It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghost of bodmin jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This summer my family and I took a trip to bodmin jail in Cornwall and I took a few pictures on my digital camera. I was surprised when I took a look at this particular photo as it appeared to have a figure standing behind my son (there should have just been a black panel behind him)
My husband is the one in the stocks. Best place for him (joke).
There were lots of images of people that had been hung there in the past. Bodmin jail saw over 50 hangings in its time for offences such as murder and the theft of a pig, even setting light to a farmer�s wheat. The pictures showed people being hung as having their head lolling to one side just as the figure looked in the screen on my camera.
We got very excited about this and showed it to the staff at the jail who also thought that it was a figure of someone who had been hung there. We also showed it to a couple of other visitors who also agreed that this was really a ghost that we had captured.
We left there thinking that we had really captured proof that ghosts exist and that we would become famous for our picture. It was only half an hour later that I noticed that the ghost seemed to have stripes on it that looked very similar to the stripes on my sons adidas t-shirt .We then realized that it was some sort of double exposure , I don't know if it was caused by something that the camera does to stop red eye.

The moral of the story is that if you really want to you will see what you want even if it's not really there.
I never let the staff at bodmin jail know that there wasn't really a ghost. Perhaps I will print off a copy and send it to them because I feel a bit guilty about it.
Anyway here is the picture. I would have loved it to have been a real ghost.

who

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Good example of how the imagination can run and do whatever your subconscious wants it to do. Nice pic, Ive been there too.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
what does everyone else think? Would you have been fooled or am I the fool to have seen a ghost in this pic?(Bear in mind that I was looking at it on a small screen on my camera.)

Do you think that I should let bodmin jail know what it was or should I let them have their ghost?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What is the big yellow blob beside of your son and why is that clear blob on the middle of the photo and what is the thing behind your husband? Are you sure you did not capture something after all?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think the shape behind my husband is just the shape of his head as the other shape behind my son is him a split second before the pic was taken. I must have moved the camera as it took the picture giving this effect.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think I would blow it up some just to make sure, weird photo, cute family though.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
ive been there too. didnt get any feelings from the place whatsoever. not in the parts open to the public anyway. lol the cell with the man in who got hung for buggering his dog, i wont forget that one.

new topics

top topics

join