It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Tottenham

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has promised manager Glenn Hoddle more transfer funds after reassuring him his job at White Hart Lane remains safe.

Hoddle is under pressure to deliver the goods next season after two mid-table finishes at White Hart Lane have left many people questioning his ability to bring the glory days back to the club.

However, with reports suggesting Spurs are lining up a move to persuade Blackburn boss Graeme Souness to swap East Lancashire with North London, Levy insists Hoddle still has his full backing.

"Glenn has my unequivocal support and I can confirm he will be manager of this football club on the first day of the new season," Levy said.

"Glenn and I get on perfectly well and there are no plans for a change of manager.

"There are always rumours in football, but Hoddle has my full backing. The fact that we will be providing him with money to spend in the summer proves that.

"We're all disappointed with the performance of the team and that includes Glenn, myself, the fans and everyone connected with the club."

The best thing to do is to get rid of hoddle,but on the other hand no keep him their and hopefully they will go down...

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Republic of Ireland full-back Stephen Carr is targeting a return to full fitness next season with Tottenham - but admitted that he may have to leave Spurs to further his ambitions.

Carr missed the entire 2001-02 season with a knee injury but returned this year with some impressive performances culminating in being named in the PFA Premiership team of the Year.

But the full-back is not convinced he's back to his best and insisted: "I think I am 30% away from what I was before the injury in terms of fitness, sharpness - everything.

"I just don't feel as sharp as I was before the injury."

Yet despite his own perceived lack of sharpness, Carr continues to be linked with big-money moves away from White Hart Lane.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle have all been linked with the player - but Carr said: "I have two years left on my contract and who knows what could happen.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Tottenham are playing down talk of an imminent swoop for West Ham striker Frederic Kanoute.

The north London side admitted on Friday night they "admire" the player - but say they are not close to signing him.

A statement on the club's official website, www.spurs.co.uk, read: "Media claims that we are set to sign Frederic Kanoute are wide of the mark.

"The West Ham striker is another player who we admire but we are not on the verge of any transfer.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Tottenham have denied they are trying to land Bobby Zamora on the cheap - because they are yet to make an offer for the Brighton striker.

The White Hart Lane club are set to make an official approach for Zamora after manager Glenn Hoddle had him watched several times last season.

A club spokesman said: "He is just one of a number of players that we are monitoring but we have not made any offer - despite speculation claiming that we have already made an approach with a very low bid.

"If and when we do decide to put in an offer we will talk direct with Brighton and not via the media."

Brighton had earlier warned Tottenham and other interested clubs they can forget about signing Zamora in a cut-price deal.

With Charlton and Leicester also reportedly keen on grabbing the East London-born former Bristol Rovers striker, Brighton chairman Dick Knight insisted: "If these clubs are are really serious they need to get closer to reality.

TRD

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Enic have decided to sell Italian Serie B club Vicenza.

Vicenza president Aronne Miola announced on Tuesday that Enic, who also own English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur, had made the decision to sell.

No offers have yet been received for the northern club, who are currently ninth in Serie B with one match still to play before the end of the season.

Well it looks like they might be selling to fund some transfer targets that Spurs Have...If spurs dont sign anyone they are in for a dismal season and hopefully the drop...!

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Singing to the tune of Three Lions.....

Your going down, your going down, Tottenham's going down.

Rubbish club, rubbish players and there are no words to describe how utterly useless Hoddle has been at Spurs.

Over the last three months they have been linked with just about every player in the known universe, what player of real class would go to White Hart Lane?

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Freddie Kanoute.....LMAO...

TRD

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Tottenham have signed Portugal striker Helder Postiga from UEFA Cup winners Porto.

The 20-year-old has signed on a five-year contract and will cost an initial fee of �6.25million, although the deal - which is structured over four years - could eventually cost Spurs �8.25million.

Hoddle needed to sign a quality striker after losing Teddy Sheringham, Les Ferdinand and Sergei Rebrov from last season's squad, and is delighted with the move.

The White Hart Lane boss said: "He is a player who will add definite striking quality to our squad and is a young player of proven ability.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Spurs fan here, any mickey taking will be met with a smile and swift re-teling of Spurs wonderful history so unless you want me to bore you to death lay off my club.

Well I`ll say I`m pretty miffed that we seem to be connected to all and sundry wish hose press boys would stop making rubbish up. The Postiga signing is case in point. The only time they had a sniff of it was the day before the club announced it.

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Welcome Cassini...Well we have someone to argue with now,My family is split between Tottenham and West Ham.I live about 20 mins drive from both but i am a West Ham supporter so you can imagine what its like in our house....

Well you are right anyone that could possibly be available has been linked to Spurs,For the supporters it must be annoying....

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Is Dazza goin back to Pompey then?

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Looks like ti might be on the cards. Get the impression that they are trying to reduce the wage bill before getting new players on board. Have to wait and see."

"Welcome Cassini...Well we have someone to argue with now,My family is split between Tottenham and West Ham.I live about 20 mins drive from both but i am a West Ham supporter so you can imagine what its like in our house....
"

lol, can imagine things getting a bit feisty there. I`m quite lucky parents are Charlton fans and my sisters don`t care.

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yeah Cassini it does get a bit bad....LOL

Now i heard West ham had Steffan Freund training with them....I thought he was ok at Spurs and whats the low down with Carr do you think he will stay??

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Carrs not going anywhere (thank god)

link,

www.teamtalk.com...

I`d be gutted if him or Simon Davies left they are the players who you need to build up a side capable of getting into Europe. I have heard that Matthew Etherington May be offered as a make weight in a deal for Charltons Scott Parker. That to me is bad news but he has apparently refused to sign an extension to his contract.

News on the Anderton to Pompey thing

www.teamtalk.com...

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You cant let Davies go he is one of your best players....

As for Scot Parker he is a very good player and would do well at spurs..

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yeah i read the link on Dazza b4 it in teamtalk

Merse Merse Merse Dazza is worse!

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Yeah i read the link on Dazza b4 it in teamtalk

Merse Merse Merse Dazza is worse!

LOL...

well i heard on the radio today that he is holding talks with portsmouth so it looks like he might go from spurs..

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
But wot about Merse will he leave if Dazza comes home?

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I havn't got a clue if merson will leave if Anderton joins from Spurs as far as i know nothing has been said yet..

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Merson has apparently been in talks with Walsall,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join