddie Kanoute.

The French striker, who will become manager Glenn Hoddle's third striker signing this summer was put through the most rigorous of medical examinations, spread over several days to ensure he has suffered no lasting effects from the groin injury which kept him out of action for four months last season.

Now the deal is definitely on with the former Lyon star arriving at White Hart Lane to join �6.25million Portugal ace Helder Postiga and �1.5million Bobby Zamora from Brighton.

West Ham have already secured �1million-rated winger Matthew Etherington from Spurs as part of the deal.

The former Peterborough and England Under-21 winger has agreed personal terms for a switch to Upton Park.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Peterborough have lodged a formal complaint with the Football League following former player Matthew Etherington's move from Tottenham to West Ham.

Boss Barry Fry claims the winger was sold for �500,000 in the �4million transfer which took French striker Frederic Kanoute to White Hart Lane.

If Fry is correct, Peterborough would receive nothing under the terms of Etherington's sale to Spurs four years ago.

Etherington was sold for �500,000 in 1999 and the White Hart Lane club agreed to pay Peterborough 15% of any future sale above the original price.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Bobby Convey from American side DC United.

The 20-year-old played against Spurs in friendlies in October and May and caught the eye of boss Glenn Hoddle, who has now agreed personal terms with the player.

The United States international will officially become a Spurs player if his application for a work permit is successful.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Tottenham's worst fears have been confirmed after scans revealed that midfield star Gus Poyet has fractured a wrist and will be out for up to six weeks.

The 33-year-old Uruguayan, who is suspended for the opening three games of the new season in any case after a red card against Blackburn last term, was injured in Sunday's goalless friendly against Sporting Lisbon at White Hart Lane.

Boss Glenn Hoddle was hoping it would prove only to be bruised ligaments but now it has proved further blow for the club with German wing-back Christian Ziege certain to be missing even longer.

The former Liverpool defender has suffered a recurrence of the thigh trouble which last season threatened his career - and much worse.

There was even a possibility of amputation when doctors had to perform two operations after international ace Ziege was injured against Charlton last Christmas.

He came back at the end of last term as a substitute in the final game against Blackburn but hit painful problems again during pre-season work.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Midfielder Jamie Redknapp has described being named as Tottenham captain as a "tremendous honour".

Glenn Hoddle revealed his decision after the pres-season friendly against Sporting Lisbon and Redknapp told the club's official website: "I haven't been here a long time, only a year, but I know what a fantastic club it is.

"It was a very proud moment when the gaffer told me I was going to be captain - I was absolutely delighted.

"Hopefully I can be a success at it because that is what we want, we all want to have success at Tottenham."

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sergei Rebrov's English representative reckons Nottingham Forest's inability to match the striker's salary could ruin their chances of attracting the Ukrainian international to the City Ground.

Rebrov, who has also attracted interest from former club Dynamo Kiev, is unhappy with life on the bench at Turkish outfit Fenerbahce, where he is on loan after joining Tottenham for an �11million fee in the summer of 2000.

Although Forest have yet to make an official approach, Spurs have sanctioned Rebrov's switch should the 29-year-old agree to move.

But Andy Blocksage, who represents Rebrov, reckons the �4,000 per week Forest have offered in wages could prove far too short of the �27,000 per week he currently earns.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
On the news front....

Spurs closing in on Chelsea midfielder Emmanuel Petit.

TRD

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Stephane Dalmat signed a season-long loan deal with Tottenham after passing a medical at White Hart Lane.

The 24-year-old, described by manager Glenn Hoddle as player who has got a "bit of everything", moves to Spurs after struggling to make an impact at Inter Milan.

"He's a good footballer," Hoddle said. "We've been looking for a certain style of midfielder and I think we're still going to have to search for that in the winter window.

"This lad has got a bit of everything and has certainly got two good feet which is unusual nowadays in players."

TRD

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Charlton defender Paul Konchesky has joined London rivals Tottenham on a one-month loan deal.

The left-back, who made his senior debut for England in the defeat to Australia in February, put pen to paper on the agreement this afternoon before departing to join up with England's Under-21 squad for the Euro 2004 qualifiers against Macedonia on Friday and Portugal next Tuesday.

As part of the deal central defender Chris Perry has moved to The Valley for the same period.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join