It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Did Fergie get Ruud sale right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well thats Van Donkey finally left Man Utd after Months of speculation. Hes earned a good move to Real Madrid.

When it comes to selling players when they are past there best Fergie rarely gets it wrong, the only case prob being Jaap Stam.

He got rid of Keane when it was right, whos finished now. Same with Fortune, same with Cole and Beckham and the list goes on and on.

Van Donkey, had a crap world cup. His last season was pretty poor but over the 5 seasons his goal rate was amazing. I think Capello is a great manager and knows a good player, and well hes went out and bought him.

Has Fergie made a bloomer selling him? and go onto be a goal machine at Real? or has he passed it and will turn into an expensive flop at Real?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think he'll probably go allright, hes still a class act imo, and he's going to be surrounded by some pretty good players who know how to play the ball into the right spots.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hey Mojo,

Yeah, i think he will be good at Real. With him being signed i would imagine Ronaldo is possibly finished over there now. Same with Baptista who i don't think is good enough.

That still leaves them with Raul, Robinho, Cassano and now Van Nistlerooy.

I think the reason he was sold was due to same falling out, i think TRD once said it was a falling out between Ronaldo and Van Nistlerooy and well, it looks like Ferguson decided to keep Ronaldo. He will be worth alot more in a few seasons where as the price of Van Nistlerooy would have just dropped more and more.

But i would have thought Van Nistlerooy would have tried play good in the World Cup, but i thought he was a huge disapointment. And in the end some guy called Van Kurt got the nod infront of him and how many goals did he score? zilch. I didnt see what all the hype about this guy was.

Still, at Real... i think Capello will get the best of out Ruud. Hes signed Cannavaro and Emerson. All in all i think thats 3 really good signings and i expect him to hit at least 20 goals this season.

I think i read a report a while ago, Capello said he had 5 signings he wanted to make. And thats 3 now..

TRD

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I dont think he will be a flop, he'll still get goals but maybe he is past his best. When Man U bought him there was doubts due to some bad injuries he had and hes knees. He came back from injury last season and didnt look the same. So it could turn out to be a good deal for Man U with the money they got for him...

new topics

top topics

join