It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Carrick to sign

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They have agreed the fee, just up to Man U to give him the contract he wants. He's turned out to be a great player but we all knew that down at Upton Park anyway. Lets just hope the Hammers put in a sell on clause when we sold him to Spurs for 2.75 million...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yeah, he was good at West Ham. And to think you had Cole, Carrick and Lampard in the centre at one point. Now the 3 of them are in the top 5 best English midfielders

Sure i read an article about West Ham being entiteled to any money made from a future sale. Think thats why he went for relatively cheap.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
and lo. he signed from the south at an unexpectedly high rate, not being a true International. God bless....

TRD

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I dont agree that it was an unexpected fee..

Carrick was quality at West Ham and i had the pleasure to watch him play 100's of times from when he was a young kid upto when he left to join Spurs. We let him go for a small fee of 2.75 million, which is tiny compared to the 18.5 that he was sold to Man U for. Im only guessing on this one but West Ham have done it with so many of their talented stars that they had to sell, they would have put in a sell on clause when they sold him as he went for so little.

He had a great season for Spurs and he played great for England aswell. Man U have been after him for a long time, even Newcastle was aswell as he is a Geordie, so i'm not suprised he went for so much. He will be that missing link in midfield for Man U and he could make a big difference to them.

West Ham sold Lampard to Chelsea for 11million which at the time seemed way too much aswell, but whats he worth now? 25million...

Same as Rio Ferdinand we sold him for 12million i think to Leeds which was alot of money at the time and i couldnt hazard a guess at what they would get for him.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
strange trd, you're only one of 23% in the skysports votes who suggest he's worth the money, I guess we'll see...ready to be set right, as always

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I didnt say he was worth the money, i said it wasnt unexpected by me and alot of West Ham supporters to see him go for so much.

I watched him, Cole, Lampard, Ferdinand, Defoe and many others play at a young age and when the broke through into the West Ham side. Carrick always impressed more than any of them and always looked a much better player. If you look at Lampard and Carrick, Carrick always looked a hell of alot better than Lampard ever and still did and thats saying something. All of these players and many more looked and showed great promise at West Ham but you only got to see how good they really was when they left. All of them that left West Ham went for quite alot of money and no-one has said they are not worth it and are actually worth millions more now.

So basically, sit back, relax and watch him and within two years you'll be saying what a player, hes got to be worth 30million...

new topics

top topics

join