It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Volgel to Man U?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Manchester United's midfield crisis could lead to a loan bid for Milan's Switzerland international Johann Vogel. After being rocked by the news that Paul Scholes is out for the season and John O'Shea has broken two ribs, Sir Alex Ferguson's options look extremely restricted in the middle of the park.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
hey, a few years ago they had scholes, keane and butt who all played in the centre but these days... the only guy they got is Smith and hes learning the position, and Fletcher is doing quite well but i dont think hes Man Utd class long term

dunno of the switz guy is the man they need, som1 like ballack would be better

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They are really going to pay for the loss of Keane, talk about an inappropriate time to lose someone of his class. At the beginning of the season I had a sneaking suspicion that United may well take the title, but now, with a ravaged midfiled and raw recruits trying to fill the boots of experience, I think Liverpool may well overhaul them in the long run. Ferguson may only end the season with the Carling Cup, then what happens?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
When you consider the stability that team had in Midfield.... its long gone

Ronaldo is in and out, Sun Ji Park barely features, Smith still learnign the role... the midfield changes every game

and Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Liam Miller... i really think the Decline of the midfield has happened since Beckham left

new topics

top topics

join